Thinking about making the move!! NJ to AZ..any hints, tips of info?? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 01-11-2013, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Thinking about making the move!! NJ to AZ..any hints, tips of info??

Been in NJ for 38 years, with small stints out of state for one reason or another. Looking for a change. Been to Scottsdale on a quick trip a bunch of years ago..but it was great. Hope it hasn't changed too much..

Looking at the PHX/Scottsdale area. Looking for Good & Bad areas, if there are any. Seems like there is wheeling in almost any direction once you are outside of town. What can we expect to get in the $300K range?

Lastly, will you AZ'ers let a bum from NJ come in and join the party?

thanks in advance, Christian

a.k.a. Christian - 2011 Black Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon
37" MTRK, RK 3.5 X-Factor (3-Link Rear) and other stuff..
Owner/Manager -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and other Web Properties

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 01-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

1. Do Arizonians get a discount?

2. Do you wheel like a soccer mom?

3. Do you hang out at truck stops late at night? Chris might be upset with a challenge to his territory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 15 Old 01-11-2013, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
1. Do Arizonians get a discount?

2. Do you wheel like a soccer mom?

3. Do you hang out at truck stops late at night? Chris might be upset with a challenge to his territory.
1 - I'd have to figure out ow AZ Sales Tax works..but of course..ask me nicely, and you can get a discount now, alll the way from NJ..

2 - I'd like to think not, but I've never been on a run w Eddie, so I can't compare my skills in the desert rocks..

3 - Is that who that was when I stuck it through the hole??

Owner/Manager -
and other Web Properties

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 01-11-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artayay View Post
1 - I'd have to figure out ow AZ Sales Tax works..but of course..ask me nicely, and you can get a discount now, alll the way from NJ..

2 - I'd like to think not, but I've never been on a run w Eddie, so I can't compare my skills in the desert rocks..

3 - Is that who that was when I stuck it through the hole??
1. Too bad I don't need any parts right now. (I can't believe I just typed that)

2. If you are referencing gay for life (eddie) that might get you a preban from AZ

Quote:
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #5 of 15 Old 01-11-2013, 02:49 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

You motherfuckers! I take my Daughter to lunch and come back to this.

1.) Jim lives in Tucson and he could be a shoe in for a twin to bsacks cuz, unless you are into that kind of thing, don't move there. Scottsdale, Cave Creek and Paradise Valley on the northeast end are nice. Goodyear is a good place. Chandler and Gilbert are good too. Ask Greg about the places he saw, he has some insight already.

2.) Jim wishes he could wheel as well as Eddie. Don't worry about wheeling skill, you'll be in heaven and learn quickly what works and what doesn't on these trails.

3.) I think you may have to explain to us when you were in AZ at a truck stop using a glory hole. Must have been around the same time Greg was here visiting I gather. You guys didn't have to fly across country to do that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.

Last edited by JKCTAZ; 01-11-2013 at 02:52 PM.
post #6 of 15 Old 01-11-2013, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Thanks guys. Gonna talk w Greg and keep posted here for info. I guess the other major question is a job.. what's the market like out there? Last ten years ive worked for a manufacturer. Mist recently as a product manager.. anyone hiring?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Owner/Manager -
and other Web Properties

post #7 of 15 Old 01-11-2013, 07:35 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Jobs still exist, but mostly in trades and specialized fields. The retail market here is struggling and there are a ton of open strip mall and commercial leases out there for the pickin right now. I haven't looked at the areas you have been versed in lately, not sure what is available in manufacturing. Definitely talk to Greg, he got a good feel for what places are good places to live coming from what you guys are used to. Keep us posted and if you need any help, let me know.

Quote:
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
post #8 of 15 Old 01-11-2013, 08:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by artayay View Post
Looking at the PHX/Scottsdale area.
Christian,

Been in Scottsdale for 2.5 years after moving out from the east coast. If you have any questions let me know and I will give you my best perspective. The family and I have enjoyed it out here.
post #9 of 15 Old 01-12-2013, 12:28 AM
Granite Guru

I was stationed in Tucson for 8 years and loved it! I would give anything to go back! If I had to choose between Scottsdale and Phoenix...I'd pick Scottsdale!

American by Birth! Southern by the Grace of God!
post #10 of 15 Old 01-12-2013, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Girl View Post
I was stationed in Tucson for 8 years and loved it! I would give anything to go back! If I had to choose between Scottsdale and Phoenix...I'd pick Scottsdale!
Must be all the nice people in Tucson. We welcome you with open arms.

Quote:
Quote:
post #11 of 15 Old 01-12-2013, 04:29 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
Must be all the nice people in Tucson. We welcome you with open arms.
Are you sure?? You've been a big meanie lately!

American by Birth! Southern by the Grace of God!
post #12 of 15 Old 01-12-2013, 08:21 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Yeah, Jim, why are you such a meaniehead!?!

Quote:
post #13 of 15 Old 01-12-2013, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

OK, so... sounds like 85254 on the north side gets a lot of positive reviews. Now, please don't think we are some location snobs, we're just looking to get an idea of how the area lays out..
Also looks like Gilbert, souteast of 'town' is somewhat less expensive..is it just because it's a little farther away?

Quick Monster search is a little concerning as far as jobs, but we'll see. So, thanks again for the info so far..

Owner/Manager -
and other Web Properties

post #14 of 15 Old 01-12-2013, 09:39 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Gilbert has access to a major state route, however, it is pretty far from central phoenix AND the 60 has terrible traffic, even by NJ standards. Keep your eyes peeled on local classifieds and CL too for jobs.

Quote:
post #15 of 15 Old 01-15-2013, 01:36 PM
Rock God

Having moved from Jersey via Mass to az 30 years ago thought I'd pop in to say I don't regret it and that phnx traffic sucks balls, must be all the jersey drivers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode