2014 Annual Chile Challenge - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 05-01-2013, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

2014 Annual Chile Challenge

Well now that the Rubicon Trail run is almost upon us I guess it's time to start planning a trip to New Mexico next year.

I'm kind of wanting to attend the Annual Chile Challenge in Las Cruces, New Mexico. Should be in February but not sure if the dates have been set yet or not. I'm looking for a group of about 6 jeeps to go along. At this point in time I am looking for the following people to attend along with us;

Ken Jong Il (Ken, you have a score to settle with The Abyss)
Ribicobra (Mike, you and Angela have to go to make up for missing last year)
RockWraith (James, I just assume you will be going because this is some good shit)
popeyesides (Scott, your invited because every great trip needs a lucky charm)

That basically leaves only a few spots open unless the aforementioned rigs can't attend for one reason or another. Now, not to discourage anyone from attending this but understand that some of the trails are extremely tough for our heavy ass, low clearance pigs. Winching and severe thrashing is absolutely guaranteed and you can expect body damage in one form or another. This is not for the faint of heart, period.

For those interested, let me know and we'll start planning up another fun trip

Originally Posted by van7559
I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M's View Post
Well now that the Rubicon Trail run is almost upon us I guess it's time to start planning a trip to New Mexico next year.

I'm kind of wanting to attend the Annual Chile Challenge in Las Cruces, New Mexico. Should be in February but not sure if the dates have been set yet or not. I'm looking for a group of about 6 jeeps to go along. At this point in time I am looking for the following people to attend along with us;

Ken Jong Il (Ken, you have a score to settle with The Abyss)
Ribicobra (Mike, you and Angela have to go to make up for missing last year)
RockWraith (James, I just assume you will be going because this is some good shit)
popeyesides (Scott, your invited because every great trip needs a lucky charm)

That basically leaves only a few spots open unless the aforementioned rigs can't attend for one reason or another. Now, not to discourage anyone from attending this but understand that some of the trails are extremely tough for our heavy ass, low clearance pigs. Winching and severe thrashing is absolutely guaranteed and you can expect body damage in one form or another. This is not for the faint of heart, period.

For those interested, let me know and we'll start planning up another fun trip
My Jeep was wondering why all the Pussy Wheeling and not the good shit! Im in for sure! Thanks!

08 Wrangler Rubicon
RE 4.5 LA
37' Coopers
Bulldog Stubby Front bumper
Superior 5:13's
Riddler diff covers
Rigid LED lights
AEV Snorkel
9.5 SuperWinch W/ synthetic line
Superchip
Everything else is just fucked up!
post #3 of 12 Old 05-02-2013, 11:54 AM
Probably Stuck on my Diff

I wanna go on this one.

More Cowbell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 05-02-2013, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11jeeperdrummer View Post
I wanna go on this one.
Cool. You will need a rear locker by then if you don't have one. A few of these trails are serious wheeling trails and you must be locked front and rear to do them.

I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
post #5 of 12 Old 05-03-2013, 02:54 AM
Rock God

I will conquer the Abyss

07 Rescue Green Unlimited
Upcoming projects - Much needed TLC
post #6 of 12 Old 05-03-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Cool. You will need a rear locker by then if you don't have one. A few of these trails are serious wheeling trails and you must be locked front and rear to do them.
So like dont come on this trip without lockers front and rear? Or like, you really want to have lockers front and rear?

I doubt I will break into the rear axle by then, so I guess I will not be making it.

More Cowbell
post #7 of 12 Old 05-03-2013, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11jeeperdrummer View Post
So like dont come on this trip without lockers front and rear? Or like, you really want to have lockers front and rear?

I doubt I will break into the rear axle by then, so I guess I will not be making it.
You need to be locked both front and back. There is some seriously gnarly shit out there and there's no room for any open axles. Guaranteed you'll be winching up stuff even locked. Unlocked you'll be winching up everything.

Sell your body to some older women. They will pay for it...then you can have locker in rear.

post #8 of 12 Old 05-03-2013, 01:11 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:
You need to be locked both front and back. There is some seriously gnarly shit out there and there's no room for any open axles. Guaranteed you'll be winching up stuff even locked. Unlocked you'll be winching up everything.

Sell your body to some older women. They will pay for it...then you can have locker in rear and self esteem in the gutter.
FIFY

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #9 of 12 Old 05-03-2013, 02:35 PM

Lol, my self esteem is shot from just driving this damn Jeep, let alone whoring myself out lol.. Honestly I need to take a serious break on spending money on parts, so I will see where I'm at, but highly doubt Ill be ready to by then. No worries.

More Cowbell
post #10 of 12 Old 05-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Being responsible is overrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #11 of 12 Old 05-03-2013, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Yeah I agree. Fuck responsibility. I was responsible my whole life and look where it got me. I'm only now beginning to enjoy things in life. Not too smart.

I will say Chris, taking a break from the jeep might be a good thing to do for a little while. At least try to get it to a point where you can drive the damn thing and go on a few runs. Been chasing your tail way too long on this last ordeal.

I also wanted to ask about your rcv boots. If I remember correctly they are pretty torn up at the edges aren't they? Now that I have mine in I see where things could be messed up if yours are getting torn. This would be another warranty item from your friends at Von's.

post #12 of 12 Old 10-09-2014, 05:20 AM
Wheeler

Update:
The Chile Challenge was moved North to Caballo Lake State Park and will be held 15-18 Oct.

I'm planning on attending Saturday

http://www.chilechallenge.org/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode