Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 07-25-2011, 04:09 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Wow. I hope he's okay.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Vidi, vici, veni
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #3 of 31 Old 07-25-2011, 05:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

move this to off topic, more traffic there.

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 07-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Rock God

Garage

Mike, any updates on this?? This is terrible!

-Dan

2008 JK X: Sold
post #5 of 31 Old 07-26-2011, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_M View Post
Mike, any updates on this?? This is terrible!

-Dan
Nothing yet.
I check FB all the time for updates.

'09 4dr Rubi Detonator Yellow
35x12.5x17 BFG KM2s they SUCK!
Rugged Ridge XHD bumper Warn 9.5ti
3.5 Mid arm Rock Krawler
Finally 5.13s
post #6 of 31 Old 07-26-2011, 10:31 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Sounds like all of his friends and others have been out searching pretty heavily in the local area. Hopefully this will get the word out and somebody will see him. Are there any places along the route that would be hard to notice if he did have a seizure and lose control of the Jeep? Prayers for a safe return.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #7 of 31 Old 07-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
Sounds like all of his friends and others have been out searching pretty heavily in the local area. Hopefully this will get the word out and somebody will see him. Are there any places along the route that would be hard to notice if he did have a seizure and lose control of the Jeep? Prayers for a safe return.
^^Along his route to his destination the McDonald's? I think they said it was Glendale and it is a metro area and if he had a siezure and wrecked someone would have witnessed or the Jeep would be seen on the side of the road.

As for his favorite wheeling locales, Never personally been to these one's but as far as AZ trails are concerned, they can be pretty vast and can be difficult in some parts. Also as you know the AZ desert and sun can be unforgiving. 7/19 is a long time to be missing so my thoughts are with his family and I got a couple buddies and myself that may hit the trail and help with the search.

-Dan

2008 JK X: Sold
post #8 of 31 Old 07-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Rock God

any updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukecage View Post
If I hear banjos I'm out! I almost feel like an alien being a black guy in a jeep already, this is gonna be a real adventure
post #9 of 31 Old 07-26-2011, 02:45 PM
zjr
JKO Addict!

Garage

Does he have Sat radio???? Maybe they can triangulate the Jeep if the radio is active....

01111001011011110111010100100000011011000110111101 11001101110100001000000111010001101000011001010010 000001100111011000010110110101100101

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl View Post
James just came a little early......
Quote:
Originally Posted by njjk08 View Post
...May 2011 bless everyone with pervert wheeling days...
post #10 of 31 Old 07-27-2011, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Still no luck.
They have chartered a helo and were up yesterday and going up again today.
No word back from sirius either.

'09 4dr Rubi Detonator Yellow
35x12.5x17 BFG KM2s they SUCK!
Rugged Ridge XHD bumper Warn 9.5ti
3.5 Mid arm Rock Krawler
Finally 5.13s
post #11 of 31 Old 07-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by owtdorz View Post
Still no luck.
They have chartered a helo and were up yesterday and going up again today.
No word back from sirius either.
Radio doesn't transmit, just receive as far as I know.
post #12 of 31 Old 07-27-2011, 11:53 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

How far is this place from the border of MX? Any chance he could have been jacked?

Prayers for a safe return.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #13 of 31 Old 07-27-2011, 11:45 PM
Granite Guru

Mike: if the detective gets a direction from the subpoena for his cell history, maybe we can get a group to go search this weekend? I am watching FB page too.

DRIVEN1
2009 Rubicon Unlimited
Teraflex 3" Suspension System with Flex Arms
Teraflex RockGuard Epic Front Bumper
Teraflex RockGuard Outback Rear Bumper
Teraflex RockGuard Spare Tire Carrier
LoD Signature Series Rock Sliders
XD Series Addict 17" Rims
35" BFG KM2 Mud Terrain Tires
J.E. Reel Front and Rear Drive Shafts
Poison Spyder "Special Edition" Bombshell Diff Covers & Evap Can Skid
3M Clear Bra and 80% Window Tint
JEEP PICS:
post #14 of 31 Old 07-28-2011, 06:37 AM
Rock God

I was flying around the Four Peaks area yesterday for work was looking but didn't see anything. Hope they find him soon
post #15 of 31 Old 07-28-2011, 07:11 AM
Rock God

Heres some more info from his wife that definitely proves missing and not simply running away;

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLuna View Post
Things were good at work and home. He has been a little down but not suicidal. More everyday life stuff and work stress. His work has been in contact with me and are helping me about 100 times more than the police right now. He was expected at work on Wednesday. His Jeep isn't at work and every friend and acquaintance has been contacted. I don't think at this point any of these guys would be hiding him out or anything. They have been hitting the trails and city looking for him. He wasn't seeing another woman. I am 99.9% sure and have asked a lot of his guy friends and they are brutally honest and still say that it is not in his character. He left for what I presumed was a run to McDonalds to get lunch and maybe a coffee. He took his work phone, Kindle and wallet. He showered just before he left. No, we can't trace his phone, it is inactive. I am pressuring police to get last known location from his cell phone provider before phone became inactive. He didn't have any cash and there have been no debit or charges, including lunch that day. He respects trails and the 4-wheeling 'rules' he NEVER does runs with one Jeep and carries extra water. He tells people where he is going and when to expect him back. He is Diabetic, he didn't take his medicine with him. He also takes anti-seizure meds that are still here at the house. Credit Agencies have been checked to see if any 'secret' credit cards had been opened, negative. He had between 1/2-3/4 tank of gas and left around noon on July 19th from 75th Ave/Deer Valley.

If anyone has any ideas I am open to them. Our son misses his Daddy so much, as do I. His family is hiring a plane or chopper tomorrow to search. I don't really know where to search so I started with the areas he loves.

I really appreciate all of your help. It is beyond words.

And I also hope that he is on a bender somewhere

My JKO BLACK WIDOW BUILD THREAD:

Big Thanks to Jason at

In process: One TONS, 44" Tires, Comp CUT,
Strertched, Hydro Assist, TF 6" LA,
Chromoly TR Beadlocks,
Katskins, and more!
post #16 of 31 Old 07-28-2011, 01:05 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

What was his last known location? City wise? Anyone want or able to do some searching tomorrow or Saturday? Four of us in groups of two with some binoculars could cover a lot surrounding desert and river bed on the west side close to where he went missing in Glendale if I read that correctly. White tanks, west end of the Salt River, Rural Buckeye, north of Surprise would be good areas to start if he was taken and not lost. Plenty of land to dump a vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #17 of 31 Old 08-09-2011, 06:02 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Sorry to update this with bad news but it appears they found him, not sure where at but they thank the Yavapai County Search and Rescue Team for finding him. He was not found alive

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
post #18 of 31 Old 08-09-2011, 06:57 AM
Granite Guru

damn, thats a crazy story. so sad.

wonder what really happened
post #19 of 31 Old 08-09-2011, 07:12 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMonkeY View Post
Sorry to update this with bad news but it appears they found him, not sure where at but they thank the Yavapai County Search and Rescue Team for finding him. He was not found alive
So sorry to hear this outcome.
from FB if it's okay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Mason
Dear Friends of Michael Grenley - it is with the deepest regret that I must inform you of the passing of Michael Grenley. We have taken great care to attempt to notify all close friends and family members via direct contact. Undoubtedly, some of you will have been missed. Facebook is not the ideal vehicle for communicating such difficult news. At the request and on behalf of Missy, we would like to express how grateful we are for the tireless search efforts conducted by friends, colleagues, community, and law enforcement. We are particularly grateful to the Yavapai County Search and Rescue Team for bringing Michael home. This will undoubtedly be a long journey of recovery for the Grenley family. We request your understanding, patience, and privacy as the family grieves. To that end, we have suspended comments in this forum. A moderated blog has been established at http://fomgblog.blogspot.com/ for sharing your support of the family and rememberances of Michael. Please note that comments will not appear immediately (up to 24 hours) due to moderator pre-screening.
FOMG Blog
fomgblog.blogspot.com

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #20 of 31 Old 08-09-2011, 07:32 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

damn that's sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDrinken View Post
Dirty Minion for life™.:the finger:
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
The fact that there is some Fag in you should be upsetting to say the least.
post #21 of 31 Old 08-09-2011, 07:49 AM
JKO Addict!

Ugh, not good. Very sad to hear. When I was in Vegas someone was killed about every summer. I think last year a mother and son went to death valley in the summer, Cherokee got stuck in the sand. Mother nature didn't take long to do her thing. Be careful y'all!

---
- Sent via paper airplane

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #22 of 31 Old 08-09-2011, 08:05 AM
JKO Addict!

Hate to hear this. I have been following it on FB.
But, with him having been missing for so long, I was afraid that the end wouldn't be a happy one.

Thoughts going out to his family and friends.

AMP

AMP

'07 JKUR, Steel Blue, Spun Main Bearing Mod @ 46k miles
My new engine is a four letter word ..............
post #23 of 31 Old 08-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Granite Guru

Very sad ending. I have been folowing it too on FB. I know everyone freaks out when you asked what happened and says let the family greeve. I am curious to know if there was any foul play or if he was just lost or what had happened to him. Maybe we can all learn from this either by being more prepared or more aware of our surrounding. Depending how this happened to him. I'm curious to know.
post #24 of 31 Old 08-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...0809-abrk.html

RIP

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #25 of 31 Old 08-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Wheeler

That is so sad. That poor family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode