AZ: Sunflower Mine Loop Night Run - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 04-13-2013, 05:36 AM Thread Starter
TJT
Rock God

AZ: Sunflower Mine Loop Night Run

Gonna have to change the run to Table Mesa.

Let me know who's in. Maybe we can meet up for dinner prior to the run?

Chino Bandito!!

Last edited by TJT; 05-01-2013 at 04:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 04-13-2013, 08:22 AM
Rock God

You know I'm in

07 X - Flame Red - 6 Speed - 5.13s - 37x12.50 MTR/Ks - ProComp 7069s 17x9
RK 3.5" X-Factor LA - WTOR Hydro Assist - Rubicon Axles F&R - Trussed & HD Brackets
PSC Flares, OR-Fab Front Bumper, Genright Rear Bumper, Poly Sliders w/ PSC Armor
post #3 of 23 Old 04-13-2013, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
TJT
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by axsys View Post
You know I'm in
Gotcha buddy! Have plans I can't escape from on the 1st, so I had to make it the 2nd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 04-14-2013, 09:54 PM
JKO Addict!

Well Meg and I are thinking of hitting this run with you guys too. A little harder for us to get away during the week but if it's a really great run we can try to work it out. So, that said, is this a technical run or just a scenic one?

Originally Posted by van7559
I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
post #5 of 23 Old 04-14-2013, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
TJT
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M's View Post
Well Meg and I are thinking of hitting this run with you guys too. A little harder for us to get away during the week but if it's a really great run we can try to work it out. So, that said, is this a technical run or just a scenic one?
The area has been closed since the fires last year, so we won't know for sure until the 1st when trip reports come back from other groups. The VJC is running it the morning of the 1st and there's about 30 of them.

Prior to the closure it was an easy to moderate rated trail. Some rough road going along the mountainside, some rocks in the creek bed, a old mill and several mines along the way, a crack to play on if you wish, etc. Not really technical, but it will definitely get you if you're not paying attention. It's a great trail, definitely one of my favorites.

I lost all my wheelin pics, but here's a couple pics from the VJC forum that pretty much sum it up. Its a great night run trail. Especially down in the creek bed.

Video of the Airpark Jeep Jam Run Oct 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxJgda_X_RI

Airdown, we start through the gate on the left, trail is about 5 miles and loops back to the gate on the right.

This is the optional way, bypass is to the right

The Crack.

Last edited by TJT; 04-14-2013 at 10:37 PM.
post #6 of 23 Old 04-14-2013, 10:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Great, thanks! Looks pretty fun. Will pass this on to Meg and we can decide what to do. How's camping in the area?

I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
post #7 of 23 Old 04-14-2013, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
TJT
Rock God

Lots of primitive camping areas right off the road that leads to the trail and a few really cool spots along the trail off the creek bed.
post #8 of 23 Old 04-14-2013, 11:15 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

The rocks are sneaky at night! Do not let Two Wheel Drive Tim lead this run! I ran this at night with Tony riding shotgun with Tim in his white JKU. I ran it on stock KM's, open/open, with a small BB. Basically how I am still set up and had very few problems. I only folded a single LCAB on the passenger side. We ran it with snow and lots of running water so very few people would have a problem making it through this or having fun with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #9 of 23 Old 04-14-2013, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
TJT
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Two Wheel Drive Tim

One of my favorite pics from Sunflower Mine Loop.

Last edited by TJT; 04-15-2013 at 12:19 AM.
post #10 of 23 Old 04-15-2013, 09:50 AM
JKO Addict!

Ok guys. Meg and I are gonna pass on this one. The run sounds great and the trail looks like it would be really fun but I think we'd like to do it in the daytime so we could enjoy all the scenery since it's a pretty easy trail. We'll just wait for a day run and see if we can make it then. Thanks and have a safe trip

post #11 of 23 Old 04-15-2013, 09:59 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

I would guess after all the flash flooding that its a completely different trail!

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #12 of 23 Old 04-15-2013, 11:38 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
I would guess after all the flash flooding that its a completely different trail!

Jason
Hey Jason, Murray down in Tucson. How ya doin? You thinking just mildly different or extremely different making things more challenging perhaps? I don't mind doing a night run in the area but only if it poses a challenge. I hate to miss out on all the great scenery on a trail in the dark if that's what the big attraction is.

Although, I suppose that if we camped and spent some time driving around our maybe do the run again in the daylight on Friday it might be ok but then here we are running alone and I'm not too thrilled about that.

I don't want to seem wishy washy, just want to have any out of town trips be worth it, especially if we take time off work during the week to do it. That said, anybody interested in camping out Thursday night and showing us around a bit on Friday before we head back home?

post #13 of 23 Old 04-15-2013, 11:59 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:
Hey Jason, Murray down in Tucson. How ya doin? You thinking just mildly different or extremely different making things more challenging perhaps? I don't mind doing a night run in the area but only if it poses a challenge. I hate to miss out on all the great scenery on a trail in the dark if that's what the big attraction is.

Although, I suppose that if we camped and spent some time driving around our maybe do the run again in the daylight on Friday it might be ok but then here we are running alone and I'm not too thrilled about that.

I don't want to seem wishy washy, just want to have any out of town trips be worth it, especially if we take time off work during the week to do it. That said, anybody interested in camping out Thursday night and showing us around a bit on Friday before we head back home?
Ok Chris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #14 of 23 Old 04-15-2013, 04:52 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
Ok Chris.
I'm working on it but those are some big waders to fill...lol

post #15 of 23 Old 04-15-2013, 05:36 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Ok Chris.
I'm not wishy washy, the answer is always no!

Quote:
I'm working on it but those are some big waders to fill...lol
Are you calling my ass big?

Quote:
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
post #16 of 23 Old 04-15-2013, 07:09 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

Haha, I think Jimbo was referring to one of our Chris' down here who always is in, but out, but not really, maybe, I don't know, I'll let you know, I'll keep you posted...lol. So I guess I was walking in his footsteps kinda, sorta

However, if you do have a big ass you should be a good golfer

post #17 of 23 Old 04-16-2013, 05:22 AM

Quote:

Go ask your wife first. Then it might be a maybe.

Quote:
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #18 of 23 Old 04-16-2013, 07:17 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Go ask your wife first. Then it might be a maybe.
At least i'm not looking to get mine banned from here!

Quote:
post #19 of 23 Old 04-16-2013, 07:40 AM

Shutup you will ruin the surprise.

Quote:
Quote:
post #20 of 23 Old 04-16-2013, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
TJT
Rock God

Quote:
In case Jason didn't get back to you. You're probably going to be disappointed if you're looking for a challenge.

Oh, ya know It could be a challenge for Jason. If he's not flying ahead of everybody he's turning around cause he refuses to do a challenging obstacle... (cough, MOAB, cough, STEELBENDER....2012...)

Last edited by TJT; 04-16-2013 at 01:25 PM.
post #21 of 23 Old 04-16-2013, 02:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJT View Post
In case Jason didn't get back to you. You're probably going to be disappointed if you're looking for a challenge.

Oh, ya know It could be a challenge for Jason. If he's not flying ahead of everybody he's turning around cause he refuses to do a challenging obstacle... (cough, MOAB, cough, STEELBENDER....2012...)
HaHa, we have many similar cases down here. Must be something in their water or perhaps in their pants, or rather lack thereof... Sorry Jason, couldn't resist!

Thanks for the heads up. We really love doing scenic trails, but definitely want to do them in the daytime when we can enjoy the sights. If we're doing night runs then we prefer them to give us a little challenge in exchange for scenery.

So, final answer on this will be that we aren't going. Guess what we will do instead is to take the front axle off and install the Artec truss and new lca's with skids along with the new HD trackbar mount. Then we will be installing a PSC hydro assist on the 28th so at least we will be occupied with things to do.

Thanks for all the trail info. We do look forward to running Sunflower as it sounds like a really beautiful area and lots of fun to explore with the mines and all. Cameron said it was his favorite run so we really were looking forward to it but again, in the daytime. Catch you guys on the next one hopefully. I think we have a weekend being spent next month in Florence so with any luck maybe a few of you guys can come hang out with us there

post #22 of 23 Old 05-01-2013, 04:16 AM Thread Starter
TJT
Rock God

Damnit! Looks like Jason had the crystal ball on this one and Sunflower is going to need some work. So we're changing the run to Table Mesa.

Lower/Upper Terminator and Predator.

Dinner prior to the run at Chino Bandito anyone?

TonyT.
post #23 of 23 Old 05-01-2013, 07:50 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Wow how did I miss all the shit talking? I recall someone that got sand in their vag and could drive....cough cough Hells Revenge. We need to plan a scouting trip during the day. Then several night runs this summer when Tony is done playing in the sand.

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode