Fight for your trails, April 28th, Reddington. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 04-16-2014, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Fight for your trails, April 28th, Reddington.

Quote:
To All Wheelers,
Anyone who is concerned with Trail closure's in Reddington, (3 pools, Chimney Rock, etc...) This would be a good place to be, to show OUR Interest, and Concern for these Changes.
If we don't Show an interest, and voice our opinions, We'll have to live with theirs.
Let's not leave to the next guy to speak for us, lets show up and speak for ourselves.
Friends of Redington Pass (FRP) will hold a Community Meeting in April to engage the public in a discussion about the future of Redington Pass. FRP will be developing a Collaborative Area Management Plan proposal to submit to the Forest Service for their consideration and would like to hear from you. Please hold this date open and inform your friends and neighbors of the meeting.

WHEN

Monday, April 28, 2014 from 7:00-9:00 pm

WHERE

The Tanque Verde School Board Building, behind Emily Gray Junior High School at the corner of Tanque Verde Road and Tanque Verde Loop Road.

Tell everyone!
I didnt see a thread for this yet, you guys have been very helpful in organizing against Friends of Reddington. Pass the word.

KOH 2014 finished 18th

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 04-16-2014, 07:49 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashman View Post
I didnt see a thread for this yet, you guys have been very helpful in organizing against Friends of Reddington. Pass the word.
It was posted in the Tucson thread, Sierra vista off road on facebook as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 25 Old 04-16-2014, 07:55 AM

It has been suggested that whoever goes to wear red shirts to show unity.

Quote:
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 04-20-2014, 04:56 AM
JKO Addict!

Yup, thanks Ash. I will be there and will begin the second wave of calling for support.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Originally Posted by van7559
I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
post #5 of 25 Old 04-20-2014, 11:37 AM
Rock God

Here are a few links for you all that are interested in Reddington Pass.

This link is for the proposed changes. Download and read everything! The maps at the bottom are large and will take a little time, but show the area really well. Map 2 is the Reddington Pass one. Then go out with your GPS's and locate where your favorite play areas are and see whats effected.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs...?project=29215

This link is to the part that says public comment time passed March 6,2014.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_...prd3790935.pdf

post #6 of 25 Old 04-21-2014, 06:45 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyd View Post

This link is for the proposed changes. Download and read everything! The maps at the bottom are large and will take a little time, but show the area really well. Map 2 is the Reddington Pass one. Then go out with your GPS's and locate where your favorite play areas are and see whats effected.

Of course the time has passed to do anything productive. However I wonder why the FOR guys are still working on things? Must be they know something that we don't?

I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
post #7 of 25 Old 04-21-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M's View Post
Of course the time has passed to do anything productive. However I wonder why the FOR guys are still working on things? Must be they know something that we don't?
Because they are fucking douchebags.

Quote:
Quote:
post #8 of 25 Old 04-21-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:

It looks like they are going to decommission part of the trail around chimney rock and reroute it around it. Chimney rock trail is #4438 until it gets to Alamo springs which is 4431 and then it is 4431 to chimney rock play area.

Quote:
Quote:
post #9 of 25 Old 04-21-2014, 07:08 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M's View Post

I read many web sites that featured something from the FORP and it seems "well at least to postings" that the intent is on the shooting ranges trashy areas ect. Which might be a good thing since there are so many inconsiderate people out there.

As for the road closures Jim, they are still many years off! By the time they close Chimney you'll be tired of going out there....

But hay, someone go to the meetings and ask them about the Forestry Road Management plan and ask what they are doing?
Here is a link to the final CAT reports. I wasn't part of up there, but I was on the CAT team for Sierra Vista.. Belive me, nothing really got decided with all the different tree huggers and such!
http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/corona...telprdb5371187

Last edited by Randyd; 04-21-2014 at 07:13 PM.
post #10 of 25 Old 04-22-2014, 04:44 AM
JKO Addict!

Well my understanding was that the proposed detours and closures and such were being presented for the 2015 travel management plan.

In the Redington Pass area the hot spots are the Chiva Falls trail from the turnoff just before oh shit hill, the Tanque Verde wash from the drop in point all the way up to Three Ponds and the Chimney Rock play area.

When I met with the forest service, the OHV parks and rec guy and FOR's environmental attorney, the most concerned party was the FOR guys with the forest service second in line. FOR's game plan or desire is to close the Chiva trail at the turn off where you drop down to go up to the fall just before oh shit hill. They want everyone out of there.

They also want to see the Tanque Verde wash completely closed from the drop down up to Three Ponds. They would also like to see the west loop closed but I think for now that isn't as hot on their radar although they would like to see parts of the loop closed in a sneak attack to create a dead end road hence putting it on the forest service radar for closure. Reason being is that the forest service is making attempts at closing many of the dead end trails only leaving trails with loops remaining so there is a method to their madness.

The Chimney Rock play area has been officially closed for years but not enforced. The proposal for that area is to build a new bypass completely around the play area closing it off to everyone. I have not seen anything about the Los Alamos trail however it being a dead end does put it on the forest service list at some point.

There is still time to battle this out but understand that at this point the Special Olympians calling themselves "Friends of Redington Pass" have only one interest in mind, closing as much as possible in the area for Offroad type activities and preserving the area strictly for the local homeowners PERIOD!

post #11 of 25 Old 04-22-2014, 07:19 AM
Rock God

Murray the only battle that can go on, is when the proposed changes will go into effect. That is why the public comment time cutoff. Your right about the 2015 management plan, but the problem is actually putting up signage and then the more difficult enforcement part. Like you said chimney has been officially closed for years.

Murray have you actually looked at the maps for the changes? I am not familiar enough with the area to really know. It did look like Chiva was going to remain open.

post #12 of 25 Old 04-24-2014, 10:43 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
With that being said is anybody still going?
post #13 of 25 Old 04-24-2014, 05:54 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3tfury View Post
With that being said is anybody still going?

Of course people are going. Nothing was mentioned about shooting ranges and where to throw dirty diapers..

post #14 of 25 Old 04-24-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Of course people are going. Nothing was mentioned about shooting ranges and where to throw dirty diapers..
I thought the diapers got thrown in Toyota prius's windows at stop lights.

Quote:
Quote:
post #15 of 25 Old 04-24-2014, 09:10 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
I thought the diapers got thrown in Toyota prius's windows at stop lights.
Well they do of course. But crap, there's way to many diapers and not enough Priuses! LOL

post #16 of 25 Old 04-25-2014, 02:36 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Dirty diapers you say?

I'm in.
post #17 of 25 Old 04-25-2014, 03:16 PM
Wheeler

Dont forget, we are wearing red shirts, right?
post #18 of 25 Old 04-25-2014, 04:38 PM

Correct.

Quote:
Quote:
post #19 of 25 Old 04-28-2014, 04:36 PM
Rock God

Garage

Well guys, I can't make it tonight.

Wife's sick, Son's working late so I have to babt sit the grandson.

For those that are going: THANK YOU!

If you are going through hell, keep going.

- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
post #20 of 25 Old 04-29-2014, 07:01 AM
Rock God

Garage

Well, how's things go last night?

If you are going through hell, keep going.

- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
post #21 of 25 Old 04-29-2014, 08:36 AM
Wheeler

Things went okay yesterday. Not a lot of hostility which was good. The intent of the meeting was to show who the FRP is and what their Mission statement is. Secondary to that was to get an idea of what areas of Reddington are being used and for what kind of activities. There was an opportunity for a question and answer period which went as most question and answer periods go. Questions were asked, questions were answered, not always to the satisfaction of the person asking the question.
I believe the most important thing to come out of the meeting is that we need to have an organized 4x4 or off road or whatever you want to call it group that fights for trails and areas to stay open for what we like to use them for (offroading). A few of us have begun the planning to get this organized group together. I hope that we can get the info out to as many offroaders as possible and we can get our numbers up to a point where our voice is louder than the voices of those who would want to close trails to motorized travel.
Anyways, good meeting, no one died.
post #22 of 25 Old 04-29-2014, 08:47 AM
JKO Addict!

So yes....meeting went well and as Fernie said, we need to organize. I have been letting these things take a backseat to my business and realize that I must step up and start initiating a little more of a proactive stance.

Over the next month Fernie and I will begin putting together a better plan for our masses to unite and begin showing a more unified presence with our FOR counterparts.

We already have some good solid support out there however it may be that our voice is a little different than most and it is our differences that make us a unique part of what DOES work in the areas in question.

So please stand by as we begin setting things up and also please be prepared to do a little work along with those of us willing to spend the time fighting for your land use rights.

Thanks to all that attended!

post #23 of 25 Old 04-29-2014, 08:53 AM
Granite Guru

I couldn't get out of work because of a freaking crisis. So, to make up for my lack up support yesterday, I upgraded to a Land Warrior account this morning.

Being on call 24/7/365 can be a PITA.
Attached Images

post #24 of 25 Old 04-29-2014, 06:35 PM
Wheeler

Some of my wheeling friends from Offroad Passport up in Phoenix attended a TRAL (Tonto Recreational Alliance) event at the Lower Sycamore area over the weekend.

I'm not sure if we have any sort of equivalent group for the Coronado Forest area but it looks like a worthy model to follow and may be a good resource for information on how to get started with forming a cohesive group. Maybe even some sort of partnership to make this more state wide? We could call it CRALL (Coronado Recreational Alliance)

At least their mission and bylaws are out in the open for everyone to see...

Jeff from AZ State OHV is a good resource as well. It was cool of him to take the trip down from Phoenix to attend the meeting and drive back up the same night.

http://offroadpassport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3522

http://www.tontorecreationalliance.org/

2002 GC Overland

4.5" Clayton Long Arm Lift, 5100 Bilstein Shocks, JKS ATB and Discos, KOR Belly Skid and Rock Sliders, 285/75-16 Cooper STT on JK Steelies, Other Stuff
post #25 of 25 Old 04-30-2014, 05:29 AM
JKO Addict!

We will get this all together and it will be good. All I will ask of everyone is to join up and get involved at some level. That is the first step.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode