JKOwners Forum banner

Bull Spring and FS4100 road trip

4K views 51 replies 11 participants last post by  M&M's 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is a new run. Well sort of new.
What: We will be traveling the Bull Springs road and FS4100 road out of Patagonia.
When: Thats what we will figure out soon I hope.
Where: Start either Cow Palace, or in Patagonia somewhere.
Why: Cuz half the road hasn't been seen by you yet.
Who: Whom ever would like to go on a non technical road. Like the rug road but shorter and prettty much no danger of breaking something.
Planned time on trip 5hrs. More or less Not including drive time to meet up point.

Ok so thats it, easy trip. There are some obsticles. Mainy high ones. Like tree limbs. So those with shit higher than the cab might need help (Greg) thats you. But really I had about 4" clearance to this big ass limb. I'll probably bring a chain saw just in case..

So, who is interested and give me some dates.
XBASX this is your chance to show Bull Springs who is the boss.. So I'm thinking of this trip with you in mind along with others sort of begginers who want to see some new things. And with enough guts to venture South of Tucson. Mind you we will still be 20 miles North of the border!!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Okay cool. This would be fun. We need to get Jaz down in 4low and kick Bull Springs ass. She has been getting the Fridge out more and more and she's doing really well. Only thing I can think of is that we need to make sure it's a daylight run so we can get her home before dark. She can chime in on this to clarify or to suggest times that work best for her.

I really don't mean to make an issue of airing down, but there are certain others that should be made aware of the fact that it can be done without harming their tires or their jeeps at all and doing so would actually make the trip not feel like a banzai run for them and would also be much easier on their rigs.

Normally I'm pretty easy going about this stuff but I don't want to see a group split in two getting lost again cause we can't stay together. I for one will just pull up with the guys in front if it comes down to that but I don't like the idea of doing so because its bad etiquette.

#6 ·
Depending on when it actually happens Ill do what i can to go. Just so that I understand, you can take air out of your tires and that doesn't hurt your wheels? This could possibly change everything.:thefinger:

#11 ·
Hey sorry. I've kinda been recovering form Saturday. (And I went out again with a couple fjs Sunday). So, I got to go UP 3 feathers that time. Lol.
So, bull springs road is fun. When I went, I didn't air down, but I'm sure some of those spots where I thought they were baby shit, I might have been able to make if I had aired down. After this week I am free of school for 4 weeks :) As long as we go early and are out of the trail before dark, I won't projectile vomit my guts out.
I don't see a date posted on here. This upcoming weekend we have the t4t thing going on and I promised my best friend that I would go to the street fair with her on Sunday. I can go the weekend after or anytime during the week. Anytime in the am.

#13 ·
Cool, glad you have time open. I'll work on dates in the next few days. I know there is a Florencce run planned, I have to find that date.. Was hoping to make it before the hollidays.. And yes it will be in the AM you'll be out way before dark.

Been there, done that.
But did you have air tools?????? You interested in the FS4100 road at all Catfish? If you little stickey up parts on your rack fold down or come off there won't be an issue. You could leave them on or up till we get to the tree in question..

#30 ·
So far it seems the 22nd is the date to go, but I'm waiting for more input.

Also looking for input on which way everyone would like to go. Meet at the Cow Palace in Amado or Meet at the High School in Patagonia.

Yes, it is a dirt road, a bumpy dirt road. If this is your first time in the dirt, no whinning is allowed. Well, maybe a little if you must....:bounce:

#32 ·
hahaha. yep. me too!
Thanks Again!:mr-t: and yes I am shopping tools, theres even a little high lift and base under my tree already.

If you ain't getting hung up then you ain't wheeling
ok so I am doing something right:eyemouth:

So for this trip, seems like these are the open dates
December 22, 29 or
January 1 or 5th....
I'll be in Dublin all but the 5th. I'll check our tickets and see if the 1st would work. But do what works for ya and I'll catch up next time.

#34 ·
I wont be able to go on the 22nd. We are going to see family for the holidays from 17 Dec to 4 Jan.

#36 ·
No this isn't the Tortalitas... Far from it.. With only XBASX and myself avaliable the 22nd. I think we might just wait a while. Maybe after the first of the year...... Of between Christmas and the first???? Lets see if anyone else want to go..
The Tortalitas is an exploratory trip to see if you can even get through...

#39 ·
Well since bull springs isn't happening too soon... I'll probably be setting something up for the 16th to do some ghost town exploration down south if I don't get to make c-gap. FJs will probably be present on this one. Lol... And maybe an h3. Just fair warning. But if that doesn't work out then i'll set it up for the 22nd or 23rd. Ill let you guys know the details as I figure them out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.