Friday night run or Saturday day run - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 Old 10-30-2012, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Friday night run or Saturday day run

Ok folks, guess we have to decide whether or not everyone wants to do a night run or a day run first, so post up and give me your preference.

If anyone has a trail they'd really like to do then let me know otherwise I'll either do Los Alamos for the night run (longer run) or Lower and Upper Mansfield for a day run (Patagonia).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 10-30-2012, 09:49 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Gotta work saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 33 Old 10-30-2012, 11:49 AM
Mechanic

fuck you guys - i'll be in vegas!!

Jon R.
Owner, Bullpen Garage
18 E Ventura St
Tucson, AZ 85705
520-396-3001
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 Old 10-30-2012, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008fx4 View Post
Shit, you gonna be havin fun too. Post up some pics for us of the cool shit!
post #5 of 33 Old 10-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008fx4 View Post
Your the one thats gonna be at the SEMA show!
post #6 of 33 Old 10-30-2012, 03:48 PM
Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkennedy View Post
Your the one thats gonna be at the SEMA show!
yessir

Jon R.
Owner, Bullpen Garage
18 E Ventura St
Tucson, AZ 85705
520-396-3001
post #7 of 33 Old 10-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Wheeler

I'm in for either or both.

Where are you guys thinking of going Friday night? And where you thinking of going Saturday?
post #8 of 33 Old 10-30-2012, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltic52 View Post
I'm in for either or both.

Where are you guys thinking of going Friday night? And where you thinking of going Saturday?
Well I'm thinking if we do a night run on Friday we could do Los Alamos and if we do a Saturday day run we could do Lower and Upper Mansfield in Patagonia. We won't do both I don't think. That's too much to cram in. I'm thinking one or the other. But of course I'm open to suggestions if anyone has some.

I've heard of some runs out east past Vail but can't find the links I originally saw them in damnit.
post #9 of 33 Old 10-31-2012, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Okay, so I may be up for two runs now but it's up to you guys (wanna blow some steam off after the truck incident today).

We can do Los Alamos Friday night but it would be good to meet at Tanque Verde Circle K somewhere between 5:00 & 6:00pm that way we could get an early start and finish at a reasonable hour.

Then Saturday we could meet at the Roadrunner Market at 8:00am to head out for Lower and Upper Mansfield.

Let me know what you'd like to do and we'll get it set in stone here shortly.
post #10 of 33 Old 11-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Rock God

Garage

I'll stay tuned to this channel and let you know if I can do Saturday.
Where's the Roadrunner Market BTW?

If you are going through hell, keep going.

- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
post #11 of 33 Old 11-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Rock God

lurking......and since I have a wholly undeserved rep for keeping track of details, aren't you talking about doing Alamo Springs trail near Chimney Rock at night? here I thought you guys were headed to NM again......
post #12 of 33 Old 11-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Rock God

Garage

Looks like I may be able to make it Saturday. My on-board air kit should arrive today and I may be able to get it installed by then. You said I should be okay without the axle mods so I can be gentle on them.

post #13 of 33 Old 11-01-2012, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
lurking......and since I have a wholly undeserved rep for keeping track of details, aren't you talking about doing Alamo Springs trail near Chimney Rock at night? here I thought you guys were headed to NM again......
Yep that be the one. Same one we did back at the end of winter when it was all foggy out, then snowing for couple hours then raining then sunshine. I may be calling it by wrong name but close enough. I've heard it called so many other things I can't keep it straight.

Regardless of what we call it, I think it would be a fun night run. Don't think too many will end up going so maybe we can all fit in the lower turnaround area but if more do come then we'll just stay up top till everyone comes back up the hill.
post #14 of 33 Old 11-01-2012, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
I'll stay tuned to this channel and let you know if I can do Saturday.
Where's the Roadrunner Market BTW?
Way south at the intersection of Houghton Rd. and Sahuarita Rd.

16121 South Houghton Rd.
post #15 of 33 Old 11-01-2012, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
Looks like I may be able to make it Saturday. My on-board air kit should arrive today and I may be able to get it installed by then. You said I should be okay without the axle mods so I can be gentle on them.
Yep, I've done it with totally stock axles no problem and so have many, many others. Any big obstacles have bypasses so it's pretty easy but can be challenging a little bit if you want to be adventurous.
post #16 of 33 Old 11-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Granite Guru

I can do Saturday
post #17 of 33 Old 11-01-2012, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKChris View Post
I can do Saturday
Cool, see ya then.
post #18 of 33 Old 11-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Wheeler

OK, dont forget I'm still a n00b to the forum and the group... so figure its best to ask now before I get out on the trail...

If I may, I have a couple of questions:

1) For the runs Friday and Saturday, what minimum equipment do I need to have to avoid damage? (I ask, as I have not been on any of the trails mentioned. And damage as in you need X or you will absolutely ..... (fill in the blank).
Here is the equipment I’ve got: Jeep - check, lift - 2.5" check, 35" tires - check, off-road lights – check, winch and recovery equipment – check, CB – check, leave ego at home - check, and be friendly and have a great time - double check!
2) Friday night run, if I'm not able to make it at the meeting place at the designated time, is it worth trying to catch up? As I usually don’t get off work until around 6-7ish on Friday nights
3) If airing down is needed is it possible to borrow someone’s air compressor? (Ive got a c02 bottle on my short wish list, but want to hear from you fine folks your thoughts of c02 vs compressor. But I'll save that question/discussion for another time.)

I ask the questions because I HATE not being prepared and being 'that guy' that jacked up a perfectly good time because they weren't properly prepared, or didn't ask for advice / assistance ahead of time.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome so far... and I look forward to the advice and suggestions.
post #19 of 33 Old 11-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Rock God

Garage

I have a question for the Saturday run:

My oldest Son is living with me with my grandson. I just found out the big guy is going out of town and the Mrs. said we would watch the little guy. The Wife wants to come but can't without the grandson.

I personally don't have a problem with him coming along (he's 6 going on 16 - lol) but I know folks like to let their hair down on the trail and things get a little "salty".

Do you think it would it put a damper on things if he came along?

post #20 of 33 Old 11-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
OK, dont forget I'm still a n00b to the forum and the group... so figure its best to ask now before I get out on the trail...

If I may, I have a couple of questions:

1) For the runs Friday and Saturday, what minimum equipment do I need to have to avoid damage? (I ask, as I have not been on any of the trails mentioned. And damage as in you need X or you will absolutely ..... (fill in the blank).
Here is the equipment I’ve got: Jeep - check, lift - 2.5" check, 35" tires - check, off-road lights – check, winch and recovery equipment – check, CB – check, leave ego at home - check, and be friendly and have a great time - double check!
2) Friday night run, if I'm not able to make it at the meeting place at the designated time, is it worth trying to catch up? As I usually don’t get off work until around 6-7ish on Friday nights
3) If airing down is needed is it possible to borrow someone’s air compressor? (Ive got a c02 bottle on my short wish list, but want to hear from you fine folks your thoughts of c02 vs compressor. But I'll save that question/discussion for another time.)

I ask the questions because I HATE not being prepared and being 'that guy' that jacked up a perfectly good time because they weren't properly prepared, or didn't ask for advice / assistance ahead of time.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome so far... and I look forward to the advice and suggestions.
Sounds like you are well equiped.

Several folks have air, and if I make it, you can use mine (I just put it on tonight)

post #21 of 33 Old 11-01-2012, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Keltic52: my phones not working too well so bear with...don't think it would be that easy to catch up with us friday night unless you knew exactly where we were.going and you were able to haul ass to catch up. If you got lost it wouldn't be any fun. We will probably leave circle k at 6:00-6:15pm. If you got off work at 7pm, thats too far behind.But let me know what time you could be at circle k. Thing is I don't want to be out too late with a run the next morning. Sure you understand.

Plan on going Saturday morning for sure then.

Your equipment sounds fine. Like I said, there are bypasses for anything difficult.
post #22 of 33 Old 11-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Wheeler

@:$:@/[email protected] - ok update from the fiancée and Saturday run is out now. Apparently the state needs us to actually register the jeep and get real plates, oh and apparently there is some political thing I need to attend for her work with kids. (@;$;@($- damnit to hell!!!

So gonna try like hell to make the Friday night run.

Anyone talking about a Sunday Funday run?!?!
post #23 of 33 Old 11-01-2012, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
@:$:@/[email protected] - ok update from the fiancée and Saturday run is out now. Apparently the state needs us to actually register the jeep and get real plates, oh and apparently there is some political thing I need to attend for her work with kids. (@;$;@($- damnit to hell!!!

So gonna try like hell to make the Friday night run.

Anyone talking about a Sunday Funday run?!?!
Well that sucks. Just get off early and be there for the Friday night run then.
post #24 of 33 Old 11-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Rock God

Keltic... I'm in the same boat. I don't get off work until 5 and wouldn't even be able to meet up until later. If you're interested and can't make it, I know my way around up there. We could start the trail backwards and meet everyone head on so we wouldn't have to haul ass. Bunch of old farts on here whom are obviously retired or some shit and can go wheelin in the middle of the day. But I guess they have to start early on these night runs because they're usually ready for bed by 8:30.

For whoever it was that was concerned about Mansfield canyon or axle damage or whatever. I did Mansfield with a 2.5 and 35's with no armor, other than rubi rails. And I would have done that trail on stock tires. Hell I still had the temp tags and fewer than 1000 miles. I ran my 07 with that same configuration for quite some time. I never had any axle beef until I burned on the cheap teraflex gussets, and that was right before I traded it in. I ran stock rubi tires for quite some time while I learned my around reddington. And Chuck(anyone heard from him lately) ran those 29" car tires on those trails and he even tagged along with us on charouleau gap.

Kids? I would have no problem taking children of any age with this group of people. A couple of us carry guns, but for the most part the homo-erectus stuff stays on the forum. (or after wheeling in the tent.) I have yet to see a real inflatable animal of any kind on the trail. But maybe that is why Lyle is installing on board air. Who knows...

MOST JK OWNERS HAVE A LOOSE, LEAKY, SMELLY, SAND FILLED MANGINA SO GO TO YOUR MANOCOLOGIST AND GET IT CLEANED OUT BEFORE I DO IT FOR YOU!!! (The hippie godfather)
post #25 of 33 Old 11-01-2012, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Okay, for this Friday nights run (that's tomorrow night folks. Friday, November 2nd) we will meet at Circle K on Tanque Verde at 5:45pm and plan on leaving at 6:15pm.

Hopefully we will have a decent turnout. We will be there and see what happens.

For Saturday's Patagonia run, plan on being at the Roadrunner Market at 16121 South Houghton Rd. (corner of Houghton Rd. & Sahuarita Rd.) at 8:00am. We will leave at 8:30am to head to Patagonia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode