JKOwners Forum banner

Meet & Greet / Mod Party Sunday Feb, 10th

5K views 54 replies 13 participants last post by  M&M's 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay, here's the list so far of who's bringing what and who is doing what to their jeeps. Also as a side note, this is Meg's birthday weekend so if someone wants to make a little cake to surprise her that would be cool. I think she likes German Chocolate cake if that's not too much to ask. You don't want me making that or it will taste like metal and wood chips. lol We will be starting at 8am Sunday morning and going till everyone is done or I'm just too tired to deal with anyone else. haha

Who's bringing what: I'd say we expect at least 25 + people as a head count.

Gunny - Tater salad and shining ******* personality
Rubicobra - Moar beer
11jeeperdrummer - Sides
Tdross1 - Hamburgers and maybe awesome salsa
Pima651 - Hot dogs
Toro34 - Tater chips, tortilla chips
JKChris - Ice
Catfish - Mac salad
Randy & Candy - Something
Beastmaster - Dessert & ice
XBASX - Cobbler
Double G - ?
NGINIER - To be determined. Maybe strippers and tassles.
Denise - B-Day cake:)
adamkaikens - Side dishes of original flair.

I think that's it so far. Like I posted earlier, we will be providing a starter cooler of beer, hot dog and hamburger buns and condiments...

Who's doing what to their jeeps:

XBASX - Retorque bolts, lube job. Find what's squeaking and lube it too.
RockWraith - Misc. odds and ends and some electrical work.
Denise - Look at Kittycon steering/front end issues, install upper control arms.
11jeeperdrummer - Install brake lines, bleed. Adjust castor, look at winch.
Toro34 - Trim factory fenders, sliders, trim body at rear fender well.
JKChris - Swap T-case
Catfish - Reattach loose fender, find what's squeaking in front wheel.
Rubicobra - He's gonna wash and detail all of our jeeps. That's awesome!!!
Pima651 - Needs new lift dialed in and a little electrical work.
Thomas - Has death wobble really bad. See what we can find and fix it.
Doc Brian - Front fenders.

Looks like there's a few things to do to at least a couple jeeps here. haha
As usual, gonna be a great time. Maybe need to have someone take good pics since I totally suck at it anymore. Would be nice to post up all the work getting done.

In anyone else is coming please post up and I'll add you to the list along with what your bringing and what your getting done:)

See less See more
#5 ·
I have a couple of minor things I'd like to do on my rig, time permitting.
  • Fix squeek on right rear wheel (I know what the problem is an it's an easy fix)
  • Slight adjust on the steering wheel

Also, I'll bring some ice.

Should I bring any beer???

#8 ·
More ice sounds good and I can't imagine anyone saying no to more beer:gluging:

We also have another birthday on sunday, somebody is turning 40!! Im getting jimmy his favorite dessert so ill also get megs cake while im at it
Denise
That's awesome Denise, thanks!!

For Gregs loose fender do you need some plastic pop rivits???? I have bunches of them and plasticc pop rivit gun..
Couldn't hurt to bring them just in case. If we cut down a bumper maybe we could use them too.

#6 ·
We also have another birthday on sunday, somebody is turning 40!! Im getting jimmy his favorite dessert so ill also get megs cake while im at it
Denise

#9 ·
For Gregs loose fender do you need some plastic pop rivits???? I have bunches of them and plasticc pop rivit gun
yah thanks Randy most of the rivets are still there but its detached at the body and who knows I'll probably thrash the rivets trying to get at those clips.

Fix squeek on right rear wheel (I know what the problem is an it's an easy fix)
Lyle, I'll help and then mehbe have some idea what mine is...also I'll bring cash for your draglink

#11 ·
yah thanks Randy most of the rivets are still there but its detached at the body and who knows I'll probably thrash the rivets trying to get at those clips.

Lyle, I'll help and then mehbe have some idea what mine is...also I'll bring cash for your draglink
Hay Greg go to the dealer and pick up some new clips. I had mine come off after a tree limb hit it. The clips are resonable, the rivits are not. I found a good supply house for them and got a bunch....

#13 ·
Fresh out of tassels...

#15 ·
Is there anyone that will be there who can troubleshoot CB's? Mine is a little picky as to when it wants to work vs work well.

#16 ·
I would say Travis or Randy might be able to help with that. In fact if both of them brought their meters we could attempt tuning a bunch of units cause I know that's a big problem for most of us. Of course our location isn't the greatest to set things up but we could sure try.

So how about it you two, would you be willing to work on radios to a little?

#27 ·
8am. I am having Jaz come first so I can lube her up and torque her down then have someone take her out and see where she squeaks.

From there it would be nice to get JKChris in the shop to drop his tcase but I guess it will depend on who's here first. Chris (11jeeper) also should be in the shop so we can change the control arms and tweak his castor which is nice to do on a level floor.

#36 ·
Well we had another great day today at the Hacienda. Lots of jeeps to work on and lots of friends to hang out with as well as a birthday girl and birthday boy to celebrate with! Lyle, the kegerator was awesome, think that made the whole day bro, Thanks:) Thanks to everyone for all the food and thank you James for cooking things up. It's always such a feast when we have these parties. Yahoo! I'm sorry everyone didn't leave with a party gift but I thought they were funny, oh well. Guess we have lots of disposable stocking stuffers for Megs nieces and nephews for xmas. haha

The big success of the day was getting Chris' transfer case swapped out. It went pretty smoothly and seems to work just fine. We have to get it on the trail soon to try it out and see how the new lower crawling gear works for him. Still have more stuff to do on some of the jeeps so we'll have to do this again sometime in the near future.

Gary, really hope you can make Ajax. Was good to see you.

Again everyone, thanks for coming and look forward to our next gathering. You guys really are great!!

#37 ·
A huge thank you to Murray for letting us use his space, tools, and helping me with those stubborn bolts. Thank you to Adam and Jim also for jumping under the Jeep and helping me out too. I really appreciate everyone that helped with the t-case swap and gave me advice. You guys were a great help. I can't wait to get it out in the rocks and give it a true test. Thank you again guys. :thankyou:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.