Pheonix confirmed - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 Old 09-20-2011, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.
Pheonix confirmed

Phoenix has just been confirmed as my lady and I's vacation destination in November. Her brother and sister in law moved out there this past June so we're headed out to visit.

Just purchased our plane tickets tonight; arriving on the 15th and departing on the 21st.

Anyone wanna take us wheeling? I would love to check out a few trails!

Might even rent a car and head to Vegas for a night or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 09-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

why not rent a jeep and do some trails yourself. Or rent a car and do some trails, just make sure you get the insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 39 Old 09-20-2011, 09:39 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:eMETAL:. View Post
Phoenix has just been confirmed as my lady and I's vacation destination in November. Her brother and sister in law moved out there this past June so we're headed out to visit.
Just purchased our plane tickets tonight; arriving on the 15th and departing on the 21st.
Anyone wanna take us wheeling? I would love to check out a few trails!
Might even rent a car and head to Vegas for a night or two.
Too bad you won't have the green beast! We will have to spend a day on the trail. Introduce you to the local scene.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 Old 09-21-2011, 05:19 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
why not rent a jeep and do some trails yourself. Or rent a car and do some trails, just make sure you get the insurance.
LOL something like a crown vic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose512 View Post
Too bad you won't have the green beast! We will have to spend a day on the trail. Introduce you to the local scene.
I was waiting for you to pop your head in here. I know... the beast would be great to have there, but I wouldn't mind just being a tag along/spotter/camera man for once.

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 39 Old 09-21-2011, 05:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Would love to go to AZ once. Have fun, Eric. It is a shame that your Rubi can't make the trip, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #6 of 39 Old 09-21-2011, 07:34 AM
JKowners Vendor

If you are in the Sedona area (about 1.5 to 2 hours north of Phx), stop by and say hi. We can give you trail maps of the area, and/or you can rent one of our Rubis.

P.S. Insurance is on you--we don't sell it. If you have a full coverage auto policy on your own vehicle at home, most major insurance companies cover you in whatever else you drive.

Happy trails!

Nena Barlow

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

post #7 of 39 Old 09-21-2011, 11:10 AM
Granite Guru

the most important question given what you have at home...what pucker factor you looking for? Heck rent me a sweet convertible and fix anything you break and i will lend you my rig while you are here (mine sits all day while i work)....it isnt the fanciest rig, and has been done through help/free parts on a shoe string budget but she will get you there and back again.

'08 4dr Red Rock Pearl3" lift, 35's, locked, sleeved+ gussetted, Iron bull front bumper, reverse solar charger, bumpin tunes
post #8 of 39 Old 09-21-2011, 12:12 PM
Rock God

I'm sure we can get a run going, it will be very nice out on those days.

Would you rather have a longer, scenic trail or a shorter, technical trail, or both in two days?

07 X - Flame Red - 6 Speed - 5.13s - 37x12.50 MTR/Ks - ProComp 7069s 17x9
RK 3.5" X-Factor LA - WTOR Hydro Assist - Rubicon Axles F&R - Trussed & HD Brackets
PSC Flares, OR-Fab Front Bumper, Genright Rear Bumper, Poly Sliders w/ PSC Armor
post #9 of 39 Old 09-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

I'll take you guys out

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #10 of 39 Old 09-21-2011, 12:33 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Marcy

I wish you luck on your trip! Arizona and I, well I don't think we mix well. Something bad happens everytime I go there

Hope you have fun!
post #11 of 39 Old 09-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Rock God

About time E... let me know what you wanna do when you get here and I'll show you a good time...

My JKO BLACK WIDOW BUILD THREAD:

Big Thanks to Jason at

In process: One TONS, 44" Tires, Comp CUT,
Strertched, Hydro Assist, TF 6" LA,
Chromoly TR Beadlocks,
Katskins, and more!
post #12 of 39 Old 09-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK RUBI ON 40s View Post
About time E... let me know what you wanna do when you get here and I'll show you a good time...
Crawling the Malls?

Seriously though.
What about a run up to Pyeatte Draw?
Camp, hotel or day trip?
Cam may even finish this time.

'09 4dr Rubi Detonator Yellow
35x12.5x17 BFG KM2s they SUCK!
Rugged Ridge XHD bumper Warn 9.5ti
3.5 Mid arm Rock Krawler
Finally 5.13s
post #13 of 39 Old 09-21-2011, 04:53 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
I wish you luck on your trip! Arizona and I, well I don't think we mix well. Something bad happens everytime I go there

Hope you have fun!
I missed you on that trip...what happened?

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #14 of 39 Old 09-21-2011, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'm up for whatever you "the locals" would like to do, pucker factor is your choice. We have rocks ups here and then combined with slick hill climbs and tight wooded turns, so I'm game. The lady is pretty good with stuff, her eyes will light up and I'm sure they'll be a few "REALLYYYYY?" but shes a trooper! Would probably need to be a day trip and not an overnight seeing as we'll be packing very lightly.

And probably a night at a local watering hole is in order as well. Doesn't have to be combined with the wheeling trip as we'll be there all week.

post #15 of 39 Old 10-12-2011, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

about a month away!

damn i'm so overdue for a vacation

post #16 of 39 Old 11-11-2011, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Leaving tomorrow for NYC for a 3 day hotel convention and then off to Phoenix on Tuesday.

Anyone still game for a few drinks one night, and possible wheeling trip?

post #17 of 39 Old 11-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Granite Guru

Cop 4x4 built a jeep for a returned wounded soldier....The day for the unveiling is November 19th at 8am sharp at the Cop Shop, 23107 N 21st ave, Phoenix, AZ 85027 Then we will head to Sedone for a trail ride with Barlows Jeep Rentals. Every jeeper and military person that would like to come with us in invited to come to the unveiling, and is invited to come with us to Sedona as well.....could be a fun run for you to join.....are you renting a rig while here or hitching a ride. You could always ride up to Sedona then rent a rig to trail with us.

'08 4dr Red Rock Pearl3" lift, 35's, locked, sleeved+ gussetted, Iron bull front bumper, reverse solar charger, bumpin tunes
post #18 of 39 Old 11-12-2011, 01:39 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:eMETAL:. View Post
Leaving tomorrow for NYC for a 3 day hotel convention and then off to Phoenix on Tuesday.

Anyone still game for a few drinks one night, and possible wheeling trip?
Always

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #19 of 39 Old 11-14-2011, 07:40 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Marcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
Always
Liar!
post #20 of 39 Old 11-14-2011, 08:57 AM
Rock God

Hey E where are you staying?

My JKO BLACK WIDOW BUILD THREAD:

Big Thanks to Jason at

In process: One TONS, 44" Tires, Comp CUT,
Strertched, Hydro Assist, TF 6" LA,
Chromoly TR Beadlocks,
Katskins, and more!
post #21 of 39 Old 11-14-2011, 10:28 AM
Rock God

Quote:
P.S. Insurance is on you--we don't sell it. If you have a full coverage auto policy on your own vehicle at home, most major insurance companies cover you in whatever else you drive.
I've had this argument wiht a few rental companies. Thank you for your forthright honesty. If ever I need to rent or learn from the pros( well I do but cannot find the time) I'll be sure to send my business to you!
post #22 of 39 Old 11-15-2011, 10:23 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by opustm View Post
Cop 4x4 built a jeep for a returned wounded soldier....The day for the unveiling is November 19th at 8am sharp at the Cop Shop, 23107 N 21st ave, Phoenix, AZ 85027 Then we will head to Sedone for a trail ride with Barlows Jeep Rentals. Every jeeper and military person that would like to come with us in invited to come to the unveiling, and is invited to come with us to Sedona as well.....could be a fun run for you to join.....are you renting a rig while here or hitching a ride. You could always ride up to Sedona then rent a rig to trail with us.
Is this something Nena is leading after the unvail? There is another wounded soldier deal on Dec 3rd too. Are you sure this is not the same? I assume not since the Dec 3rd trip is to Crown King. Sounds fun! What trails in the red rocks?

DRIVEN1
2009 Rubicon Unlimited
Teraflex 3" Suspension System with Flex Arms
Teraflex RockGuard Epic Front Bumper
Teraflex RockGuard Outback Rear Bumper
Teraflex RockGuard Spare Tire Carrier
LoD Signature Series Rock Sliders
XD Series Addict 17" Rims
35" BFG KM2 Mud Terrain Tires
J.E. Reel Front and Rear Drive Shafts
Poison Spyder "Special Edition" Bombshell Diff Covers & Evap Can Skid
3M Clear Bra and 80% Window Tint
JEEP PICS:
post #23 of 39 Old 11-15-2011, 10:35 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Wondered the same thing, here is the link to event here on JKO.

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61538

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #24 of 39 Old 11-16-2011, 07:33 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEN1 View Post
Is this something Nena is leading after the unvail? There is another wounded soldier deal on Dec 3rd too. Are you sure this is not the same? I assume not since the Dec 3rd trip is to Crown King. Sounds fun! What trails in the red rocks?
This is a seperate event from the wounded warrior run next month. Not sure if Nena is leading it but i know she is running it. I think it will depend on size of the group and the weather as to what trails we run. The jeep that got the COP treatment is done, and looks nice but i am not sure what the driver will be up to running. I think that will also depend on his level of pain management that day. I am sure it will trails that wont be too brutal and will allow him to get to play with his 37"s .

post #25 of 39 Old 11-17-2011, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

We're here. Based in Phoenix, and can basically see camelback wherever we go. Suppose to be headed out on a trail ride with a jeep tour company in Sedona on Friday that her family setup from a Groupon deal. The cop unveil sounds cool too as her brother is a veteran.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode