I'll be visiting Phoenix area Feb 2 to 24ish, any "Jeep" events or must sees? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 01-09-2013, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I'll be visiting Phoenix area Feb 2 to 24ish, any "Jeep" events or must sees?

Hello all.

I am travelling to the Phoenix area and will be there roughly February 2nd to the 24th.

I was wondering if there are any Jeep related events, or places y'all might suggest for a Jeep nut to see/do while out there?

Any off road shops that have impressive displays, offroading, anything?

I will not have my Jeep with me, unfortunately. I'd love to have it to drive in Arizona, but it's about 3 days each way to get there and back.

I am on my 4th Jeep now, having just upgraded to a 2012. My new rig...

[IMG][/IMG]

'12JK-U Rubi /Dynatrac ProRock 44 / 4:88's / 2.5 Old Man Emu Susp Lift /F&R JKS Trac Bars /OME Long Travel Shocks /BilstienSS /TereFlex Control Arms /Coast1310 /Eng Oil, Evap, Rear Diff Plates, LoD Rock Sliders /Duratracs - 35's /BlackRock Wheels /Zenon Wheel Flares /DetachFlaps /LoD Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier /K&N/Engo10,000S Winch/FloorLiners /Uniden 510

Last edited by JeepBobWinnipeg; 01-09-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 01-10-2013, 04:28 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Come down to Tucson on the 10th for a Meet and Greet / wrenching party. Also sometime in February we are going to go to Florence, even without a jeep I am sure you could drive down and grab a seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 24 Old 01-10-2013, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
Come down to Tucson on the 10th for a Meet and Greet / wrenching party. Also sometime in February we are going to go to Florence, even without a jeep I am sure you could drive down and grab a seat.
Cool, thanks! Is Florence an off-roading trip?

'12JK-U Rubi /Dynatrac ProRock 44 / 4:88's / 2.5 Old Man Emu Susp Lift /F&R JKS Trac Bars /OME Long Travel Shocks /BilstienSS /TereFlex Control Arms /Coast1310 /Eng Oil, Evap, Rear Diff Plates, LoD Rock Sliders /Duratracs - 35's /BlackRock Wheels /Zenon Wheel Flares /DetachFlaps /LoD Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier /K&N/Engo10,000S Winch/FloorLiners /Uniden 510

Last edited by JeepBobWinnipeg; 01-10-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 01-11-2013, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepBobWinnipeg View Post
Cool, thanks! Is Florence an off-roading trip?
Yes, you can drive your car to one of the parking areas and we could pick you up from there.

Look at Upper Ajax, Hackberry Creek trails. We wanted to run those last trip but shit happened. Probably looking at the 16th and 17th.

You will have to leave your canuck flag in the car though.

Quote:
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.

Last edited by Uncle Sams Misguided Child; 01-11-2013 at 06:14 AM.
post #5 of 24 Old 01-11-2013, 07:33 AM

I will post up a thread in here when we iron out some of the details with the local crew.

Quote:
Quote:
post #6 of 24 Old 01-11-2013, 08:18 AM
JKO Addict!

Jeep looks great. I'm sure it could handle the 3 day trip down here and the 3 day trip back...and to have some Arizona trails under it's belt would be awesome. Plus if you drove you could hang your flag anywhere you wanted. haha

Originally Posted by van7559
I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
post #7 of 24 Old 01-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Hello all.

I am travelling to the Phoenix area and will be there roughly February 2nd to the 24th.

I was wondering if there are any Jeep related events, or places y'all might suggest for a Jeep nut to see/do while out there?

Any off road shops that have impressive displays, offroading, anything?

I will not have my Jeep with me, unfortunately. I'd love to have it to drive in Arizona, but it's about 3 days each way to get there and back.

I am on my 4th Jeep now, having just upgraded to a 2012. My new rig...

[IMG][/IMG]
Hey..sweet looking rig. I may be planning a trip out there too..looking at the area to move to.. Gonna hit up my Jersey Crew guys for info, but I know that there are a couple Northeast transplants out this way.. /hijack..

a.k.a. Christian - 2011 Black Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon
37" MTRK, RK 3.5 X-Factor (3-Link Rear) and other stuff..
Owner/Manager -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and other Web Properties

post #8 of 24 Old 01-11-2013, 01:53 PM

We will let you come visit but we have enough east coasters here now.

Quote:
Quote:
post #9 of 24 Old 01-11-2013, 02:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
We will let you come visit but we have enough east coasters here now.
Hey, you said I was welcome! lol

Greg
post #10 of 24 Old 01-11-2013, 02:38 PM
JKowners Vendor

Come up to Sedona and rent a Jeep to go wheeling!

Or you can try a different color--we won't tell your Jeep at home...
Attached Images

Nena Barlow

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

post #11 of 24 Old 01-12-2013, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I would be very happy to visit and tag along on a run to see some Arizona back country.

I have been to AZ before, and the whole time, I kept looking at the terrain and thinking about wheelin'.

I will have access to a car to drive out and meet y'all, no problem. I'll stay tuned here for updated info.

post #12 of 24 Old 01-12-2013, 05:37 PM

You could rent a jeep with full coverage insurance. LOL

Planning on the 16th to run lower and upper ajax. Some of us are going to camp out then hit up hackberry creek on the 17th.

Which would you like to attend so I can get you to the best parking spot?

Quote:
Quote:
post #13 of 24 Old 01-12-2013, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
You could rent a jeep with full coverage insurance. LOL

Planning on the 16th to run lower and upper ajax. Some of us are going to camp out then hit up hackberry creek on the 17th.

Which would you like to attend so I can get you to the best parking spot?
I would be interested in a day trip, but won't be equipped for a camp out.

post #14 of 24 Old 01-13-2013, 04:20 AM

Quote:
I would be interested in a day trip, but won't be equipped for a camp out.
So which day you wanna go then?

I have done Ajax before but not Hackberry. I would chose the 16th just in case something happened and we can't make the 17th. But up to you.

Quote:
Quote:
post #15 of 24 Old 01-13-2013, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I'm open for any of those dates. Just let me know when and where to meet, I'll be there!

post #16 of 24 Old 01-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Wheeler

post #17 of 24 Old 01-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

We are hosting a run to Desoto Mine Feb 3rd I am sure we have a open seat. There's also a phoenix M&G on the 2nd.

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #18 of 24 Old 01-15-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:
I'm open for any of those dates. Just let me know when and where to meet, I'll be there!
I wil post up time and place next week for ya. Hopefully with a map. Or we coild get some Phoenix guys to come hang out with us.

Quote:
Quote:
post #19 of 24 Old 01-22-2013, 06:55 AM

Ok here are the gps coordinates to the parking lot that we will be going in at. I expect us to be there between 9:30 and 10:00 am.

33.178799, -111.351655

Take Highway 60 out of Phoenix and head east. Once you past the 101 freeway it is about 36 miles to get to highway 79. Head south on highway 79 towards Florence. About 5 miles on the left side of the road there will be a parking area with a flag pole sticking up (there may or may not be a flag up).

Here is a pic of the entrance to the parking area.
Attached Images

Quote:
Quote:
post #20 of 24 Old 01-28-2013, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

USMC, I will be there on the 16th.

jdemonto, please provide meet up time and place for Feb3 to Desoto Mine, if a shotty seat would be available.

Sorry, I would not be able to get to the M&G on the 2nd.

post #21 of 24 Old 02-03-2013, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I met up with Jason (Trail Concepts/AirParkJeep) and a group going to Desoto Mine today. It was great to get out into some backcountry and run some trails.

Thanks to Rod and Kuna for sharing a seat in their Jeep.

Thanks to Jason for the invite and hosting the lunch.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater

Last edited by JeepBobWinnipeg; 02-03-2013 at 07:50 PM.
post #22 of 24 Old 02-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Granite Guru

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Toro34
I'll be visiting Phoenix area Feb 2 to 24ish, any "Jeep" events or must sees?

Dunno of anyone mentioned it, but we're having a semi large, probably all day longed party on the 10th in Tucson

I just want two things... Tapatalk back, and a diesel Wrangler
post #23 of 24 Old 02-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
I met up with Jason (Trail Concepts/AirParkJeep) and a group going to Desoto Mine today. It was great to get out into some backcountry and run some trails.

Thanks to Rod and Kuna for sharing a seat in their Jeep.

Thanks to Jason for the invite and hosting the lunch.

Your Welcome! Your links don't work!

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #24 of 24 Old 02-17-2013, 08:44 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
USMC, I will be there on the 16th.
Well you screwed the pooch by not being there on the 16th. Too bad, you missed a great run on lower and upper Ajax. Hope you had fun elsewere bro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode