Cell providers in AZ. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 02-28-2014, 05:03 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Cell providers in AZ.

OK just got our more recent bill from verizon and I was appalled to see my bill was 220.00 bucks for 2 phones. The wife in grandfathered in with all the the unlimited shit, and with mine its 9.95 for the line, 50 for the monthly plan plus 10 because I go over my data slightly every month. But $220.00 you gotta be fucking kidding me that's a car payment(shitty car).

So I would like to open this to the masses and see what cell providers people like/dislike in AZ? We are not 100% set on going to another cell provider but that's definitely pending what Verizon tells us when we ask about our ass raping bill. :thumbdown:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 02-28-2014, 05:16 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolltidejk View Post
OK just got our more recent bill from verizon and I was appalled to see my bill was 220.00 bucks for 2 phones. The wife in grandfathered in with all the the unlimited shit, and with mine its 9.95 for the line, 50 for the monthly plan plus 10 because I go over my data slightly every month. But $220.00 you gotta be fucking kidding me that's a car payment(shitty car).

So I would like to open this to the masses and see what cell providers people like/dislike in AZ? We are not 100% set on going to another cell provider but that's definitely pending what Verizon tells us when we ask about our ass raping bill. :thumbdown:
We have been happy with AT&T service. They now have a new plan that has unlimited talk, unlimited text and 10GB data for $130. I can't remember if that is with a contract or not. Link below. If 10GB shared data is not enough, you can up it. 20GB = $150 etc.

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/dat...id=lDeNHYP1G04

Last edited by azxr; 02-28-2014 at 06:03 AM.
post #3 of 27 Old 02-28-2014, 05:49 PM
Rock God

I got Verizon share plan. 2 lines unlim text, minuets, 4gig data.. $170.00 mo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 02-28-2014, 06:20 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyd View Post
I got Verizon share plan. 2 lines unlim text, minuets, 4gig data.. $170.00 mo.
X2 but share 4 gigs of data

post #5 of 27 Old 02-28-2014, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jquise2423 View Post
X2 but share 4 gigs of data

That's what we have now. But when the bill mysteriously jumps 40 bucks and they tell me that's just what it is. Fuck that!!

post #6 of 27 Old 02-28-2014, 06:34 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

http://www.accesswireless.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #7 of 27 Old 02-28-2014, 06:35 PM
Rock God

Quote:
That's what we have now. But when the bill mysteriously jumps 40 bucks and they tell me that's just what it is. Fuck that!!

Well look at the bill and see why it so high....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 27 Old 02-28-2014, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Hahaha fuck off!!

post #9 of 27 Old 02-28-2014, 06:48 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

In all seriousness, I am very happy with T-mobile. I refuse to take on a car payment sized cell phone bill. I have two lines unlimited talk/text and 2.5gb of 4g data for around 95 bucks a month.

Quote:
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
post #10 of 27 Old 03-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
In all seriousness, I am very happy with T-mobile. I refuse to take on a car payment sized cell phone bill. I have two lines unlimited talk/text and 2.5gb of 4g data for around 95 bucks a month.
The wife and I have 3 lines, unlit talk and text, and like 5 gig of data for like $110 at T-mobile. I will say this as I have a verizon work phone. Verizons network and coverage is WAY better than anyones else's, T-mobile included. There are times that I get full 3G coverage on my Verizona iPhone that I don't even get roaming coverage on my 4G T-mobile. But my T-mobile is good for 95% of what I need.

MY CARSSupercharged, armored, and lifted White 2010 TRD SPORT DCSB 6spd 4x4, Silver 2004 Rubicon Unlimited lifted locked on 35" Toyo's, Red 67 Pontiac Firebird 400 convertible

MY TOYSRed 2002 Ducati 998s, Grey 2009 MV Agusta 312RR (WRECKED)Black 2005 999s (SOLD), 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100s (SOLD), 2005 Yamaha WR450, 2007 Yamaha Raptor 700R
post #11 of 27 Old 03-02-2014, 11:06 AM
Rock God

How much is coverage worth.

We have AT&T and have been happy with them for the most part. But some of the folks that we wheel with have had connectivity with verizon out in the middle of nowhere when we didnt.
post #12 of 27 Old 03-02-2014, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

We went to all the major providers yesterday and really liked what At&t had to offer. We are considering them heavily at the moment. I'm more than likely going to go with the Note 3. But the wife is an iPhone addict, she just doesn't know if she should stay with that or look at another compatible phone. What say you Chris(JKCTAZ) your a tech freak.

post #13 of 27 Old 03-02-2014, 01:35 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

It's hugely a personal preference decision for most. I have decided that Samsung (aka Wallet Vacuum Corporation) has the best balance of hardware specs, design, and usefullness. I have had two people close to me decide to leave the Apple camp after using a GS4 for the first time. One of those guys is my Brother. He was convinced Apple was the be all, end all choice in mobile smart devices. He needed to get a new device for work and was dead set on a new 5s to demote his 4s to work duty and keep the 5s for personal use. He surprised the hell out of me when he chose the GS4 instead. He hasn't stopped complimenting it since he got it. My other close friend/coworker was the same story, 4s to GS4, dumped iTunes afterwards, won't go back to iPrison.

Then there is this.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXX_35xy8Rc

Historically you see very few Gorilla Glass equipped Sammy's with broken screens, but, you can't go more that a day without seeing some clown with broken back glass or front glass on the iPhone. The shitty part with AL bodies is they aren't forgiving and one a corner is dented, get ready to use a Dremel to fit the replacement glass back in. I know of one person with a GS4 that broke his display glass from a normal drop and he said it was a fluke angle in which it hit and he caused it by trying to catch it.

Some of my personal favorite features on Galaxy devices:

* 20 dollar adapter adds host usb on the GS3, GS4, Both Notes, and many of their tablets. That means I can access information on thumb drives and digital cameras away from home on vacation, etc. Access to keyboard and mice which turns your phone into a mini computer.

* On device file manager to move files around, rename, transfer, etc.

* On device photo editing (◊1000 on the Note3 with Autodesk Sketchbook)

* On device video trimming and editing.

* Memory expansion.

* Battery life and battery swaps.

* Screen size, oh man, screen size.

* MicroUSB ports, not proprietary.

Apple is decent stuff, I just don't view it as useful with its limited capabilites away from iTunes and a computer.

Quote:
post #14 of 27 Old 03-02-2014, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Beautiful! thanks for the info!!

post #15 of 27 Old 03-02-2014, 02:09 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Beautiful! thanks for the info!!

No problem, Brother!

Quote:
post #16 of 27 Old 03-02-2014, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

The wife is huge into photos and the editing capabilities, so we might be able to de-apple her into the note 3 or the GS4.

post #17 of 27 Old 03-02-2014, 02:21 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Apple can't touch Sammy on the built in photo editor. Crop, Resize, Rotate, Color, Effects (typical filters and enhancements), renaming, and some other sticker type effects all on board.

Quote:
post #18 of 27 Old 03-02-2014, 04:27 PM
Granite Guru

If you go with AT&T and get the phone from them you have 14 days to return it if you don't like it. As long as it is not damaged and you are willing to pay $35, you can try another phone.

Some things to think about.

1. How much time and money does she already have into the apps? You will have to find and/or purchase the equivalent and get them set up.
2. How does she use the phone. Android is nice but things do work differently. Does she want to take the time to relearn a different OS?

I had a S4 for a while but found it too large for a phone. I liked it a lot, but I found that when I put it in my front pocket, it would bend when lifting my leg to get in the Jeep. I also like to be able to hold the phone with one hand and use my thumb for doing everything. I couldn't do that with the S4. So although I liked it a lot, it did fit my everyday use.

Also the S5 was just recently announced and should be available in a few weeks. If you do go for the Samsung, you may want to see if the S5 is any better than a S4.
post #19 of 27 Old 03-02-2014, 04:30 PM
Granite Guru

I have both an IPhone 4S for work and a S4 for my personal. I prefer the S4. I just wish others coverage was as good as Verizon but Verizons customer service is the DEVIL.

MY CARSSupercharged, armored, and lifted White 2010 TRD SPORT DCSB 6spd 4x4, Silver 2004 Rubicon Unlimited lifted locked on 35" Toyo's, Red 67 Pontiac Firebird 400 convertible

MY TOYSRed 2002 Ducati 998s, Grey 2009 MV Agusta 312RR (WRECKED)Black 2005 999s (SOLD), 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100s (SOLD), 2005 Yamaha WR450, 2007 Yamaha Raptor 700R
post #20 of 27 Old 03-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Granite Guru

verizon is too big for their britches. That said Jim has the s4. seems to like it. I just ordered 2 more yesterday, cheaper since the s5 is coming out.. I hate verizon but the coverage is good here. Tmobile has crappy service here. Thats who we had when we moved here from Yuma. I loved Tmobile but We had to sit on the curb to get any service. Couldn't get service in house at all. Tmobile said there was a tower right down the street from us... My answer... Why am I talking to you from the curb then... we had to switch.
post #21 of 27 Old 03-02-2014, 04:55 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

T-mo: They do have WiFi calling built in to all of their latest handsets. I can use my home broadband to make automatic VOIP calls.

Quote:
post #22 of 27 Old 03-04-2014, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

We are at At&t now and the wife fell in love with the GS4 Active. So my job de appleing her is complete.

post #23 of 27 Old 03-04-2014, 02:24 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

What are you getting?

Quote:
post #24 of 27 Old 03-04-2014, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Ended up with the note 3

post #25 of 27 Old 03-04-2014, 06:06 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Another convert. The only issue you might have with it, if you pocket carry, is this.

http://www.infotales.com/samsung-gal...nsor-issue-fix

The Note 3 carries a 12 month MFG warranty, so I opted to replace mine, although blowing the area around the earpiece with canned air did temporarily solve the issue. On the replacement, I masked off the grille and top edge of the earpiece grille along with the rest of the screen and then pushed a tiny amount of silicone into the paper thin gap between the bottom portion of the ear piece grille and the display glass. That seems to have solved the issue because the new one hasn't shown any dust particles in the sensor area and I have been carrying it as usual for weeks now.

I also recommend this case, works great and I love the quick view window.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy...3+active+cover

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode