Jeeping MOAB March 15th & 16th - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-06-2016, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Question Jeeping MOAB March 15th & 16th

Hi JK Owners!

My wife, two kids, and I are going on our yearly spring break trip to Colorado in March of 2016 and plan on exploring the Moab area in our 08 Sahara JK for the first time on the 15th and 16th. It looks like the skinny tire festival will be going on though and from what I have been reading, many of the trails state they are only open starting in April... Should we be ok with easy trails, or should we just plan on going to Moab another time?

I have always wanted to go to Moab but am a bit nervous since we wont have anyone to go exploring with. Our JK is still pretty stock, but it does have rock rails, off road bumpers, and BFG KM2 tires. Any thoughts? Our trip only allows us these two days before we have to head back to Kansas, but I would love to explore some of what the Moab area has to offer.

Thanks in advance for any input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-07-2016, 05:35 AM
Granite Guru

http://www.rr4w.com

That is the local offroad clubs website. It would be a good place to start and find a contact to get more info...

Have fun. You will be fine with a stock jeep, Moab isn't really that tough. My personal observation was that over the years people with small tires have drug their undercarriage over most of the ledges and "ground down" the rock/sandstone. most of the trails have VERY rounded edges made by folks with smaller tires. Its mostly a situation of "off-camber" obstacles.

Last edited by Stangbuster; 01-08-2016 at 09:15 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-07-2016, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

ok thanks for the info Stangbuster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode