Baja 250, Race Run, San Felipe B.C. Mx, March 12-15 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 01-16-2009, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Exclamation Baja 250, Race Run, San Felipe B.C. Mx, March 12-15

The race is on Saturday so they park all the race vehicles, trophy trucks to the buggies, on the Malicon on Friday. You can walk around eat, drink and check them out.

My Daughter and son in law will be coming. I will have room for about 6-8 more in beds, couches or mats on the floor. First ones to post up get the beds. If you want privacy there are a ton of hotels in town. I would be happy to lead you right to downtown. I will post a link. I recommend early booking because this is one of the biggest races in Baja as far as participation goes.

You will want to get Mexican auto insurance before you cross the border, I usually do this in Calexico there are a ton of places. This can also be done on the internet in advance. It usually costs about $50 for 40k of coverage for the weekend. Gas will be your biggest expense. (3 to 4 tanks) There is fuel in Baja. I have burned it in my Jeep many times with no problems. If you have a trailer and wish to bring other off road toys this is the place for it. In the jeeps we can check out many places along the race course.

We will also be stopping at the duty free store on the way down. Here, you will find many tax free items and it is a good place to stock up on booze.

There have been recent reports of violence in Mexico. I have heard more of it on the pacific side. I and other friends have been many times and over the holidays and have not had any problems.

The weather will be spectacular this time of year. There are pools. Beachs and tennis courts as well as golfing for those so inclined. There will be a party at Lensmans house upon arrival.

I will be heading down on Thursday time-TBA this way I can check out the race cars and party on Friday. I would be happy to lead a caravan I have gone down here hundreds of times and know the way well. You will also need a License and Birth certificate. This is for crossing back into USA. Passports will speed things up.

This guided tour will be a memorable experience; some might call it a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Here is a post with all the information you will need,
http://www.sanfelipe.com.mx/business/index.html

race info as it becomes available.
http://www.score-international.com/r..._250/2009.aspx

List
Lensman & Lenswoman
Puddlz & Wife(Puddlet)
Danny & Julie

Here a couple of teaser pics. Enjoy

More teasers to follow.

Rubicon Unlimited, Rescue Green, Warn bumper, Aux lighting, Warn Powerplant, Warn dif protecectors, Rock Hard Rear Bumper all accessories, 5.38, 37x12.50MT on 17"Moto Metals, Edelbrock Extreme Travel shocks, Russell ext S,S, brake lines, Superlift 4'' CAI, Magna Flow, Cobra CB, Staun deflators, Huskey mats, Grab Handles, set up to flat tow, Oil, tranny, shock, muffler & control arm skids, , Chrome, sils, grill inserts & light cages.

Last edited by Lensman; 01-16-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 01-16-2009, 07:51 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

OK Paul,

Put Me and the wife down as being in.
post #3 of 24 Old 01-16-2009, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Todays Picture Crazy mini vacation

Rubicon Unlimited, Rescue Green, Warn bumper, Aux lighting, Warn Powerplant, Warn dif protecectors, Rock Hard Rear Bumper all accessories, 5.38, 37x12.50MT on 17"Moto Metals, Edelbrock Extreme Travel shocks, Russell ext S,S, brake lines, Superlift 4'' CAI, Magna Flow, Cobra CB, Staun deflators, Huskey mats, Grab Handles, set up to flat tow, Oil, tranny, shock, muffler & control arm skids, , Chrome, sils, grill inserts & light cages.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 01-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

wow, jealouse. That looks like a ton of fun!
post #5 of 24 Old 01-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Granite Guru

The Baja 250 is a great time. Here is a couple of my photographs from past.

Justin

2006 Adventure Trailers Chaser #15
2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited(Sold)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
post #6 of 24 Old 01-16-2009, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Beachin shots. Were you running chase?

post #7 of 24 Old 01-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Granite Guru

Thanks, My brother and I spent about 6 years going down just watching and chasing the action around. It gave us a great reason to go explore Baja. Unfortunately with all the problems down in Mexico right now we have been a little uneasy about going. The past year we have taken off.

Your post has me thinking about the 250. Have you been down to Gonzaga Bay/ Coco's Corner. That is a great drive.

Justin

post #8 of 24 Old 01-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Granite Guru

Anything goes in Baja!!!!

Nothing like being close to the action.

Justin

post #9 of 24 Old 01-16-2009, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Its on my to do list with Mikes Sky ranch. Don't have enough time off to get to do all this stuff. You should join us.

post #10 of 24 Old 01-19-2009, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

A new pic for today

post #11 of 24 Old 01-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Granite Guru

And a new one from my collection. Enjoy! Thanks for the offer to join you down in Baja. I need to get me passport up to date. I will keep it in mind.

Justin

post #12 of 24 Old 01-28-2009, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Friday Mornings activity

post #13 of 24 Old 01-29-2009, 04:31 PM
AK
Granite Guru

I am SOOOOOOO going to try to swing this trip.

This is where my wife and I met 10 years ago to this weekend.......

drunk in the Crocodile!

Maybee she will be down for a little nostalgia with the kids

AK
Let's go wheelin!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Unlimited Sahara
Black Auto 5.13's
post #14 of 24 Old 01-29-2009, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK View Post
I am SOOOOOOO going to try to swing this trip.

This is where my wife and I met 10 years ago to this weekend.......

drunk in the Crocodile!

Maybee she will be down for a little nostalgia with the kids
AK you and your family will be welcome.. I still remember, you were there when I needed a bumper. I bring the kids all the time. There is a lot to do with them. My 14 year old son. 6 year old grandson and 1 year old grand daughter will be there as well. They will be staying in the toy hauler trailer parked next to the house.

What are the ages of your children?

post #15 of 24 Old 01-29-2009, 05:55 PM
AK
Granite Guru

AJ is almost 4 and Lauren is 6 mos.

As soon as the wife comes home I am hitting her up!

AK
Let's go wheelin!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Unlimited Sahara
Black Auto 5.13's
post #16 of 24 Old 01-31-2009, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Cool................

post #17 of 24 Old 02-01-2009, 07:05 AM
AK
Granite Guru

WE'RE OUT!

The wife actually works for the company that provides all of the medial coverage for SCORE and they are talking about not going this year because of the Cartel violence. That being said, we are not going for the same reason

Maybee when the Mexican Govt. gets a handle on things we can plan another trip!

AK
Let's go wheelin!

07 Unlimited Sahara
Black Auto 5.13's
post #18 of 24 Old 02-01-2009, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK View Post
The wife actually works for the company that provides all of the medial coverage for SCORE and they are talking about not going this year because of the Cartel violence. That being said, we are not going for the same reason

Maybee when the Mexican Govt. gets a handle on things we can plan another trip!
Wow sorry to hear that

post #19 of 24 Old 02-04-2009, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

We have gone down 20 times since the reports of violence. Most seems to be on the pacific side. There have been some incidents’ on the Sea side, as there is in everyday life. People still get robbed and jacked in USA. We have not had 1 close encounter. I will not say it couldn't happen but I find it unlikely.

We look forward to our trips south of the boarder and have always been treated well when we go.

Going so far
Lensmans Lenswoman, Lenson
Lensdaughter Lensoninlaw Lensbaby lensboy
Friend of Lensdaughter
Lensbrother Lensisterinlaw & 2 lensnephews

So I now have a full house. All comers are welcome however you must book a hotel by using the link to San Felipe in the first post I will be glad to lead the way down and show you around when we get there. Don't be afraid to live your life. Here is another pic.

post #20 of 24 Old 02-15-2009, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Pic of the week

post #21 of 24 Old 03-11-2009, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Leaving tomorow at 3:00pm Race starts Sat. Car will be lined up on the Malecon on Friday.

http://www.score-international.com/races/

post #22 of 24 Old 03-11-2009, 08:37 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Lensman,

If you see a driver by the name of Mike Horner down there, piss in his gas tank for me.

Stay safe, buddy. And don't forget your kevlar.
post #23 of 24 Old 03-11-2009, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Why am I gonna piss in his gas tank?

Don't need kevlar. Been goin down on this side for months no probs.

Thanks

post #24 of 24 Old 03-11-2009, 10:16 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lensman View Post
Why am I gonna piss in his gas tank?
Because I used to work with him and he's an asshat. That and most of the other drivers hate him from what I've heard (which wouldn't surprise me).

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode