Bull Spring and FS4100 road trip - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 Old 12-02-2012, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Bull Spring and FS4100 road trip

Here is a new run. Well sort of new.
What: We will be traveling the Bull Springs road and FS4100 road out of Patagonia.
When: Thats what we will figure out soon I hope.
Where: Start either Cow Palace, or in Patagonia somewhere.
Why: Cuz half the road hasn't been seen by you yet.
Who: Whom ever would like to go on a non technical road. Like the rug road but shorter and prettty much no danger of breaking something.
Planned time on trip 5hrs. More or less Not including drive time to meet up point.

Ok so thats it, easy trip. There are some obsticles. Mainy high ones. Like tree limbs. So those with shit higher than the cab might need help (Greg) thats you. But really I had about 4" clearance to this big ass limb. I'll probably bring a chain saw just in case..

So, who is interested and give me some dates.
XBASX this is your chance to show Bull Springs who is the boss.. So I'm thinking of this trip with you in mind along with others sort of begginers who want to see some new things. And with enough guts to venture South of Tucson. Mind you we will still be 20 miles North of the border!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Randyd; 12-02-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 Old 12-02-2012, 04:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Okay cool. This would be fun. We need to get Jaz down in 4low and kick Bull Springs ass. She has been getting the Fridge out more and more and she's doing really well. Only thing I can think of is that we need to make sure it's a daylight run so we can get her home before dark. She can chime in on this to clarify or to suggest times that work best for her.

I really don't mean to make an issue of airing down, but there are certain others that should be made aware of the fact that it can be done without harming their tires or their jeeps at all and doing so would actually make the trip not feel like a banzai run for them and would also be much easier on their rigs.

Normally I'm pretty easy going about this stuff but I don't want to see a group split in two getting lost again cause we can't stay together. I for one will just pull up with the guys in front if it comes down to that but I don't like the idea of doing so because its bad etiquette.
post #3 of 52 Old 12-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M's View Post
Okay cool. This would be fun. We need to get Jaz down in 4low and kick Bull Springs ass. She has been getting the Fridge out more and more and she's doing really well. Only thing I can think of is that we need to make sure it's a daylight run so we can get her home before dark. She can chime in on this to clarify or to suggest times that work best for her.

I really don't mean to make an issue of airing down, but there are certain others that should be made aware of the fact that it can be done without harming their tires or their jeeps at all and doing so would actually make the trip not feel like a banzai run for them and would also be much easier on their rigs.

Normally I'm pretty easy going about this stuff but I don't want to see a group split in two getting lost again cause we can't stay together. I for one will just pull up with the guys in front if it comes down to that but I don't like the idea of doing so because its bad etiquette.

what did i miss???

Jon R.
Owner, Bullpen Garage
18 E Ventura St
Tucson, AZ 85705
520-396-3001
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 52 Old 12-02-2012, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008fx4 View Post
what did i miss???
I think hes raging just a little on everyone!
Murray, have you been hitting the geritol to hard again???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Randyd; 12-02-2012 at 07:10 PM.
post #5 of 52 Old 12-02-2012, 07:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008fx4 View Post
what did i miss???
Nothing monumental. Just wanting to get some support on how to help others who can't help themselves. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyd View Post
I think hes raging just a little on everyone!
Murray, have you been hitting the geritol to hard again???
Not everyone, just a few in particular. haha

No worries Randy, I know you can help to bridge any gaps we may have. And no I haven't been hitting the geritol tonight and I was hoping not to have to hit it on this run either
post #6 of 52 Old 12-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Granite Guru

Depending on when it actually happens Ill do what i can to go. Just so that I understand, you can take air out of your tires and that doesn't hurt your wheels? This could possibly change everything.
post #7 of 52 Old 12-02-2012, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Need to get Jaz to chime in on when she is available I guess.. Along with any others..

post #8 of 52 Old 12-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Granite Guru

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Toro34

I would like to make this run depending on date. Hopefully I get ny 2 gallon mounted this week and we can try to run air tools. Maybe a ccutoff wheel since I dont own a cchainsaw
post #9 of 52 Old 12-02-2012, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Hay, with all that, we could hold a mod party out in the middle of no where!!!!

post #10 of 52 Old 12-02-2012, 10:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro34 View Post
I would like to make this run depending on date. Hopefully I get ny 2 gallon mounted this week and we can try to run air tools. Maybe a ccutoff wheel since I dont own a cchainsaw
Don't forget to bring a gas can with about 1qt of gas in case you use all 1/4 tank of gas you already have in the main tank
post #11 of 52 Old 12-03-2012, 06:59 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Hey sorry. I've kinda been recovering form Saturday. (And I went out again with a couple fjs Sunday). So, I got to go UP 3 feathers that time. Lol.
So, bull springs road is fun. When I went, I didn't air down, but I'm sure some of those spots where I thought they were baby shit, I might have been able to make if I had aired down. After this week I am free of school for 4 weeks As long as we go early and are out of the trail before dark, I won't projectile vomit my guts out.
I don't see a date posted on here. This upcoming weekend we have the t4t thing going on and I promised my best friend that I would go to the street fair with her on Sunday. I can go the weekend after or anytime during the week. Anytime in the am.

'13 Commando Green Unlimited Rubi
post #12 of 52 Old 12-03-2012, 07:06 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Hay, with all that, we could hold a mod party out in the middle of no where!!!!
Been there, done that.
post #13 of 52 Old 12-03-2012, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBASX View Post
Hey sorry. I've kinda been recovering form Saturday. (And I went out again with a couple fjs Sunday). So, I got to go UP 3 feathers that time. Lol.
So, bull springs road is fun. When I went, I didn't air down, but I'm sure some of those spots where I thought they were baby shit, I might have been able to make if I had aired down. After this week I am free of school for 4 weeks As long as we go early and are out of the trail before dark, I won't projectile vomit my guts out.
I don't see a date posted on here. This upcoming weekend we have the t4t thing going on and I promised my best friend that I would go to the street fair with her on Sunday. I can go the weekend after or anytime during the week. Anytime in the am.
Cool, glad you have time open. I'll work on dates in the next few days. I know there is a Florencce run planned, I have to find that date.. Was hoping to make it before the hollidays.. And yes it will be in the AM you'll be out way before dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Been there, done that.
But did you have air tools?????? You interested in the FS4100 road at all Catfish? If you little stickey up parts on your rack fold down or come off there won't be an issue. You could leave them on or up till we get to the tree in question..

post #14 of 52 Old 12-03-2012, 07:52 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBASX View Post
You know we are patient and tolerant of a lot of things but the more you hang out with Hummers and FJ's the more we may decide to eat you first if we are ever stranded out in the wilderness even if for a short while.

Also want to get the Fridge in for an inspection of bolts to make sure everything is torqued to specs.
post #15 of 52 Old 12-03-2012, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
You know we are patient and tolerant of a lot of things but the more you hang out with Hummers and FJ's the more we may decide to eat you first if we are ever stranded out in the wilderness even if for a short while.

Also want to get the Fridge in for an inspection of bolts to make sure everything is torqued to specs.

She's hanging with Hummers and FJ's....

post #16 of 52 Old 12-03-2012, 08:17 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Cool, glad you have time open. I'll work on dates in the next few days. I know there is a Florencce run planned, I have to find that date.. Was hoping to make it before the hollidays.
Check with Jim. I know we have the following events planned;

December 8; Toy's for Tot's
December 15; Charlou Gap

Beyond that I don't remember what we are doing on what dates. I know we were planning a Florence run in there sometime doing Elvis, Upper Ajax and then over to Hackberry Creek. Think that all has to be an overnighter though unless we want a super, super long day. I've done Jackhandle, Lower Ajax and Hackberry in one day but it was at least 14 hours. Too much really. Anyway, let's get Jim to repost everything and go from there.
post #17 of 52 Old 12-03-2012, 08:18 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Rumor has it...
post #18 of 52 Old 12-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Lol. I don't discriminate... It's the people driving them that matter to me . It's like my crotch rocket buddies giving me shit about hanging out with Harley guys. Wanna see something really unorthodox?
Here's a couple pics . Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354559793.875563.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  112.4 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354559826.024071.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  125.9 KB

post #19 of 52 Old 12-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:

Ill be free after Thursday
Last day of classes woohoo!!!

post #20 of 52 Old 12-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Rock God

Quote:
You interested in the FS4100 road at all Catfish?
yes date dependent, I would take off the whole rack. also if I air down that lowers the drag coefficient right?
post #21 of 52 Old 12-03-2012, 11:45 AM
JKowners Vendor

I'm sure I will still find something to get hung up on!!!
post #22 of 52 Old 12-03-2012, 12:49 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigworm36 View Post
or an excuse not to go
post #23 of 52 Old 12-03-2012, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigworm36 View Post
Na, thats Murrays job! Or is there more to this story?

post #24 of 52 Old 12-03-2012, 04:49 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Na, thats Murrays job! Or is there more to this story?
Well as much as I love to get hung up, Josh likes it just a little more. I think he looks forward to it so he's always tryin to find something that will high center him or twist him up enough to get stuck especially now that he has a winch to pull himself out.
post #25 of 52 Old 12-03-2012, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Well as much as I love to get hung up, Josh likes it just a little more. I think he looks forward to it so he's always tryin to find something that will high center him or twist him up enough to get stuck especially now that he has a winch to pull himself out.
Well, maybe he likes the attention. I know you always like people watching you on the bullshit rocks. Take him up Manfield in Patagonia, you two can have a contest!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode