Chimney night run on the 31st. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 107 Old 08-15-2013, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Chimney night run on the 31st.

Guess we'll get this thread started to not cloud up the others. Just wondering who is all going and who is planning on camping. I think we are going to try camping but we are going up Friday night. I find it hard to make myself want to camp for just one night. So I figured I'd take my munchkin for her first camping trip.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 107 Old 08-15-2013, 11:15 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolltidejk View Post
Guess we'll get this thread started to not cloud up the others. Just wondering who is all going and who is planning on camping. I think we are going to try camping but we are going up Friday night. I find it hard to make myself want to camp for just one night. So I figured I'd take my munchkin for her first camping trip.

If you find yourself hard for just one night when camping then you may need some little blue pills. Either that or Ken with lots of booze in him getting all grab ass and shit...

I'll be there. Although your a little fucked up on the official time and date thing (I assume you are going to go up Friday night and get in an extra night of camping?). Rich is gonna go and he's gonna camp with us. Since he works during the day on Saturday 31st, we are going to head up Saturday night...that's S...A...T...U...R...D...A...Y, NIGHT! (okay fuckers, what movie is that from?)

Actually, Rich and I will be heading up as soon as he gets off work Saturday afternoon to set up camp (of course you probably already went over this with him right?). I would guess that everyone should meet at the Tanque Verde Circle K at 6:30pm and leave at 7:00pm. Go in Bellota Ranch rd. to the Chimney Rock play area. Play around with camping to follow. We can also play in the morning Sunday for a little bit before heading out.

Unless something has changed with Rich's schedule then this is the plan. Hopefully it's not confusing to people.

Recap;

Chimney Rock night run...

Meeting place:
Tanque Verde Circle K

Meeting time:
6:30pm, departing at 7:00pm

For those who are going to meet BEFORE the night run and set up camp

Pre-camp set up:
Probably somewhere between 4:00-6:00pm at Chimney Rock, depending on interest. We can figure this out a little more if need be. My plan however is to be at Chimney Rock around 4-5pm to set up camp and relax a little before the night run.

Originally Posted by van7559
I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
post #3 of 107 Old 08-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Rock God

How old is the munchkin? My son Forest (almost 8) has often been the only kid on camping and our other daytrips for the last few years. If I knew other kids would be there I'd have a better chance of going and bringing him along.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 107 Old 08-15-2013, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
How old is the munchkin? My son Forest (almost 8) has often been the only kid on camping and our other daytrips for the last few years. If I knew other kids would be there I'd have a better chance of going and bringing him along.
She is 7, will be 8 in November. If you can make it I'm sure my daughter would love it if someone her age was there. I remember going hunting/camping with my dad around that age and I hated the down time.

post #5 of 107 Old 08-15-2013, 01:31 PM
Rock God

That's great to hear. There's alot of runs to choose between so we'll have to see. It would be great to get them together one of these times! If we do go it would be early to set up camp and play. I'll post if we are in....
post #6 of 107 Old 08-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

are we doing the trail or just the play area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #7 of 107 Old 08-15-2013, 02:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
are we doing the trail or just the play area?
Just the play area. Unless everyone really, really wants to do the entire run. If that's the case then maybe meet a little earlier to head in from the far side. Personally I was just looking for the play area (yeah I know, aren't we all).

Anybody????

I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
post #8 of 107 Old 08-19-2013, 02:47 PM

Anybody down for running the trail from east to west that night. Not trying to hijack your play time.

Quote:
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #9 of 107 Old 08-19-2013, 03:52 PM
Granite Guru

I am sure the wife and I will be going, might even be bringing my 8 year old daughter if you guys bring your kids. It will be a good introduction to camping for her. The wife loves that spot, we went camping there before the heat hit.

MY CARSSupercharged, armored, and lifted White 2010 TRD SPORT DCSB 6spd 4x4, Silver 2004 Rubicon Unlimited lifted locked on 35" Toyo's, Red 67 Pontiac Firebird 400 convertible

MY TOYSRed 2002 Ducati 998s, Grey 2009 MV Agusta 312RR (WRECKED)Black 2005 999s (SOLD), 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100s (SOLD), 2005 Yamaha WR450, 2007 Yamaha Raptor 700R
post #10 of 107 Old 08-19-2013, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
I am sure the wife and I will be going, might even be bringing my 8 year old daughter if you guys bring your kids. It will be a good introduction to camping for her. The wife loves that spot, we went camping there before the heat hit.
As of now kiddo is included.

post #11 of 107 Old 08-20-2013, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

My buddy just mentioned that the BLM has closed Chimney to motor vehicles and are ticketing. Has anyone heard this? I looked at the BLM website as well as friends of redington and nothing said they have.

post #12 of 107 Old 08-20-2013, 08:55 PM
Granite Guru

interesting... I couldnt find anything on any site about it. Thats gotta be hard for them to do because its a ranch access and open range area so it would be hard for them to do.

MY CARSSupercharged, armored, and lifted White 2010 TRD SPORT DCSB 6spd 4x4, Silver 2004 Rubicon Unlimited lifted locked on 35" Toyo's, Red 67 Pontiac Firebird 400 convertible

MY TOYSRed 2002 Ducati 998s, Grey 2009 MV Agusta 312RR (WRECKED)Black 2005 999s (SOLD), 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100s (SOLD), 2005 Yamaha WR450, 2007 Yamaha Raptor 700R
post #13 of 107 Old 08-20-2013, 09:15 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
My buddy just mentioned that the BLM has closed Chimney to motor vehicles and are ticketing. Has anyone heard this? I looked at the BLM website as well as friends of redington and nothing said they have.

Hmmm...Technically the area has been closed for years but access hasn't been really enforced. Who is your buddy and where did he hear about this closure and ticketing?

post #14 of 107 Old 08-21-2013, 04:42 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M's View Post
Hmmm...Technically the area has been closed for years but access hasn't been really enforced. Who is your buddy and where did he hear about this closure and ticketing?
He works at a fabrication shop in town and says he has talked to some of the BLM guys getting work done at his shop. How much of that is actually true coming from their mouths I don't know. You would figure there would be some sort of mention on their website as popular as Chimney Rock is. I even checked the Game and Fish notes and Nada. So I don't know what to believe I guess next step would be calling the BLM office to confirm.

post #15 of 107 Old 08-21-2013, 05:21 AM

What Murray said.

Quote:
Quote:
post #16 of 107 Old 08-21-2013, 10:51 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
He works at a fabrication shop in town and says he has talked to some of the BLM guys getting work done at his shop. How much of that is actually true coming from their mouths I don't know. You would figure there would be some sort of mention on their website as popular as Chimney Rock is. I even checked the Game and Fish notes and Nada. So I don't know what to believe I guess next step would be calling the BLM office to confirm.

What shop?

I say as usual, go there, camp and play. If any officials want to make a stink about it we are as always, ignorant. I'm sure they will just ask us to leave if we don't act a fool.

I need to get back in touch with Jeff with the AZ State Parks OHV association and find out what might be going on with BLM since this was his hotseat area to extinguish. Also, I need to follow up with the things we really need to be doing down here to help keep our trails open rather than let if fall into the hands of folks like the Friends of Redington Pass...

Of course I will be leaning on everyone to help support whatever it is we need to support for the 2015 Travel Management Plan.

post #17 of 107 Old 08-21-2013, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
What shop?

I say as usual, go there, camp and play. If any officials want to make a stink about it we are as always, ignorant. I'm sure they will just ask us to leave if we don't act a fool.

I need to get back in touch with Jeff with the AZ State Parks OHV association and find out what might be going on with BLM since this was his hotseat area to extinguish. Also, I need to follow up with the things we really need to be doing down here to help keep our trails open rather than let if fall into the hands of folks like the Friends of Redington Pass...

Of course I will be leaning on everyone to help support whatever it is we need to support for the 2015 Travel Management Plan.
Cholla metals.

post #18 of 107 Old 08-21-2013, 10:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Anybody down for running the trail from east to west that night. Not trying to hijack your play time.
Yes, Scott would like to do the trail from east to west with you. Hopefully he will post up here soon and the two of you can arrange it. Maybe Chaz can go with too?

post #19 of 107 Old 08-23-2013, 10:04 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
Hey, do you mind doing the whole chimney run, east to west with Jim and Scott? I'm only camping and playing that night and am looking for an extra rig to go with them.

post #20 of 107 Old 08-23-2013, 09:23 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Hey, do you mind doing the whole chimney run, east to west with Jim and Scott? I'm only camping and playing that night and am looking for an extra rig to go with them.
Depends on what time they want to meet up. My daughter has obligations early afternoon we have to go to first.

post #21 of 107 Old 08-26-2013, 05:49 AM

Quote:
If you find yourself hard for just one night when camping then you may need some little blue pills. Either that or Ken with lots of booze in him getting all grab ass and shit...

I'll be there. Although your a little fucked up on the official time and date thing (I assume you are going to go up Friday night and get in an extra night of camping?). Rich is gonna go and he's gonna camp with us. Since he works during the day on Saturday 31st, we are going to head up Saturday night...that's S...A...T...U...R...D...A...Y, NIGHT! (okay fuckers, what movie is that from?)

Actually, Rich and I will be heading up as soon as he gets off work Saturday afternoon to set up camp (of course you probably already went over this with him right?). I would guess that everyone should meet at the Tanque Verde Circle K at 6:30pm and leave at 7:00pm. Go in Bellota Ranch rd. to the Chimney Rock play area. Play around with camping to follow. We can also play in the morning Sunday for a little bit before heading out.

Unless something has changed with Rich's schedule then this is the plan. Hopefully it's not confusing to people.

Recap;

Chimney Rock night run...

Meeting place:
Tanque Verde Circle K

Meeting time:
6:30pm, departing at 7:00pm

For those who are going to meet BEFORE the night run and set up camp

Pre-camp set up:
Probably somewhere between 4:00-6:00pm at Chimney Rock, depending on interest. We can figure this out a little more if need be. My plan however is to be at Chimney Rock around 4-5pm to set up camp and relax a little before the night run.
Just double checking, you guys are only doing the play area?

Quote:
Quote:
post #22 of 107 Old 08-26-2013, 07:47 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Just double checking, you guys are only doing the play area?
Well Scott is planning on doing the entire east to west run with you. Don't you usually meet at 5:30pm and leave by 6:00pm? Whatever the case may be, I'll let Scott know as soon as you tell me the meeting time.

There may be one or two new guys from the run in Mansfield going too. I think Rich is planning on hitting the campground with me but he may be up for running with you guys too. I"ll check with him today about that. Chaz of course is up in the air till he figures out what time things are wrapping up for him as well as getting a little work done on the jeep. He had some stalling issues and thinks he knows what will fix it but I'm not sure if it will happen or not.

So, again, sounds like at least two for the whole Chimney run east to west. May be two more who pipe in as the week goes by. Give me a meeting time and I'll pass it on to Scott and post it up here too.

post #23 of 107 Old 08-26-2013, 08:09 AM

We will meet at 6:30 and then head out at 7:00 pm. It will put us a little later than usual but no biggie.

Quote:
Quote:
post #24 of 107 Old 08-26-2013, 09:56 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Well Scott is planning on doing the entire east to west run with you. Don't you usually meet at 5:30pm and leave by 6:00pm? Whatever the case may be, I'll let Scott know as soon as you tell me the meeting time.

There may be one or two new guys from the run in Mansfield going too. I think Rich is planning on hitting the campground with me but he may be up for running with you guys too. I"ll check with him today about that. Chaz of course is up in the air till he figures out what time things are wrapping up for him as well as getting a little work done on the jeep. He had some stalling issues and thinks he knows what will fix it but I'm not sure if it will happen or not.

So, again, sounds like at least two for the whole Chimney run east to west. May be two more who pipe in as the week goes by. Give me a meeting time and I'll pass it on to Scott and post it up here too.
Jeep should be fine, even if I dont have parts by then (which I should, see Lower Mansfield thread). Most likely I am just going straight to the campsight. I will be hauling 2 dogs, 2 girls (wife and daughter) and all the excessive gear they feel we need to bring. We might even leave a little earlier since we will be slow going. I just plan on playing around and doing some camping. This is my daughters first time camping EVER so not sure how she will take to not having all her electronic gizmos and creature comforts like a toilet and such. She has WAY to much of her father in her and he is the biggest douche bag pussy you have met.

post #25 of 107 Old 08-26-2013, 11:01 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
We will meet at 6:30 and then head out at 7:00 pm. It will put us a little later than usual but no biggie.
Cool, will pass it on man.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode