Anyone have a set of Stock JKU Rubi springs? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 06-19-2011, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Anyone have a set of Stock JKU Rubi springs?

If someone has a set they would like to get out of their garage, I'd like to take them off your hands. Free is always good, will trade quality beer or wrench help also.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-20-2011, 05:12 AM
Rock God

If you can wait a week I'll see if I still have mine.

07 X - Flame Red - 6 Speed - 5.13s - 37x12.50 MTR/Ks - ProComp 7069s 17x9
RK 3.5" X-Factor LA - WTOR Hydro Assist - Rubicon Axles F&R - Trussed & HD Brackets
PSC Flares, OR-Fab Front Bumper, Genright Rear Bumper, Poly Sliders w/ PSC Armor
post #3 of 12 Old 06-20-2011, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Zero rush man, thank you for even looking.

Quote:
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 06-20-2011, 08:38 AM
Rock God

I've got mine with the shocks.

Aaron
2008 JK Unlimited Rubicon
post #5 of 12 Old 06-20-2011, 10:13 AM
Granite Guru

I've got mine also... down in Tucson though...

2008 Steel Blue JK Unlimited Rubicon
RE 4.5" LA
37" KM2's on 17x8.5 MB72's
Poly Tie Rod, Poly Steering Relo, Poly Draglink
5.13's, C-Gussets
3-7" HIDx HID's
2-4" HIDx HID's
Crossed Up Offroad Custom Winch Bumper
sPOD system, Cobra 75
Mopar Transmission Cooler
post #6 of 12 Old 06-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Rock God

non rubi

I have a set, they are jku x "s" package which I think are same as rubis (17" wheels) I'll check numbers if your interested. I also have OME 616s (thats front medium duty) for next to nothin.
post #7 of 12 Old 06-20-2011, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Back story - I think the stock JK height is pathetic. Pretty sure very few would disagree with that statement. I have been looking at the BB's and I keep coming back to this weird aversion to having that spacer in there during extreme articulation despite the retainers on the TF kit. I really want to stay full coil. I have heard that the stock JKU springs on a 2 door will give some lift but I'm still not sure how much.

I am seriously considering just throwing this idea out the window and just order the RK Stock Mod setup as an entry level. Then add the arms and shocks later on. So that's where I sit right now, if anyone wants to add anything positive or negative to this, fire away.

Quote:
post #8 of 12 Old 06-20-2011, 04:10 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Back story - I think the stock JK height is pathetic. Pretty sure very few would disagree with that statement. I have been looking at the BB's and I keep coming back to this weird aversion to having that spacer in there during extreme articulation despite the retainers on the TF kit. I really want to stay full coil. I have heard that the stock JKU springs on a 2 door will give some lift but I'm still not sure how much.

I am seriously considering just throwing this idea out the window and just order the RK Stock Mod setup as an entry level. Then add the arms and shocks later on. So that's where I sit right now, if anyone wants to add anything positive or negative to this, fire away.
That's exactly what I just finished doing. So far I have been nothing but happy with the stock mod kit, granted it's only been on for 2 days now. My stock rubi springs are yours if you want them. If not I'll probably trash them soon.

Aaron
2008 JK Unlimited Rubicon
post #9 of 12 Old 06-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Wheeler

Do you drive to north Phoenix (19th & Dunlap), Gotem!!
post #10 of 12 Old 06-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Wheeler

Drive to North Phoenix (19th Ave and Dunlap) ? Got em. Give a call.
post #11 of 12 Old 06-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Rock God

I'd go with the RK kit, the JKU springs will give maybe 1/2" or so. Like you said too, you can add arms and springs later.

Take it from someone who has gone from stock > JKU springs > JKU springs and spacers > Rusty's springs > Rusty's spring and spacers > RK springs. Just get the ones you want and save the wrench time.

07 X - Flame Red - 6 Speed - 5.13s - 37x12.50 MTR/Ks - ProComp 7069s 17x9
RK 3.5" X-Factor LA - WTOR Hydro Assist - Rubicon Axles F&R - Trussed & HD Brackets
PSC Flares, OR-Fab Front Bumper, Genright Rear Bumper, Poly Sliders w/ PSC Armor
post #12 of 12 Old 06-20-2011, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by axsys View Post
I'd go with the RK kit, the JKU springs will give maybe 1/2" or so. Like you said too, you can add arms and springs later.

Take it from someone who has gone from stock > JKU springs > JKU springs and spacers > Rusty's springs > Rusty's spring and spacers > RK springs. Just get the ones you want and save the wrench time.
1/2"?? Weak sauce. I would have thought at least an inch based on curb weight alone. Steves07jk has a BB he's willing to part with so I will probably run that while I save up for the RK. I'm really, really in love with the 2.5 max travel, but that may be a while if I decide to go that route. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks to all of you who stepped up with the offers, just trying to wheel on a single income with a family of four.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode