18 August - Sedona area M&G and wheeling - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 140 Old 07-24-2012, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
18 August - Sedona area M&G and wheeling

Ok, so, my plans are set for Sedona. We're there from 15-20 August and I'm hoping to get out and see some easy-moderate trails. We (wife and 3 kids will be along, too) will be in the wifey's XK that's gonna be getting a RK 3.5" lift and 265/70-17's really soon. While it's still a little girl compared to my JK on 41" Rockers, I want to wheel it and push it just a little.

So, I'm hoping to get some guys (and gals and kids...) together to do some wheeling the on Saturday the 18th. After you guys show us to a trail or two and we're all tired we can get something to eat at a semi-nice establishment.

Anyone interested?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 140 Old 07-24-2012, 12:01 PM
Rock God

I'm in, I'm familiar with a couple trails up there so I can show you guys around. I'll probably be able to get another Jeep to tag along too. Then we can head to the brewery for lunch, pretty good food and beer there.

07 X - Flame Red - 6 Speed - 5.13s - 37x12.50 MTR/Ks - ProComp 7069s 17x9
RK 3.5" X-Factor LA - WTOR Hydro Assist - Rubicon Axles F&R - Trussed & HD Brackets
PSC Flares, OR-Fab Front Bumper, Genright Rear Bumper, Poly Sliders w/ PSC Armor
post #3 of 140 Old 07-24-2012, 12:10 PM
Rock God

I'm in; I've been meaning to get up that way soon anyway.

-WRM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 140 Old 07-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Rock God

Garage

Hm sounds fun. If I have my drive line vibes sorted out by then maybe we'll go up there.

-Dan

2008 JK X: Sold
post #5 of 140 Old 07-25-2012, 04:24 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Looks good, guys. This will be a great time. Hopefully, we can find someone from the Four Corners area to run Moab with us on the 22nd, too.

Quote:

post #6 of 140 Old 07-26-2012, 12:36 AM
Rock God

Garage

I'll be there.

Proud to be One of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001-2010.

Semper Fi
post #7 of 140 Old 07-26-2012, 06:45 AM
JKO Addict!

I'd sure like to go. Will check with Meg and see what her schedule is like. We are slated for some repair work and sleeve install on the 11th so if all goes as planned and Meg is off we may very well be there

A buddy of ours just ask about going to Moab over Labor Day weekend but I can't get away right now for a trip that far away
post #8 of 140 Old 07-26-2012, 07:08 PM
JKO Addict!

Well Meg put in for that weekend off. If she gets it we are in. It would be nice because that's my birthday weekend. What better thing to do than be out wheeling with new folks...cool.
post #9 of 140 Old 07-27-2012, 06:51 AM
Rock God

Pretty sure Im going to make it.
post #10 of 140 Old 07-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Rock God

I am prob in also will know for sure as we get closer

"see this jeep? It will always get more love than you because it brings me more joy than you can" hahaha
post #11 of 140 Old 07-27-2012, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

So far...

IN
Guest of Honor (, ok that might be stretchin' it a bit) - jeeperjkj (+wife and 3 kids)
1. axsys
2. WRMorrison
3. highoctane

Maybe
1. Daniel_M
2. M&M's
3. HeloJeff
4. steves07jk

Quote:

post #12 of 140 Old 07-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

What time are you guys eating dinner?

Jason

Jeep Sales/Adventure Jeep Packages/Parts
480-788-7245 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Perfomance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Customs Ripp Superchargers
post #13 of 140 Old 07-28-2012, 04:22 AM
Rock God

Garage

I guess it would depend on how many and what trails we run.

Not sure what trails anyone had in mind, but I'm thinking Broken Arrow and Soldiers Pass would be fun scenic trails that a lifted Commander should be capable of. Only other trail I've done is Outlaw trail and it's kinda long to do, but has the Indian cliff dwellings you can check out at the trail head.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Semper Fi
post #14 of 140 Old 07-29-2012, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Bumpin' this back up for more participants!

Quote:

post #15 of 140 Old 07-30-2012, 10:20 AM
Rock God

Son (6)and I may join in if we are welcome. Always looking for runs involving kids. If we do we'll camp and BBQ Friday and or Saturday night, the more the merrier. I know some good lesser known camping areas off of FS routes near the cliff dwellings.

Any minimum rig requirements? I have a 2.5" lift, 33s, winch and recovery pts but am open open.

Last edited by Catfish; 07-30-2012 at 10:25 AM.
post #16 of 140 Old 07-30-2012, 11:19 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Son (6)and I may join in if we are welcome. Always looking for runs involving kids. If we do we'll camp and BBQ Friday and or Saturday night, the more the merrier. I know some good lesser known camping areas off of FS routes near the cliff dwellings.

Any minimum rig requirements? I have a 2.5" lift, 33s, winch and recovery pts but am open open.
Hey Catfish,

My guess is that since the Phoenix folks are only a couple hours away, they may just head out and meet at the trailhead (can't and don't want to speak for anyone though). For us down south type we have 4 hours min depending on the route we take. I think Meg took the weekend off but I don't remember if she got Friday off or not. I'd love to be up there Friday night, maybe hit a hotel to be fresh-n-purdy on Sat then camp out Sat night and take the scenic route home on Sunday. How's that sound to anyone?

As far as rigs go, its been like 27 years since I wheeled in Sedona and back then I don't remember there being anything remotely difficult. Your rig should be fine unless things have changed so drastically that being way lifted and locked are required. I'm sure the other guys will let you know if your okay or not.
post #17 of 140 Old 07-30-2012, 11:45 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Once I confirm with the Wife, i'm in. I am in the same boat as Catfish. 32's, 2"lift, disconnects, winch, recovery points, recovery gear, open/open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #18 of 140 Old 07-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Once I confirm with the Wife, i'm in.
x2 yup same boat.

Quote:
camp out Sat night and take the scenic route home on Sunday.
sounds GREAT! and since there is little to no chance of us being purdy, we may just camp friday too! I'm thinking sunset bbq up on the top of shnebly hill where its cooler.

any locals have word on current fire restrictions?
post #19 of 140 Old 07-30-2012, 03:27 PM
Rock God

Well it depends on what we run but I am pretty sure all of you will be ok theres nothing really hard maybe somes ares to play a little bit but my buddy just took hi 2012 stock rubi up there and ran everything no prob.

"see this jeep? It will always get more love than you because it brings me more joy than you can" hahaha
post #20 of 140 Old 07-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Rock God

We did Soldiers Pass and Broken Arrow (except for the stairs) in my wifes brand new stock tired GC Overland this spring. It has the electronic limited slip but its no JK and it did well. Got some strange looks from the pink Jeep crowd having a brand new Jeep "car" up at mushroom rock.
post #21 of 140 Old 07-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Rock God

The staircase on Broken Arrow is really the only obstacle and doesn't have to be done.
Devil's Staircase - Broken Arrow Trail - Sedona, AZ - Jeep Commander - YouTube

Most of the trails I have seen up there are dirt roads with a few small rocks here and there. Hardly any need to even disconnect sway bars and airdown.
post #22 of 140 Old 07-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Rock God

It can be a little tight trying to pass people coming the other way
post #23 of 140 Old 07-30-2012, 07:18 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeloJeff View Post
It can be a little tight trying to pass people coming the other way
I didn't know you got that on camera! That was a tight fit, like a few inches clearance.

Semper Fi

Last edited by highoctane; 07-30-2012 at 08:41 PM.
post #24 of 140 Old 07-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
I didn't know you got that on camera! That was a right fit, like a few inches clearance.

Yeah "Squeaky" took a few pictures that day. Hahaha
post #25 of 140 Old 07-30-2012, 08:10 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

So how many people are camping? I may not be able to camp, so it may be a long day for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode