Yavapai County Vehicle Inspections and Emissions Tests - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 10-12-2011, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Yavapai County Vehicle Inspections and Emissions Tests

Hey guys!

My name's Tinker, I was living in PA but am currently deployed to Afghanistan with the Army, I've been into Jeeps since I started driving, and I'm looking at moving out your way (specifically Prescott area) sometime after I get back to the States. I did a quick search but my time is limited and I'd like to get your input: what kind of vehicle inspection/emissions testing does Yavapai County perform? I've got an '08 Unlimited that's on 38.5 Pitbulls and I'm lookin at putting in a 4BT Cummins diesel and aftermarket fenders (or just take the stockers off if AZ isn't as gay as PA). Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Hotrodtinker JERSEY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CREW
'08 Unlimited Rubicon (Rescue Green)
Lifted and running (for the moment)...
Planned Mods:
- Engine swap and 1-ton axles!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodtinker View Post
Hey guys!

My name's Tinker, I was living in PA but am currently deployed to Afghanistan with the Army, I've been into Jeeps since I started driving, and I'm looking at moving out your way (specifically Prescott area) sometime after I get back to the States. I did a quick search but my time is limited and I'd like to get your input: what kind of vehicle inspection/emissions testing does Yavapai County perform? I've got an '08 Unlimited that's on 38.5 Pitbulls and I'm lookin at putting in a 4BT Cummins diesel and aftermarket fenders (or just take the stockers off if AZ isn't as gay as PA). Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated!

From what I remember they are extremely leinant. Actually I dont think they have any specific inspection/emission/smog requirements up there unless things changed the last 2 years. A couple years ago we had to register my brothers vehicle using my Grandmas address since it wouldnt pass emission and smog prerequisites down here... I also know a lot of people who register their atvs and utvs in that county for that reason.

My JKO BLACK WIDOW BUILD THREAD:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Big Thanks to Jason at

In process: One TONS, 44" Tires, Comp CUT,
Strertched, Hydro Assist, TF 6" LA,
Chromoly TR Beadlocks,
Katskins, and more!
post #3 of 10 Old 10-13-2011, 12:08 AM
Rock God

Garage

Good to know. I'm moving to Prescott in Jan as well.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Proud to be One of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001-2010.

Semper Fi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 10-13-2011, 05:48 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to wastedyouth02

Vehicle inspection? Emissions test? WTH is that? seriously though there is none of that up here, to give an example of how lenient they are i walked in with the title to a dirtbike and said "Hi i have a dirt bike and would like to make it street legal" "thatll be 20$" and that was it, gave me a new sticker for my 450 without so much as even looking at it. When i registered my dakota there they verified the vin, when i brought my jeep over they didnt even do that.

Im in afghanisntan right now too, we'll have to get some JK meets goin in prescott since there are a TON of jeeps up there.

Drive fast over bumps
post #5 of 10 Old 10-13-2011, 07:12 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

I think you could get away with no fenders here. I know the cops are always hassling the lifted trucks with no mud flaps but here in AZ jeeps are titled as station wagons which don't require mudflaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #6 of 10 Old 10-13-2011, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK RUBI ON 40s View Post
From what I remember they are extremely leinant. Actually I dont think they have any specific inspection/emission/smog requirements up there unless things changed the last 2 years. A couple years ago we had to register my brothers vehicle using my Grandmas address since it wouldnt pass emission and smog prerequisites down here... I also know a lot of people who register their atvs and utvs in that county for that reason.
Sold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
Good to know. I'm moving to Prescott in Jan as well.

Hopefully I'll see you there the beginning of summer semester!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyouth02 View Post
Vehicle inspection? Emissions test? WTH is that? seriously though there is none of that up here, to give an example of how lenient they are i walked in with the title to a dirtbike and said "Hi i have a dirt bike and would like to make it street legal" "thatll be 20$" and that was it, gave me a new sticker for my 450 without so much as even looking at it. When i registered my dakota there they verified the vin, when i brought my jeep over they didnt even do that.

Im in afghanisntan right now too, we'll have to get some JK meets goin in prescott since there are a TON of jeeps up there.
Yeah, DEF sold... Where ya at bro? I'm in eastern Afghanistaniland near Jalalabad. You going to be home soon? If so we'll DEF have to get a trip planned for next summer (or whenever you'll be home by)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
I think you could get away with no fenders here. I know the cops are always hassling the lifted trucks with no mud flaps but here in AZ jeeps are titled as station wagons which don't require mudflaps.
*sniff* I love it there already and I haven't even gotten back to the States!

Hotrodtinker JERSEY
CREW
Planned Mods:
post #7 of 10 Old 10-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to wastedyouth02

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodtinker View Post
Yeah, DEF sold... Where ya at bro? I'm in eastern Afghanistaniland near Jalalabad. You going to be home soon? If so we'll DEF have to get a trip planned for next summer (or whenever you'll be home by)!
Im down here in Spin Boldak i go home for RnR prolly around mid january for a month then back out here for 5 months to finish out. Hit me up when your back state side we'll go hit the back trails n shoot some shit. http://www.facebook.com/FBRacing02

Drive fast over bumps
post #8 of 10 Old 10-13-2011, 09:39 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Not to mention that you don't need a CCW permit to carry concealed in the state anymore. Thank you Republicans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #9 of 10 Old 10-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:

Not to mention that you don't need a CCW permit to carry concealed in the state anymore. Thank you Republicans.
Really? That's awesome. Granted my permit( VA resident, and a NY resident permits) reciprocates, that's cool.

Proud to be One of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001-2010.

Semper Fi
post #10 of 10 Old 10-13-2011, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyouth02 View Post
Im down here in Spin Boldak i go home for RnR prolly around mid january for a month then back out here for 5 months to finish out. Hit me up when your back state side we'll go hit the back trails n shoot some shit. http://www.facebook.com/FBRacing02
Awesome! I sent you a request on FB. Sound like you'll be back in the States right around the time I'm moving out to AZ! I'll buy the first round when you get home! Be safe!

Quote:
Like I needed ANOTHER reason to move into the area! I'm going to feel like I died and went to heaven...

Hotrodtinker JERSEY
CREW
Planned Mods:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode