Newbie Lubbock member question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 01-27-2020, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Newbie Lubbock member question

Hello all. I知 new to this forum but not new to forums. I知 usually on many firearms related ones but I have come here for advice. I live near Lubbock, TX. In Denver city, TX to be exact and I have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport. I finally paid it off and am now ready to do some mods. It has been left completely stock as I was focusing on paying it down. I知 paranoid and worry that if God forbid I lose my job then all the money put into my vehicle will of been for nothing.

With that said I was wanting to put 35 wheels and from what I read 4 lift is the way to go. Does anyone know of a good shop in or near Lubbock? What can I expect to pay also? I was thinking of maybe just doing a basic looks only lift since I do not have much time for off roading. I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old and they take most of my time.

I use to go off roading a lot and when they get older and too cool for me I will probably do that a lot again so maybe it would be better to just go with what I actually want? I was thinking the Mopar 4 lift with the fox shocks but I would love to hear any advice from y誕ll seeing as I知 a rookie to this.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-28-2020, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

talk to Marcus at RiverCityOffroad . He's Texas , trustworthy, well-known & can swing you best deals on any upgrades you seek. He may even be able to point you to a shop down your way....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 01-28-2020, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Very much appreciated! I will look him up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 01-28-2020, 01:25 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Welcome to JKO.

Yep, call Marcus at RCO. If he can't find you a good deal on parts he will point you in the right direction. Also he has a "real" shop now not just internet where he can do the install as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #5 of 10 Old 01-29-2020, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Thank you! I知 really excited to finally be able to start working on this baby. Beth has been begging for a lift kit and now she finally gets one. Really the only thing I did was tint the windows and also ordered a bestop trektop NX for the summer days.

Now is time to do some real work so any advice y誕ll can give me I sure do appreciate!

post #6 of 10 Old 01-29-2020, 10:05 AM
RMY
Wheeler

Garage
You don't need 4" for 35s

Stick with a 3-3.5" lift. Anything beyond that will begin to require drivetrain mods, and you don't need 4" for 35s.
I've got a Teraflex ST3 with 35" BFGs; plenty of clearance. Do some more research.

2016 JKU Rubicon
Teraflex ST3, BFG AT KO2 35x12.5R17
Alpine ILX-107
post #7 of 10 Old 02-09-2020, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMY View Post
Stick with a 3-3.5" lift. Anything beyond that will begin to require drivetrain mods, and you don't need 4" for 35s.

I've got a Teraflex ST3 with 35" BFGs; plenty of clearance. Do some more research.

What kind of drive train mods? Sorry like I said I知 new to this

post #8 of 10 Old 02-09-2020, 10:09 AM
JKO Addict!

35" tires only require 2-2.5" of lift and minimal parts replaced. Whoever told you that you need 4" to run 35's does not know what they are talking about. As you go up in height it requires more components and at 4" to be done right you are looking at replacing just about everything under the jeep. Check the stickies in the modified section or click the link in my signature which will go over your suspension components.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #9 of 10 Old 02-09-2020, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
35" tires only require 2-2.5" of lift and minimal parts replaced. Whoever told you that you need 4" to run 35's does not know what they are talking about. As you go up in height it requires more components and at 4" to be done right you are looking at replacing just about everything under the jeep. Check the stickies in the modified section or click the link in my signature which will go over your suspension components.

Hey I appreciate it!

post #10 of 10 Old 02-10-2020, 02:43 PM
RMY
Wheeler

Garage

2016 JKU Rubicon
Teraflex ST3, BFG AT KO2 35x12.5R17
Alpine ILX-107
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode