Are you prepared? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 06-12-2013, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
Exclamation Are you prepared?

We are the most privileged people on the planet. Very few places are earth can you own a Jeep and use it 365 days a year. But what happens when the unexpected happens? Sadly most of us think we are prepared for wheeling. Tools...Parts...Cell phone....Cb.

Scenario

Your out exploring the desert 30 miles away from anything and you come across a truck rolled over. What do you do?

Use your cb?

No cell service either.

In light of recent events it opened up my eyes a bit. I have a spot that I let the service expire. Its better than nothing until now. Spot connect recently came out which lets you connect with your cell via blue tooth and you can text using satellites. Another option is the ham radio or a satellite phone.

http://www.findmespot.com/en/index.php?cid=116

SPOT Connect - YouTube

Spot Global Phone

Do you carry? You certainly should. This is something I also shrugged off why do we need to be armed? You never know the situation you may be in could be life or death. Of coarse I don't carry either figured I have enough friends that do. What if you wheel alone?

Insurance

Make sure your insurance is current likely the person that hits you in our fine state won't have it!

Lets discuss

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps

Last edited by jdemonto; 06-12-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Granite Guru

Do you have one of the Spot Connect systems Jason: just curious how it work for you?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Secure Concealed Storage for all models of Jeep JK with a hard top, Tactical and expedition gear, Front Runner Vehicle outfitters dealer.
post #3 of 9 Old 07-20-2013, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychosquirrel View Post
Do you have one of the Spot Connect systems Jason: just curious how it work for you?

Yes downloaded new firmware works very well with my iphone.

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 07-20-2013, 05:55 PM
Granite Guru

I think I may be leaning toward the Delorme inreach now. www.inreachdelorme.com

Secure Concealed Storage for all models of Jeep JK with a hard top, Tactical and expedition gear, Front Runner Vehicle outfitters dealer.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-20-2013, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
I think I may be leaning toward the Delorme inreach now. www.inreachdelorme.com

Very nice unit, the $86 for the spot connect was hard to pass up!

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #6 of 9 Old 07-20-2013, 08:31 PM
Granite Guru

Yeah but how much are you paying for your service.

post #7 of 9 Old 07-20-2013, 08:55 PM
Granite Guru

As for the armed, I keep a marlin .22lr rifle with 500rds of ammunition hidden somewhere inside of the jeep just incase. Plus I always have my ruger lcp with 2 mags and a glock 27 with 2 mags on my person.
post #8 of 9 Old 07-20-2013, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Yeah but how much are you paying for your service.

Basic service is $99, I have the tracking,txt and helicopter rescue $192

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #9 of 9 Old 07-20-2013, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpinehyperlite View Post
As for the armed, I keep a marlin .22lr rifle with 500rds of ammunition hidden somewhere inside of the jeep just incase. Plus I always have my ruger lcp with 2 mags and a glock 27 with 2 mags on my person.
Sounds like your covered!

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode