TDS 2008 JKowners GTG - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 12-24-2007, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
Exclamation TDS 2008 JKowners GTG

Hey guys, I attended last year and it was a blast!!! I like to organize a Jkowners showing to this great and historic event. New info has been posted to the TDS club site. You must register with them, I would like to see how many would like to go! We will also camp for 2 days. I plan to leave at 6pm Feb 29th arrive set camp and wheel all day Sat on the Safari run. We can wheel all day sunday or pack and leave Sunday Morn. I am also inviting the www.virtualjeepclub.com and I know the ROF guys always go....

More info to come

Jason

Safari Newsflash

San Diego, CA (Oct 15, 2007): The Tierra del Sol Four Wheel Drive Club of San Diego (TDS4x4) announced the scheduling of its 46th Annual Desert Safari event.

Scheduled for February 29-March 2, 2008, the Desert Safari is the largest and oldest event for four wheel drive enthusiasts.

Slated to be held at the Ocotillo Wells State Vehicular Recreation Area, Desert Safari 2008 will feature many on-site vendors displaying products in addition to an opportunity for drivers to participate in a “follow-the-leader” obstacle through the desert terrain.

John Stewart, Tierra del Sol club president stated, “The event is internationally recognized as a quality event with an opportunity for drivers to test their skills and their vehicle capabilities.”

Event registration begins January 1, 2008 and is open to licensed drivers of 4-wheel drive vehicles.

In the 1950’s, off highway recreation began growing in popularity and Truckhaven was found to be an ideal location for the emerging 4x4 recreation market. In 1964, the Tierra del Sol Four Wheel Drive Club of San Diego began hosting their annual Desert Safari event in the Truckhaven area.

Stewart noted the current status of the area limits organized activities until California State Parks completes their management plan. TDS4x4 is working with the Ocotillo Wells State Vehicular Recreation Area to develop a management plan that provides for increased recreation opportunities and supports the adjoining communities.

Tierra del Sol Four Wheel Drive Club of San Diego promotes four wheel drive motor vehicle family recreation as wholesome and fun, demonstrates motor vehicle recreation practices to protect and enjoy the natural environment, and promotes recreational motorized access of public lands. If you would like more information on how you can be a part of this effort, contact Tierra del Sol Four Wheel Drive Club of San Diego, P.O. Box 4371, San Diego, CA 92164, or telephone (619) 390-8747, or visit www.tds4x4.com

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 12-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Rock God

I'll be going for my 8th straight year. I'll be heading out there on Thursday. i plan to wheel Friday and Saturday.
post #3 of 19 Old 12-26-2007, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
re:TDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by igofshn View Post
I'll be going for my 8th straight year. I'll be heading out there on Thursday. i plan to wheel Friday and Saturday.
Cool, Hope to see you out there! Look for the Red LJ that has Aiprark on the hood!!

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 12-27-2007, 10:59 PM
Granite Guru

Looks good

I will try to make it. See how it goes at work.
post #5 of 19 Old 01-04-2008, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
RE:sign up avail

Event Registration

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #6 of 19 Old 02-05-2008, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
Any takers??

BTT

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #7 of 19 Old 02-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Rock God

I'm already registered. You can find me by looking for this.

You also can't miss the license plate
post #8 of 19 Old 02-06-2008, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
Wink re:TDS

Cool...you can find me just as easy!! I have a 2005 LJ with "Airpark" on the hood

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Last edited by jdemonto; 12-25-2008 at 08:56 PM.
post #9 of 19 Old 02-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Wheeler

I'll be there, I look forward to meeting some of you guys.
post #10 of 19 Old 02-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Rock God

I'll be camped at the my jeep rocks camp site. We will have banners up. www.myjeeprocks.com
post #11 of 19 Old 02-22-2008, 07:24 AM
Wheeler

I'll be there, driving down from Modesto Thursday, Going back on Monday.

Looking forward to meeting some of you guy's there.

Red Rock Rubicon 2007.
post #12 of 19 Old 02-22-2008, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
re:Night Run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard13756 View Post
I'll be there, driving down from Modesto Thursday, Going back on Monday.

Looking forward to meeting some of you guy's there.
We are arriving around 8PM on Friday night.....Getting inspected and running the safari run Sat morning and maybe a night cruise after dinner on Sat night.....Anyone in????? Maybe we can meetup Sat night somewhere?

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #13 of 19 Old 03-03-2008, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
TDS pics

I had a great time, ran into some issues with my front bump stops..easy fix, Friday and sat weather was great, sat night the wind picked up 50-60mph..no fun in a tent!! We left early sunday went to Julian,CA for the best apply pie on this earth and wondered down to my home town Descanso,Ca to visit Grandma! Enjoy the pics..guess where the lst one was taken?

I will post some here when I get time to resize!

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Last edited by jdemonto; 03-07-2008 at 06:36 PM.
post #14 of 19 Old 03-03-2008, 10:47 AM

Jason, thanks for the pics. We have friends in S.D., miss the ocean.
Best pie? Name? I thought the BEST was at the Pie Hut in Cascade, Idaho
post #15 of 19 Old 03-03-2008, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detonator X View Post
Jason, thanks for the pics. We have friends in S.D., miss the ocean.
Best pie? Name? I thought the BEST was at the Pie Hut in Cascade, Idaho
Best apply pie:there are 4 different shops all are great in julian,CA

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #16 of 19 Old 03-04-2008, 06:57 AM

Ahhh, Julian has its own local source of apples. A distinct advantage
post #17 of 19 Old 03-07-2008, 06:16 PM

I like this one. BadAss...

post #18 of 19 Old 04-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Granite Guru

Did you guys see my jeep in the vendors area. I had the narrow xenons on. First set off production line. Great turn out and had alot of fun. The wind on sunday sucked.

2008 Stone White 2DR X
Cutsom TJ front 2" springs with 2 spacers
Teraflex rear 3" 4dr. springs heated so they actually sit 3" on my 2dr
Custom rear shock mounts
285x75 R16 Treadwright MTRs Yeah they rock soon to be 315x70 R16
Xenon Narrow Flares
Woods Steering Stabilzer Bracket
Teraflex rear driveline
Mopar Frt bumper made Stubby
KC Slimlites
Bikini Top
Custom exhaust - Flowmaster single chamber with Woods tail pipe
Lots of Beer Consumption
post #19 of 19 Old 04-11-2008, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
WIND

Quote:
Originally Posted by YmansJK View Post
Did you guys see my jeep in the vendors area. I had the narrow xenons on. First set off production line. Great turn out and had alot of fun. The wind on sunday sucked.
Wind+tent camping=Lets go home!!

The TDS is bad luck for me, Jacked up my KM2's on mt fenders..longer Bumpstops neede...During my pre TDS test everthing seemed to work fine?

Next year.....

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode