Ben's bachelor / wheeling extravaganza! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
View Poll Results: which day is best for you (as if the world revolves around you)
Saturday, February 11th 6 66.67%
Saturday, February 18th 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 Old 01-16-2012, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Talking Ben's bachelor / wheeling extravaganza!

He's got enough on his mind at the moment, so I've volunteered to put this shindig on for him. He wants to run CK in the snow...so, CK it is! I've never done this run in the snow, so it should be a lot of fun. Since he's getting hitched on 2/23, let's schedule this thing for either Sat. 2/11 or Sat. 2/18. The 11th would be better, but he'll agree to a run on the 18th.

Yes, it will be a little chilly, but nothing we can't handle, right? Wheel up the mountain, party at the saloon and elsewhere, and camp for the night. I'd like to see everyone who's drinking to stay the night, but that's ultimately up to you. If you just wanna make the run and grab some grub and a quick beer and head back, that's fine too.

I've got a good-size, military canvas tent that I'm bringing along (GP small for those in the know...); it's basically a hexagon-shaped tent that's ~17' from corner to corner. I'm also working on getting a wood stove to bring along and put in it (I'll have it before then). These tents are made for stoves (stovepipe vent in the roof), so no worries about being smoked-out. If that won't keep us warm, the will!

Now, this tent is a little under 200sqft. So, depending on the placement of the stove, we should be able to fit 6-10 people in there (maybe more if you're drunk and willing to sleep on the warm floor...lol). 4 spaces are already reserved for Ben, his dad, TJT and myself. The rest of the room is first-come, first-slept. Bring your own sleeping stuff and cot/mat/pad/whatever.

Is there anyone else that's coming along that still has some military hook-ups? Another big tent like a GP medium would be AWESOME, so everyone can sleep comfortably. As always, you could always sleep in your personal tent with a small heater, or I'm sure the cabins/rooms up there will be available. I've got one of those small propane tent heaters that takes the little bottles that I could loan out for the night (you supply the propane). I've also got a large kerosene heater that I could loan, but it's too big for a small tent (would need to be something fairly good size). And, then you have to carry or find kerosene.

I'd like to see as many people as possible there! Even if you're not a close friend of Ben, you will be before the night's over (especially if you're in our tent...LOL). Point is, the more, the merrier.

Some items you should bring along:
WARM CLOTHES! (2 sets actually, in case you get water-soaked from snow)
something warm to sleep in
tow strap (or stick near someone else who has one)
full-size spare in good condition and the means to change it
plenty to drink (and eat, if you don't like saloon food)

I'm sure more will be added later in the thread, but that's all I can think of right now.

-WRM

Last edited by WRMorrison; 01-16-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 Old 01-16-2012, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Forgot to add, whichever day this goes down, we don't have to leave at the butt-crack of dawn; I'm thinking leave the airdown spot around 10-ish.

Plus, if you have any good ideas for this run / day of sorrow for Ben (lol..not really,personally, I think he's getting the better end of the deal), let's hear it!

-WRM

Last edited by WRMorrison; 01-16-2012 at 06:20 PM.
post #3 of 68 Old 01-16-2012, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Also, for those that don't know yet (and have an unlimited), a full-size air mattress fits perfectly in the back of a JKU with the rear seats folded and the front seats slid forward (I camped in CK once like this).

-WRM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 68 Old 01-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Granite Guru

Are girls allowed? If so I'll plan on going. Dibs on Rich's tent heater! And unless things change drastically in my life between now and then, it'll more than likely be just me, myself, and I.

[B]
*~* Brittany *~*
Need stock JK suspension parts? PM me!
post #5 of 68 Old 01-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Granite Guru

I camped in CK with Ben, WR Morrison and TJT earlier this year. Had a good time. Are any kids coming, as in Ben and Tony's, or is this true bachelor party? Sounds like a good time.

DRIVEN1
2009 Rubicon Unlimited
Teraflex 3" Suspension System with Flex Arms
Teraflex RockGuard Epic Front Bumper
Teraflex RockGuard Outback Rear Bumper
Teraflex RockGuard Spare Tire Carrier
LoD Signature Series Rock Sliders
XD Series Addict 17" Rims
35" BFG KM2 Mud Terrain Tires
J.E. Reel Front and Rear Drive Shafts
Poison Spyder "Special Edition" Bombshell Diff Covers & Evap Can Skid
3M Clear Bra and 80% Window Tint
JEEP PICS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 68 Old 01-16-2012, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin_belle View Post
Are girls allowed?
To be quite honest, I have no idea...It never even dawned on me... PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, but I guess I thought of you as one of the guys when I sent the text. Are you allergic to large cakes? (J/K) I have no problems with it; what say ye Ben?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEN1 View Post
Are any kids coming, as in Ben and Tony's, or is this a true bachelor party?
Well, if you mean hookers and blow, then no (at least, I'm not bringing any...lol), but if you mean general drunken debauchery, then definitely. Ben can "weigh" in on this one as well for the final say, but I know that his and mine aren't coming. I don't want to drag him out in the cold, and DEFINITELY don't want him in the Saloon with me at 1AM...lol. But, if you want to, that's your call. You may have to hold his eyes and ears at times...lol.

-WRM
post #7 of 68 Old 01-16-2012, 11:18 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRMorrison View Post
PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, but I guess I thought of you as one of the guys when I sent the text.
Hahaha.... well that's a compliment in my book! No offense taken, friend!

[B]
*~* Brittany *~*
post #8 of 68 Old 01-17-2012, 05:07 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
He's got enough on his mind at the moment, so I've volunteered to put this shindig on for him. He wants to run CK in the snow...so, CK it is! I've never done this run in the snow, so it should be a lot of fun. Since he's getting hitched on 2/23, let's schedule this thing for either Sat. 2/11 or Sat. 2/18. The 11th would be better, but he'll agree to a run on the 18th.

Yes, it will be a little chilly, but nothing we can't handle, right? Wheel up the mountain, party at the saloon and elsewhere, and camp for the night. I'd like to see everyone who's drinking to stay the night, but that's ultimately up to you. If you just wanna make the run and grab some grub and a quick beer and head back, that's fine too.

I've got a good-size, military canvas tent that I'm bringing along (GP small for those in the know...); it's basically a hexagon-shaped tent that's ~17' from corner to corner. I'm also working on getting a wood stove to bring along and put in it (I'll have it before then). These tents are made for stoves (stovepipe vent in the roof), so no worries about being smoked-out. If that won't keep us warm, the will!

Now, this tent is a little under 200sqft. So, depending on the placement of the stove, we should be able to fit 6-10 people in there (maybe more if you're drunk and willing to sleep on the warm floor...lol). 4 spaces are already reserved for Ben, his dad, TJT and myself. The rest of the room is first-come, first-slept. Bring your own sleeping stuff and cot/mat/pad/whatever.

Is there anyone else that's coming along that still has some military hook-ups? Another big tent like a GP medium would be AWESOME, so everyone can sleep comfortably. As always, you could always sleep in your personal tent with a small heater, or I'm sure the cabins/rooms up there will be available. I've got one of those small propane tent heaters that takes the little bottles that I could loan out for the night (you supply the propane). I've also got a large kerosene heater that I could loan, but it's too big for a small tent (would need to be something fairly good size). And, then you have to carry or find kerosene.

I'd like to see as many people as possible there! Even if you're not a close friend of Ben, you will be before the night's over (especially if you're in our tent...LOL). Point is, the more, the merrier.

Some items you should bring along:
WARM CLOTHES! (2 sets actually, in case you get water-soaked from snow)
something warm to sleep in
tow strap (or stick near someone else who has one)
full-size spare in good condition and the means to change it
plenty to drink (and eat, if you don't like saloon food)

I'm sure more will be added later in the thread, but that's all I can think of right now.

-WRM
Good Times!! I'll bring my single cot/mattress/bag for a space in the tent please.
post #9 of 68 Old 01-17-2012, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trdr712 View Post
Good Times!! I'll bring my single cot/mattress/bag for a space in the tent please.
Sounds good!

-WRM
post #10 of 68 Old 01-17-2012, 06:29 AM
Rock God

Well if you guys decide sat I prob wont be able to make it. The little one has softball and well I am the coach and if you decide sunday I wont be camping

"see this jeep? It will always get more love than you because it brings me more joy than you can" hahaha
post #11 of 68 Old 01-17-2012, 07:09 AM
Rock God

SUCKS!!!!!!
I have inventory on 10th and 11th
Work the 18th

'09 4dr Rubi Detonator Yellow
35x12.5x17 BFG KM2s they SUCK!
Rugged Ridge XHD bumper Warn 9.5ti
3.5 Mid arm Rock Krawler
Finally 5.13s
post #12 of 68 Old 01-17-2012, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by steves07jk View Post
Well if you guys decide sat I prob wont be able to make it. The little one has softball and well I am the coach and if you decide sunday I wont be camping
It'll definitely be on a Saturday, since most have to work on Mondays (no camping on Sunday night). I would say to swing up on Sunday morning, but I would imagine that everyone will start heading back down right after they're up and moving. What time's the softball game / practice? If nothing else, head up the front way afterwards and meet us at the saloon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by owtdorz View Post
SUCKS!!!!!!
I have inventory on 10th and 11th, Work the 18th
Let somebody else count that stuff on the 11th! Get you some "people" for that.

-WRM
post #13 of 68 Old 01-17-2012, 08:38 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Let somebody else count that stuff on the 11th! Get you some "people" for that.

-WRM
We have a crew that comes in but we have to count too.
Besides it's more cash I get for the 'Con trip in July

'09 4dr Rubi Detonator Yellow
35x12.5x17 BFG KM2s they SUCK!
Rugged Ridge XHD bumper Warn 9.5ti
3.5 Mid arm Rock Krawler
Finally 5.13s
post #14 of 68 Old 01-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Rock God

This looks awesome.........

"Freedom through Strength"
post #15 of 68 Old 01-18-2012, 06:53 AM
Rock God

Im in.

My JKO BLACK WIDOW BUILD THREAD:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Big Thanks to Jason at

In process: One TONS, 44" Tires, Comp CUT,
Strertched, Hydro Assist, TF 6" LA,
Chromoly TR Beadlocks,
Katskins, and more!
post #16 of 68 Old 01-18-2012, 08:09 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Are girls allowed? If so I'll plan on going. Dibs on Rich's tent heater! And unless things change drastically in my life between now and then, it'll more than likely be just me, myself, and I.
I will go with you Brit....I am not sure if my beast will be trail worthy by then but i would ride with you (Punkin owes me a trip right)....and i have done CK in the snow so i dont mind not driving (it is super fun). I also have a 12 person tent and sleeping bags....we could have girls only tent!
But if this is a GUY's trip i understand and we can run it some other time girlie (once i get the tie rod fixed)

'08 4dr Red Rock Pearl3" lift, 35's, locked, sleeved+ gussetted, Iron bull front bumper, reverse solar charger, bumpin tunes
post #17 of 68 Old 01-18-2012, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Are girls allowed?
Just heard back from Ben... While we've never excluded anyone from runs before, he really wants this to be a "true" bachelor's party. So, no girls allowed...sorry. Next time though!

I've got one of these showing up Friday. If anyone's able to squeeze in a bit of firewood when you come, it would be appreciated. Maybe we'll cook some breakfast Sunday morning; who knows...lol. I've got plenty of pots and pans for camping, so I'll bring some along.

-WRM

post #18 of 68 Old 01-18-2012, 08:11 PM
Rock God

WTF,,,,,,, did you really buy the tent???? are you looking for a Bobb'd Deuce next to carry this 500lb tent and stove????????????

post #19 of 68 Old 01-18-2012, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmweight View Post
WTF,,,,,,, did you really buy the tent???? are you looking for a Bobb'd Deuce next to carry this 500lb tent and stove????????????
Yep, it's sitting in my garage; bought it just for this! Well, that, and I was looking for a reason...lol. It's gonna be awesome...

Oh, and it's not 500lbs....just a little under 250...LOL I'm also thinking of selling fireworks in the off-season...LOL

-WRM
post #20 of 68 Old 01-19-2012, 05:33 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Just heard back from Ben... While we've never excluded anyone from runs before, he really wants this to be a "true" bachelor's party. So, no girls allowed...sorry. Next time though!
Beware woodland creaters, once again man enters the forest. Men in the woods, with jeeps, a cast iron stove, a sultans tent, livations, and no woman.....Run and run fast little creatures. :i20thank20you:

'08 4dr Red Rock Pearl3" lift, 35's, locked, sleeved+ gussetted, Iron bull front bumper, reverse solar charger, bumpin tunes
post #21 of 68 Old 01-19-2012, 08:18 AM
Granite Guru

Looks like Rich's tent heater is back up for grabs then. Have fun, boys!

[B]
*~* Brittany *~*
post #22 of 68 Old 01-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Rock God

Gonna be a blast......

post #23 of 68 Old 01-21-2012, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Well, I picked up the stove on Friday. This, was NOT really what I was wanting to see on the crate:

I'm going to assume that this label is meant for people not smart enough to vent the tent to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning...

Here it is assembled:

And, the original "man cave" it's going into:

The tent fits in the backyard (barely), but not enough room to secure all the guy lines.

-WRM
post #24 of 68 Old 01-21-2012, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Oddly enough, the tent itself wasn't too bad at all to put up. Ben and myself (and my wife handing out the stakes and such) had it up in less than 45 minutes. This sucker is NO JOKE...

-WRM
post #25 of 68 Old 01-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Rock God

HOLY MOTHER OF TENTS BATMAN...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode