Looking for a Busted Hardtop - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 07-08-2010, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Looking for a Busted Hardtop

4 door preferably, but a 2 door may work for my "project". Trying to find one on the Eastern side of the Mississippi so shipping doesn't kill me.

Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 07-08-2010, 08:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

what your project

bump

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #3 of 25 Old 07-08-2010, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeatenPath View Post
what your project

bump
Hard safari top.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 07-08-2010, 08:45 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

oooh i like the sound of that

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #5 of 25 Old 07-08-2010, 10:27 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

You want one already done? I cut off this..

To have this (not my Jeep but better pic then I have)...

Pic of my Jeep..

Any deal would not include the Freedom tops in front since I still use those with my complete hard-top.
post #6 of 25 Old 07-09-2010, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Moose, I want to do something similar to yours, but with the HT shell extending back to the rear cross brace on the the cage and no vertical tie in.

Last edited by daspes; 07-09-2010 at 03:32 PM.
post #7 of 25 Old 07-09-2010, 07:51 AM
JKO Addict!

I'm almost certain I can get one for you and it's in Delaware. It's for an Unlimited. The front section where the freedom top panels meet the hard top is a little busted up, the rear glass is gone and the fiberglass on the rear is busted up. Side windows are tinted and in good shape.

I'll send you a PM with my number if you want to know more.
post #8 of 25 Old 07-09-2010, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverzendz View Post
I'm almost certain I can get one for you and it's in Delaware. It's for an Unlimited. The front section where the freedom top panels meet the hard top is a little busted up, the rear glass is gone and the fiberglass on the rear is busted up. Side windows are tinted and in good shape.

I'll send you a PM with my number if you want to know more.
Thanks. May or may not work, PM inbound.

post #9 of 25 Old 07-11-2010, 06:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daspes View Post
Thanks. May or may not work, PM inbound.
Trying to get those pictures for you.
post #10 of 25 Old 07-11-2010, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Thanks.

post #11 of 25 Old 07-12-2010, 09:11 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by daspes View Post
Moose, I want to do something similar to yours, but with the HT shell extending back to the rear cross brace on the the cage and no vertical tie in.
Sounds good. May be tough to not have any vertical tie in. The hard top only has those two bolts securing it in the front so you would have to fab up some sort of method to secure the rear section to the rollcage. Should not be too difficult.

Looking forward to seeing your finished mod.
post #12 of 25 Old 07-19-2010, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Bump to the top.

post #13 of 25 Old 07-19-2010, 12:57 PM
JKO Addict!

http://forums.hrja.org/showthread.ph...ish-body-parts

rear part of a 2-door hard top, jeep was rolled with it on so it's pretty cracked up but all in one-piece. the rear glass is gone, both side glass are un-touched.

it's not mine. it's a buddy's. we're in pittsburgh, pa
post #14 of 25 Old 07-21-2010, 01:52 PM

Got one fer ya

Got a black one in east Texas, had it hoisted and my winch gave way dropping it to the floor, busted back glass and crushed a 4" wide piece of fiberglass on the rear passenger corner. The T tops, the side windows and and all rest are in great shape.

I bought a soft top (awesome), so I was gonna glass it and replace the back with plexi, but I'd be willing to sell it for...oh, how bout 1200.

[email protected]

Last edited by Silver Eagle; 07-21-2010 at 02:20 PM.
post #15 of 25 Old 07-21-2010, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Eagle View Post
I bought a soft top (awesome), so I was gonna glass it and replace the back with plexi, but I'd be willing to sell it for...oh, how bout 1200.

[email protected]
$1200 for broken hardtop? That's more than most in perfect condition goes for. Thanks anyway, I'll pass.

post #16 of 25 Old 07-22-2010, 02:43 PM

BARTER

$ 1500!! Thats my final offer.
post #17 of 25 Old 07-22-2010, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Eagle View Post
$ 1500!! Thats my final offer.
I'm not sure if joking or serious... If you're trying to be funny, use a smiley. If you serious I can only assume that you suffer from some mental retardation as there are currently 5 hardtops for sale on this board (2 for $1000; 1 for $1200, $1400, and $1500) that are in perfectly good condition. By perfectly good condition I mean they actually have all the glass and no broken fiberglass. The average price for one that is broken has been $300-500. I'm not sure why you think yours is worth 3-5 times as much... Do society a favor and renew your prescription.

Ohh, and thanks for the bump.

post #18 of 25 Old 08-01-2010, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

BTT

post #19 of 25 Old 08-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Rock God

There is the rear section of a 4dr top on ebay with a starting bid of $300 or buy it now for $600.
No one has bid on it.

its in california though...
post #20 of 25 Old 08-02-2010, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjeepr View Post
There is the rear section of a 4dr top on ebay with a starting bid of $300 or buy it now for $600.
No one has bid on it.

its in california though...
Wasn't able to find it, shipping would probably bring the suck anyway. Thank for keeping your eyes out though.

post #21 of 25 Old 08-08-2010, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Back to page 1.

post #22 of 25 Old 08-08-2010, 02:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Dunno what's going on with the one I have a lead on. It's in DE and you could go look at it if you want. I think it would work for you. I'll call him and harass him about getting the pictures.
post #23 of 25 Old 08-19-2010, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

back to page 1...

post #24 of 25 Old 08-28-2010, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

ttt

post #25 of 25 Old 09-12-2010, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

And bump again...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode