WAZ 5th Annual Josh Memorial Run April 12-14th - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 04-11-2013, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

WAZ 5th Annual Josh Memorial Run April 12-14th

I met several of you at the Friends of Redington event last weekend and we talked about this weekends wheeling trip. Ill be bringing our Buggy not the Comanche, but it will be a mix of all makes models including stockers.

More info on WAZ:
http://www.wheelingarizona.com/forum...hp?f=5&t=16038

Planning the 5th annual Josh memorial run. Ive been talking with Tom Christmas the owner of Josh's old Fj40 and were looking at doing this trip near lake pleasant north of phoenix. Exit rd is between mile marker 8 and 9 on the carefree highway 74.

The staging area we are planning for is just before "The boulders" staging area which is between mile marker 11 and 12. The Hieroglyphic Mountains/ Boulders is on state trust land so you should have a state trust permit. This area is a mix of state trust, BLM and private property.

Here is a map of the area
http://azstateparks.com/ohv/download...eroglyphic.pdf

Planning to drive up friday Night to camp. Wheel Saturday 9amish Camp Sat Night and drive home Sunday afternoon.

Vehicle requirements will be mild, all makes and models, not a buggy only run.

We do an annual memorial run for Josh every year around April close to his birthday.

KOH 2014 finished 18th

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-11-2013, 08:19 AM
Rock God

Thanks for the invite, love that area, but family duty calls.....mehbe next time
post #3 of 10 Old 04-11-2013, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Thanks for the invite, love that area, but family duty calls.....mehbe next time
What trails have you done there, what did you like?

KOH 2014 finished 18th

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 04-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Dave,

Saw that this morning when I signed up over there. But have to pick up brother at airport tomorrow then drop him off on sunday morning (early). So we are doing chimney rock night run saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #5 of 10 Old 04-11-2013, 12:54 PM
JKO Addict!

Thanks for the invite Ash. I have already committed to do the Chimney run with Jim this weekend and we are also camping there Saturday night with a few others. Sounds like a blast. Hopefully next time we can make it. You guys have fun and let us know when you make it home safe.

Originally Posted by van7559
I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
post #6 of 10 Old 04-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Rock God

Quote:
What trails have you done there, what did you like?
no wheeling. Just some of the dirt roads between wickenburg/morristown to the backside of the lake past castle hot springs in our J10 pickup. It goes through a huge lava? slot canyon, so steep we chased a herd of wild burros for a couple miles before they could even climb out. We have been turned back by wildfires twice trying to go through from there to crown king. Once up, once down. Not sure that was really where you are going but great part of the state for sure! We checked out the lake too to see if it was a decent place to sail.

edit ok checked out your maplink and the heiroglyphic loop looks like its south of the midpoint between the two ends of Castle Hot Springs Road along 74. we went north of and around garfias mtn. That BLM map is crap. Just another part of the state with infinite routes...

Last edited by Catfish; 04-11-2013 at 02:15 PM.
post #7 of 10 Old 04-11-2013, 02:12 PM
Wheeler

How important is a state trust permit? Would love to go on this run but don't have one and probably can't get one by this Sat.!
post #8 of 10 Old 04-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Rock God

ignorance is bliss

until you get caught...

story of my life
post #9 of 10 Old 04-11-2013, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcrazy29 View Post
How important is a state trust permit? Would love to go on this run but don't have one and probably can't get one by this Sat.!
Ive bought them for many years and have never been checked. Ive heard most STL rangers will hand out permits on sight if you dont have one, rather then give you a ticket. We will be on a mix of STL, BLM and private land. It will be my first time on these trails, we may end up not touching STL.

My rig just has the OHV sticker like a ATV would have because they registered it as a sand buggy? what ever $25 and its off road and street legal.

Gutted my axle today found two bent and twisted shafts, and a 1/2 a ring gear tooth missing. The twisted shaft caused the axle seal leak I was fixing. New shafts are in, Ill have to risk the ring gear.

Now Im working some fiberglass repair.

KOH 2014 finished 18th

post #10 of 10 Old 04-12-2013, 07:31 PM
Wheeler

Well, unfortunately we are going to pass this time. Do appreciat the heads up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode