Lift question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-05-2015, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Lift question

Hey everyone!

I'm back from deployment and thinking of getting a new lift. I have a teraflex 2.5" lift currently that is really stiff and jarring while driving offroad or even on-road (especially on Grant....). I'm looking to upgrade to something in the 4" range that helps smooth out the ride but can also still allow me to rock krawl like a boss.

I would like some advice as to what y'all think would be the best lift for this.

So far I've looked at Teraflex's prerunner kit but its only a 3" lift (I thought they used to have a 4" and a 6" prerunner lift too but I can't find them)

I also looked at their LCG Elite lift series with bumpstops and shocks.

And I just saw that Rock Krawler has a 4.5-5.5 Rock Racer lift that looks cool, but has a lot of requirements for it to be compatible for install that I don't think I meet (or even completely understand to be honest).

I'm getting the artec front truss installed by Murray and Gunny for toys for tots on the 12th of December and I am way to ignorant on how a full suspension works and the parts to know what will work with that.

Any help would be appreciated and I'm looking forward to seeing out all out on the trail when I get back from my current TDY!

Black 2012 MW3 4-door Rubi, Teraflex 2.5" lift, Rugged Ridge Wheels, Goodyear Duratrac 35s, Smittybilt XRC GEN2 front and rear bumper, fender armor and rock rails, Custom Grille wrap-Kryptek Typhon Camo, Warn 10-S Zeon Platinum, EVO Full-Protek Skid plates, Cobra 29 LX CB Radio, MetalCloak Fender liners, HIDProjectors Lights, S-pod, Genesis Offroad Dual battery kit, Rigid Industries 50" Light bar

Last edited by Vaydarade; 11-07-2015 at 12:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-05-2015, 01:16 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Why do you insist on 4 inches of lift? With flat fenders and 3 inches of lift you can run 37's. Remember you always want to be the lowest center of gravity you can get.

Call Jon Raush at bullpen garage 520-396-3001. He can point you in a good direction and get you some good prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-05-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaydarade View Post
Hey everyone!

I'm back from deployment and thinking of getting a new lift. I have a teraflex 2.5" lift currently that is really stiff and jarring while driving offroad or even on-road (especially on Grant....). I'm looking to upgrade to something in the 4" range that helps smooth out the ride but can also still allow me to rock krawl like a boss.

I would like some advice as to what y'all think would be the best lift for this.

So far I've looked at Teraflex's prerunner kit but its only a 3" lift (I thought they used to have a 4" and a 6" prerunner lift too but I can't find them)

I also looked at their LCG Elite lift series with bumpstops and shocks.

And I just saw that Rock Krawler has a 4.5-5.5 Rock Racer lift that looks cool, but has a lot of requirements for it to be compatible for install that I don't think I meet (or even completely understand to be honest).

I'm getting the artec front truss installed by Murray for toys for tots on the 12th of December and I am way to ignorant on how a full suspension works and the parts to know what will work with that.

Any help would be appreciated and I'm looking forward to seeing out all out on the trail when I get back from my current TDY!
I guess I am just chopped liver now as well? I might have a slip with the grinder.

Quote:
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 11-05-2015, 04:38 PM
JKowners Vendor

Actually rock krawlers lift net a little higher than advertised to account for all the luggage in weight that is added to these things so you will probably be around 4 inches with a 3.5 lift. Same for most of the other high end lifts. I would recommend a rock Krawler lift I have one and mine and the wife's jeep and rides very well. I have the 3 link in the rear on mine and it is pretty flexy. Jon should be able to hook you up with a good lift
post #5 of 8 Old 11-06-2015, 07:14 AM
JKO Addict!

This link may help you out a bit on education on parts.
http://www.jkfreaks.com/forums/showt...ur-getting-one

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 Old 11-06-2015, 07:37 PM
Mechanic

Give me a call at my shop - need some more information regarding your lift and such. I hopefully can at least point you in the right direction.

Jon R.
Owner, Bullpen Garage
18 E Ventura St
Tucson, AZ 85705
520-396-3001
post #7 of 8 Old 11-07-2015, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
I guess I am just chopped liver now as well? I might have a slip with the grinder.
Woops, sorry, please no slipping! Haha, you are definitely not chopped liver, not at all! He was just the only one I was talking to and I didn't know you were helping him. I went and looked at some of the posts he has made on facebook and sure enough, its clear as day, I just missed it since we were talking primarily over PMs.

Its fixed now.

Black 2012 MW3 4-door Rubi, Teraflex 2.5" lift, Rugged Ridge Wheels, Goodyear Duratrac 35s, Smittybilt XRC GEN2 front and rear bumper, fender armor and rock rails, Custom Grille wrap-Kryptek Typhon Camo, Warn 10-S Zeon Platinum, EVO Full-Protek Skid plates, Cobra 29 LX CB Radio, MetalCloak Fender liners, HIDProjectors Lights, S-pod, Genesis Offroad Dual battery kit, Rigid Industries 50" Light bar

Last edited by Vaydarade; 11-07-2015 at 12:03 PM.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-08-2015, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaydarade View Post
Woops, sorry, please no slipping! Haha, you are definitely not chopped liver, not at all! He was just the only one I was talking to and I didn't know you were helping him. I went and looked at some of the posts he has made on facebook and sure enough, its clear as day, I just missed it since we were talking primarily over PMs.

Its fixed now.
Man you air force types are soft. Looking forward to yanking your axle out in a couple of weeks.

Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode