NorCal Snow Run ... 1/17 or 1/24 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 01-14-2009, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

NorCal Snow Run ... 1/17 or 1/24

I'm thinking about doing a snow run either this Saturday or next. Looking at something out of Nevada City on Hwy 49 or Hwy 20 - Henness Pass, Chalk Bluff, Graniteville Road, Snow Tent or ??? Even something along the 80 corridor? I'm open to ideas.

Anyone interested? It would be fun to meet some of the NorCal JKO guys and get out and play in the snow.

Post up if you're interested and we'll see if we can put something together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-15-2009, 07:48 PM
JKO Addict!

A snow run would be fun. I can't make it this month. The middle of February works for me. Count me in if that works. After that our group is planning a Johnson Valley trip in April. No details yet.
post #3 of 9 Old 01-15-2009, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I'd be game for another snow run in February. I've got to work a couple of Saturday's, but its flexible. Let's plan on it.

Talked to a couple of guys about doing Yuba Gap off if I-80 this Saturday. Looking for more rigs though and would be fun to have some JK's along.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 01-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Rock God

This weekend I'll be up in Nevada City for the Cal4wheel Winter Fun Fest so there will probably be alot of Jeeps running around. If I like it I might come up again though. Any local info you can give me?
post #5 of 9 Old 01-16-2009, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
This weekend I'll be up in Nevada City for the Cal4wheel Winter Fun Fest so there will probably be alot of Jeeps running around. If I like it I might come up again though. Any local info you can give me?
Great! You'll have a fun time. The weather has been crazy warm here - upper 60's and even low 70's. Not the best for snow conditions. Great weather for a topless snow run though. There is still plenty of snow at the higher elevations, just wetter and heaver than normal.

You probably already have hotel reservations and I think the meals are included in the registration for Winter Fun Fest, but if you want any restaurant ideas or anything else, give me a call. I'll pm you my number. I'll be headed over to the fairgrounds after work tonight, so may see you there.
post #6 of 9 Old 01-21-2009, 09:38 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutru2449 View Post
Bump! .
Dude,
PIMP
PIMP
PIMP
Yellow star
PIMP

Last edited by usmcdoc14; 01-23-2009 at 03:31 AM.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutru2449 View Post
STOP QUOTING THE SPAMMER PLEASE !!
wow is

~Richard & The Goddess~
Current Mods: 2.5 BB Teraflex Lift, 35" Nittos, 16"X8" MB Wheels, On-Board Air, Flo Master Exhaust, Power Inverter (800w), Evap Canister Relocation, WOODS S. S. relocation bracket, WOODS Rear Axle, Mopar Hitch, CB, Happy Bunny mud flaps!

Last edited by usmcdoc14; 01-23-2009 at 03:32 AM.
post #8 of 9 Old 01-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Wheeler

24th sounds good let me know...
post #9 of 9 Old 01-23-2009, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
24th sounds good let me know...
My daughter has her first basketball game Saturday afternoon ... so dad needs to be there. May be able to do a half day run though if we can get a few rigs together. I'd just need to be back in town by 2 or so.

I joined up with Cal4Wheel's Winter Fun Fest last weekend. We ran their Frostbite Extreme trail, which takes the Henness Pass Road out of the Allegany area. The snow started out about 18" deep and was around 4' deep when we turned around. There was a shady section that turned into a strap and winch fest as everyone broke through the crust and sunk into the 'sugar snow'. 4-7psi was the order for the day, trying to float on top of the snow. We had a great time though! I met Eugene at the fairgrounds that night and it sounds like he had fun run too. Beautiful day! I'll have to see if my daughter got any pictures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode