JKOwners Forum banner

PA Jeeper - Road Trip to Moab, ???

715 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  RyanJKU12 
#1 ·
I want to come to Moab and be able to wheel most trails. I definately want to hit Golden Spike, so a difficulty level of 7 or less. If all works out, this will be a trip with 2 - 5 other Jeeps. All of us are East Coast based.

I have a '12 Sahara Unlimited. Purchased Sept '11. I have a 2.5 lift, 33x12.5 tires, rock rails, and offroad front and rear bumper. I regeared to 4.88 and have rear lockers. I'll probably have a transmission skid, oil pan skid and exhaust cross over skid by August. The rest will be stock skids.

I have most but not all needed recovery gear, at least what we use on the East Coast. Tow straps, hilift jack, shovel, axe, BFH, and tools. I also have most if not all camping gear, as I plan to camp most nights on the trip out and back, as well as while I'm in Utah.

Here is my list of items I think I'm going to purchase and install prior to the trip.
Winch - looking for recommendations, looking for the best for the money
Air Compressor - probably something to hook up to the battery rather than onboard. Open to suggestions.

With all that being said, could the experienced amongst you make some recommendations of mods or supplies I may need to enjoy Moab? Any recommendations on Camp Grounds in the area? Are there sometimes of year that the weather makes Moab less enjoyable?

Thanks for your help!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.