Anyone have a set of Stock JKU Rubi springs? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 06-19-2011, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
 
JKCTAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: AZ
Age: 44
Posts: 8,957
Feedback: 2 reviews
Anyone have a set of Stock JKU Rubi springs?

If someone has a set they would like to get out of their garage, I'd like to take them off your hands. Free is always good, will trade quality beer or wrench help also.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
JKCTAZ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 06-20-2011, 05:12 AM
Rock God
 
axsys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Age: 31
Posts: 1,526
Feedback: 2 reviews

If you can wait a week I'll see if I still have mine.

07 X - Flame Red - 6 Speed - 5.13s - 37x12.50 MTR/Ks - ProComp 7069s 17x9
RK 3.5" X-Factor LA - WTOR Hydro Assist - Rubicon Axles F&R - Trussed & HD Brackets
PSC Flares, OR-Fab Front Bumper, Genright Rear Bumper, Poly Sliders w/ PSC Armor
axsys is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 06-20-2011, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
 
JKCTAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: AZ
Age: 44
Posts: 8,957
Feedback: 2 reviews

Zero rush man, thank you for even looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
JKCTAZ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 Old 06-20-2011, 08:38 AM
Rock God
 
snksknr94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 38
Posts: 549
Feedback: 1 reviews

I've got mine with the shocks.

Aaron
2008 JK Unlimited Rubicon
snksknr94 is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 06-20-2011, 10:13 AM
Granite Guru
 
NGINIER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 357
Feedback: 1 reviews

I've got mine also... down in Tucson though...

2008 Steel Blue JK Unlimited Rubicon
RE 4.5" LA
37" KM2's on 17x8.5 MB72's
Poly Tie Rod, Poly Steering Relo, Poly Draglink
5.13's, C-Gussets
3-7" HIDx HID's
2-4" HIDx HID's
Crossed Up Offroad Custom Winch Bumper
sPOD system, Cobra 75
Mopar Transmission Cooler
NGINIER is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 06-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Rock God
 
Catfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tucson
Age: 57
Posts: 1,644
Feedback: 1 reviews
non rubi

I have a set, they are jku x "s" package which I think are same as rubis (17" wheels) I'll check numbers if your interested. I also have OME 616s (thats front medium duty) for next to nothin.
Catfish is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 06-20-2011, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
 
JKCTAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: AZ
Age: 44
Posts: 8,957
Feedback: 2 reviews

Back story - I think the stock JK height is pathetic. Pretty sure very few would disagree with that statement. I have been looking at the BB's and I keep coming back to this weird aversion to having that spacer in there during extreme articulation despite the retainers on the TF kit. I really want to stay full coil. I have heard that the stock JKU springs on a 2 door will give some lift but I'm still not sure how much.

I am seriously considering just throwing this idea out the window and just order the RK Stock Mod setup as an entry level. Then add the arms and shocks later on. So that's where I sit right now, if anyone wants to add anything positive or negative to this, fire away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
JKCTAZ is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 06-20-2011, 04:10 PM
Rock God
 
snksknr94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 38
Posts: 549
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Back story - I think the stock JK height is pathetic. Pretty sure very few would disagree with that statement. I have been looking at the BB's and I keep coming back to this weird aversion to having that spacer in there during extreme articulation despite the retainers on the TF kit. I really want to stay full coil. I have heard that the stock JKU springs on a 2 door will give some lift but I'm still not sure how much.

I am seriously considering just throwing this idea out the window and just order the RK Stock Mod setup as an entry level. Then add the arms and shocks later on. So that's where I sit right now, if anyone wants to add anything positive or negative to this, fire away.
That's exactly what I just finished doing. So far I have been nothing but happy with the stock mod kit, granted it's only been on for 2 days now. My stock rubi springs are yours if you want them. If not I'll probably trash them soon.

Aaron
2008 JK Unlimited Rubicon
snksknr94 is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 06-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Wheeler
 
artiefax31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Phoenix
Age: 70
Posts: 62
Feedback: 0 reviews

Do you drive to north Phoenix (19th & Dunlap), Gotem!!
artiefax31 is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 06-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Wheeler
 
artiefax31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Phoenix
Age: 70
Posts: 62
Feedback: 0 reviews

Drive to North Phoenix (19th Ave and Dunlap) ? Got em. Give a call.
artiefax31 is offline  
post #11 of 12 Old 06-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Rock God
 
axsys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Age: 31
Posts: 1,526
Feedback: 2 reviews

I'd go with the RK kit, the JKU springs will give maybe 1/2" or so. Like you said too, you can add arms and springs later.

Take it from someone who has gone from stock > JKU springs > JKU springs and spacers > Rusty's springs > Rusty's spring and spacers > RK springs. Just get the ones you want and save the wrench time.

07 X - Flame Red - 6 Speed - 5.13s - 37x12.50 MTR/Ks - ProComp 7069s 17x9
RK 3.5" X-Factor LA - WTOR Hydro Assist - Rubicon Axles F&R - Trussed & HD Brackets
PSC Flares, OR-Fab Front Bumper, Genright Rear Bumper, Poly Sliders w/ PSC Armor
axsys is offline  
post #12 of 12 Old 06-20-2011, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
 
JKCTAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: AZ
Age: 44
Posts: 8,957
Feedback: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by axsys View Post
I'd go with the RK kit, the JKU springs will give maybe 1/2" or so. Like you said too, you can add arms and springs later.

Take it from someone who has gone from stock > JKU springs > JKU springs and spacers > Rusty's springs > Rusty's spring and spacers > RK springs. Just get the ones you want and save the wrench time.
1/2"?? Weak sauce. I would have thought at least an inch based on curb weight alone. Steves07jk has a BB he's willing to part with so I will probably run that while I save up for the RK. I'm really, really in love with the 2.5 max travel, but that may be a while if I decide to go that route. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks to all of you who stepped up with the offers, just trying to wheel on a single income with a family of four.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
JKCTAZ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome