Wanted: 9/16"x3" fine thread grade 8 bolt - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-24-2012, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Wanted: 9/16"x3" fine thread grade 8 bolt

I have been having a hell of a time resolving my death wobble in my 09 JK Unlimited! I have had it into two shops and also done my own checks and while it's better, it's still not 100%.

I removed the trackbar bolt today and noticed that the bracket holes were just a little wallowed out. Not quite oval, but some wear and not a tight fit. So I figured I would try the 9/16" x 3" bolt to replace the 14mm bolt, but haven't been able to find one without a shoulder. It needs to be fully threaded otherwise it doesn't fit.

I am running a Rock Krawler Short Arm 3.5" Lift. The dealership recently replaced the stabilizer shock, stabilizer shock bracket, and both ends of the drag link. This made it noticibly better, but I still got a little DW afterward when hitting potholes. Then, I also had the tires balanced and no DW since, but I'm sure it's not gone as I wanted to check that trackbar bolt before I pushed it.

If anyone has any experience with resolving DW, I would be more than happy to provide the beer and get another opinion. I'm off today and tomorrow, otherwise I'll hit it again in a few weeks when work calms down a little.

Thanks!

3.5" RK Lift, 35" MTR/K's, RR Skid Kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Rock God

Ace Hardware should carry it. Not sure where you are at, but Tatum and Thunderbird as well as Scottsdale and Pinnacle Peak both carry a lot of bolts. Six Points Hardware is also great, 19th Ave and Peoria or their downtown location.

Do you have the RK trackbar? Have you adjusted your toe?

07 X - Flame Red - 6 Speed - 5.13s - 37x12.50 MTR/Ks - ProComp 7069s 17x9
RK 3.5" X-Factor LA - WTOR Hydro Assist - Rubicon Axles F&R - Trussed & HD Brackets
PSC Flares, OR-Fab Front Bumper, Genright Rear Bumper, Poly Sliders w/ PSC Armor
post #3 of 7 Old 01-24-2012, 02:55 PM
JKO Addict!

None of my Grade8 track bar hardware is fully threaded, there is no reason why it shouldn't fit.

Local REAL hardware store (nut/bolt/fastenal store) will carry what will work.

This is what is in mine [yes those are non-locking nuts (have lock washers), didn't even think about it when buying them..no issues over 2,000miles thus far]

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Goodysgotacuda; 01-24-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 01-24-2012, 03:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Got mine at Fastenal. Doesn't need to be fully threaded. Put them in and tighten them up.

Fixed!!!!!!!! Worked for me.

http://www.fastenal.com/web/location...oenix&state=AZ

Last edited by 4x4x4; 01-24-2012 at 03:04 PM.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-24-2012, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
None of my Grade8 track bar hardware is fully threaded, there is no reason why it shouldn't fit.

Local REAL hardware store (nut/bolt/fastenal store) will carry what will work.

This is what is in mine [yes those are non-locking nuts (have lock washers), didn't even think about it when buying them..no issues over 2,000miles thus far]
I bought some similar hardware today at Ace hardware and the non-threaded section was getting stuck on the outside of the bracket hole. I pulled the track bar out just to check if it wasn't binding and it didn't want to go through at the non-threaded portion?
If nobody else says anything tonight, I'll go back to Ace in the morning and then try it again.

post #6 of 7 Old 01-24-2012, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4x4 View Post
Got mine at Fastenal. Doesn't need to be fully threaded. Put them in and tighten them up.

Fixed!!!!!!!! Worked for me.

http://www.fastenal.com/web/location...oenix&state=AZ
Thanks, I've never heard of them but just added them to my favorites.

post #7 of 7 Old 01-24-2012, 05:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapppro View Post
I bought some similar hardware today at Ace hardware and the non-threaded section was getting stuck on the outside of the bracket hole. I pulled the track bar out just to check if it wasn't binding and it didn't want to go through at the non-threaded portion?
If nobody else says anything tonight, I'll go back to Ace in the morning and then try it again.
Not sure what the deal is, but I didn't need to hog out any of the holes on my stock bracketry. I'd use what you have and just run a 9/16" bit through it and call it good, or just sand lightly on the bolt shoulder....It just has to be so close to fitting. Maybe even just a tap with a deadblow.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode