Tortalitas exploration 2.0 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 89 Old 01-07-2013, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Tortalitas exploration 2.0

Ok found another trail that I want to go check out in the Tortalitas. Gonna be on the 26th of January. Meet time and place will be determined by the 23rd of January.

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showt...ro-Pen-5-30-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 89 Old 01-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Granite Guru

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
Ok found another trail that I want to go check out in the Tortalitas. Gonna be on the 26th of January. Meet time and place will be determined by the 23rd of January.

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showt...ro-Pen-5-30-10
So are you going to wheel this trail or take by passes? I'm in if we are hitting those obstacles in the pics! if not I would rather stay home. you noticed I said we...

08 Wrangler Rubicon
RE 4.5 LA
37' Coopers
Bulldog Stubby Front bumper
Superior 5:13's
Riddler diff covers
Rigid LED lights
AEV Snorkel
9.5 SuperWinch W/ synthetic line
Superchip
Everything else is just fucked up!
post #3 of 89 Old 01-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Rock God

Garage

Wow, looks cool.

I'd like to go but it looks like it might be a bit much me.

If you are going through hell, keep going.

- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 89 Old 01-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
Wow, looks cool.

I'd like to go but it looks like it might be a bit much me.
Don't be silly.., your fine. You have rails and lockers right? Just run doorless and take your time. it will be fun!

08 Wrangler Rubicon
RE 4.5 LA
37' Coopers
Riddler diff covers
Rigid LED lights
AEV Snorkel
Superchip
post #5 of 89 Old 01-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Granite Guru

DAMN, I am so in... but alas I will be in Yuma at the proving grounds for work from 21 Jan to 9 feb. I will be working 7 days a week 18 hour days while there.

MY CARSSupercharged, armored, and lifted White 2010 TRD SPORT DCSB 6spd 4x4, Silver 2004 Rubicon Unlimited lifted locked on 35" Toyo's, Red 67 Pontiac Firebird 400 convertible

MY TOYSRed 2002 Ducati 998s, Grey 2009 MV Agusta 312RR (WRECKED)Black 2005 999s (SOLD), 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100s (SOLD), 2005 Yamaha WR450, 2007 Yamaha Raptor 700R
post #6 of 89 Old 01-07-2013, 11:45 PM
Granite Guru

There's another great reason why I need to re-gear and get lockers.
post #7 of 89 Old 01-07-2013, 11:53 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

This is off topic and I apologize but every time I've seen this thread I read "Tortilla Explosion". Then I have this majestic vision of an undiscovered southwestern dish. LOL

You guys have fun! I'll be over here being jealous of your adventure!

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 89 Old 01-08-2013, 04:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWraith View Post
So are you going to wheel this trail or take by passes? I'm in if we are hitting those obstacles in the pics! if not I would rather stay home. you noticed I said we...

This is an exploration trip. I don't even know where this is at. Like the last trip it could turn out to be nothing but a dirt road if we don't find this exact spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
This is off topic and I apologize but every time I've seen this thread I read "Tortilla Explosion". Then I have this majestic vision of an undiscovered southwestern dish. LOL

You guys have fun! I'll be over here being jealous of your adventure!

Marcus
The tortilla explosion is what you do in a home depot bathroom.

Quote:
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #9 of 89 Old 01-08-2013, 04:50 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
This is an exploration trip. I don't even know where this is at. Like the last trip it could turn out to be nothing but a dirt road if we don't find this exact spot.

The tortilla explosion is what you do in a home depot bathroom.
Have an Idea lets ask VJC...someone most likly has the coordinate's for that run.

08 Wrangler Rubicon
RE 4.5 LA
37' Coopers
Riddler diff covers
Rigid LED lights
AEV Snorkel
Superchip
post #10 of 89 Old 01-08-2013, 04:51 AM
Granite Guru

Rotortom..thats the guides name we should look him up!

08 Wrangler Rubicon
RE 4.5 LA
37' Coopers
Riddler diff covers
Rigid LED lights
AEV Snorkel
Superchip
post #11 of 89 Old 01-08-2013, 05:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Have an Idea lets ask VJC...someone most likly has the coordinate's for that run.
Unless you have been a registered member of VJC for awhile most likely they are not going to give out coordinates to trails.

Quote:
Quote:
post #12 of 89 Old 01-08-2013, 05:20 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Don't be silly.., your fine. You have rails and lockers right? Just run doorless and take your time. it will be fun!
Rails: Yes, Lockers: No

I do my best but sometines my sport has a hard time keeping up with the Rubicons.

If you are going through hell, keep going.

- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
post #13 of 89 Old 01-08-2013, 07:25 AM
Rock God

Quote:
I believe "Tortalitas" is a small sandwich. The Tortolitas on the other hand are nw of tucson, and yes appear to be an uindiscovered dish of humble pie for those of us without lockers or good maps. Being a azvjc member I may be able to get coordinates via pm and will see what i can do......
post #14 of 89 Old 01-08-2013, 10:56 AM
JKO Addict!

No idea if jeep will be back from various repair work or not by then. The third obstacle looks pretty bad for us wide ass JK's. Just like the Ajax squeeze where Chas got into his fender after I backed out. I know James can make it cause body damage doesn't matter but I'm not thrilled about ripping fenders off or getting into the body. There isn't a bypass for that obstacle according to the other forum. Jim, you taking it all the way through?

Originally Posted by van7559
I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
post #15 of 89 Old 01-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Mechanic

^ that third obstacle doesnt look fun at all. however - that thread is from 2010 - wonder how much has changed since then. think about how much charouleau gap has changed in the past few yrs, albeit with a lot more traffic.

Jon R.
Owner, Bullpen Garage
18 E Ventura St
Tucson, AZ 85705
520-396-3001
post #16 of 89 Old 01-08-2013, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M's View Post
No idea if jeep will be back from various repair work or not by then. The third obstacle looks pretty bad for us wide ass JK's. Just like the Ajax squeeze where Chas got into his fender after I backed out. I know James can make it cause body damage doesn't matter but I'm not thrilled about ripping fenders off or getting into the body. There isn't a bypass for that obstacle according to the other forum. Jim, you taking it all the way through?

You mean upper woodpecker? We would have done ajax but well you know.

Like I have said before I don't know where this is at. It will be good to get out and explore and see what is on the west side since the south side petered out.

Quote:
Quote:
post #17 of 89 Old 01-08-2013, 01:15 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
You mean upper woodpecker? We would have done ajax but well you know.

Like I have said before I don't know where this is at. It will be good to get out and explore and see what is on the west side since the south side petered out.
That's what I said; upper woodpecker.

I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
post #18 of 89 Old 01-08-2013, 01:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008fx4 View Post
^ that third obstacle doesnt look fun at all. however - that thread is from 2010 - wonder how much has changed since then. think about how much charouleau gap has changed in the past few yrs, albeit with a lot more traffic.
Some obstacles are pretty steady and that third one will probably remain the same until someone blasts the rocks apart (don't give anyone ideas though as the forest service seems to think blasting trails is a good thing).

As Jim pointed out, on upper woodpecker, there's an obstacle almost exactly the same but without the overcropping that hangs over the jeep. With our wider JK's it may not be possible without major body damage. Guess it remains to be seen though.

We will get your Nemesis stuff right no matter what it takes Jon. Hopefully from there we can help Rob get some of the details figured out a little better so that future installs don't have to be so complicated.

post #19 of 89 Old 01-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Mechanic

Quote:
Some obstacles are pretty steady and that third one will probably remain the same until someone blasts the rocks apart (don't give anyone ideas though as the forest service seems to think blasting trails is a good thing).

As Jim pointed out, on upper woodpecker, there's an obstacle almost exactly the same but without the overcropping that hangs over the jeep. With our wider JK's it may not be possible without major body damage. Guess it remains to be seen though.

We will get your Nemesis stuff right no matter what it takes Jon. Hopefully from there we can help Rob get some of the details figured out a little better so that future installs don't have to be so complicated.
sent you an email regarding the nemesis stuff. as far as blasting goes.........

blow that shit up and drive over it.

Jon R.
Owner, Bullpen Garage
18 E Ventura St
Tucson, AZ 85705
520-396-3001
post #20 of 89 Old 01-10-2013, 04:01 PM
Rock God

No coords but this is the pm reply i got off of the azvjc op...

Quote:
I appreciate you sending PM's for coordinates, but unfortunately I can't help you with them. At the time I didn't have my GPS with me so I wasn't able to track the trail. I'm also not 100% sure if the trail is even open anymore. I know it has been years since we ran it and I'm not even sure if anyone has since. Also, I usually don't comment on things like this but I saw a couple people mention it in the thread you linked me to. As some people were commenting on, the third obstacle is mandatory and is guaranteed to get body damage. If everyone is comfortable with that going it I wouldn't see a problem, but it was not a trail for the faint of heart or those who have an attachment to how their Jeep looks.
have fun james.......
post #21 of 89 Old 01-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008fx4 View Post
sent you an email regarding the nemesis stuff. as far as blasting goes.........

blow that shit up and drive over it.
Who needs something blown up??? I have the knowledge, skill set, and willingness to blow things up!!!

Quote:

Quote:
EH, body damage, no problem... Who needs fenders anyways. Mine will come off shortly, either with a rock or a wrench, doesnt matter!!!

MY CARSSupercharged, armored, and lifted White 2010 TRD SPORT DCSB 6spd 4x4, Silver 2004 Rubicon Unlimited lifted locked on 35" Toyo's, Red 67 Pontiac Firebird 400 convertible

MY TOYSRed 2002 Ducati 998s, Grey 2009 MV Agusta 312RR (WRECKED)Black 2005 999s (SOLD), 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100s (SOLD), 2005 Yamaha WR450, 2007 Yamaha Raptor 700R

Last edited by extremachn1; 01-10-2013 at 07:01 PM.
post #22 of 89 Old 01-15-2013, 02:48 PM
Probably Stuck on my Diff

I get regeared Sat the 19th, so if I can also get the front locker compressor installed too, I'm in.. hope its okay running this trail as a test.. I doubt I will be able to stretch it out before then.

More Cowbell
post #23 of 89 Old 01-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Probably Stuck on my Diff

Is this still happening or what?

More Cowbell
post #24 of 89 Old 01-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Granite Guru

Or What? .... I'm still planning on going , just need to reschedule a Sat. Appointment.

08 Wrangler Rubicon
RE 4.5 LA
37' Coopers
Riddler diff covers
Rigid LED lights
AEV Snorkel
Superchip
post #25 of 89 Old 01-22-2013, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

I have not heard from the guy on VJC. I still plan on going.

Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode