We need some help - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 07-23-2013, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

We need some help

Well it happened...James' jeep appears to have given up the ghost on the way home. I think he said he is having it towed back to ElCentro or somewhere near there. He's not 100% sure until he gets it to a shop somewhere but has a strong feeling it is the transfer case.

Guess I'm asking if anyone here has a transfer case or knows of someone that does have one or has seen one on the cheap in the classifieds somewhere.

I told him to post up there in Cali to see if anyone local can help him out first, but if we can poke around here it may be helpful if he can't find anything there.

Don't have a game plan yet but hopefully we can figure something out in the next day or so...

Drop me a PM if you have any leads on parts or any ideas on how we might help him out in a pinch.

Thanks guys
Murray

Originally Posted by van7559
I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 07-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Rock God

I've been on the hunt for one myself. I found one in the for sale section for $850 but it's in Alabama. I was going to try and come up with the funds, but it sounds like he needs it more. I will try to find the link.

MOST JK OWNERS HAVE A LOOSE, LEAKY, SMELLY, SAND FILLED MANGINA SO GO TO YOUR MANOCOLOGIST AND GET IT CLEANED OUT BEFORE I DO IT FOR YOU!!! (The hippie godfather)
post #3 of 29 Old 07-23-2013, 08:15 PM
Rock God

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100426

MOST JK OWNERS HAVE A LOOSE, LEAKY, SMELLY, SAND FILLED MANGINA SO GO TO YOUR MANOCOLOGIST AND GET IT CLEANED OUT BEFORE I DO IT FOR YOU!!! (The hippie godfather)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 Old 07-23-2013, 08:21 PM
Rock God

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85931

post #5 of 29 Old 07-23-2013, 08:37 PM
Granite Guru

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/3947862832.html

2011 Green JK Rubicon Unlimited Purchased 10/18/2011
Previous Jeeps include a 99 TJ Rock Crawler, 74 CJ-5, 06 TJ Rubicon, and a 2001 TJ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 29 Old 07-23-2013, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunneborgc View Post
Sport model t-case. Would be nice to find Rubicon t-case if at all possible.

Keep it comin guys...thanks a bunch!!!

I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
post #7 of 29 Old 07-23-2013, 09:46 PM
JKowners Vendor

Tuere is a brand new rubicon t case on ebay but its in ohio, I have checked craigs list in near by states and didnt see any

Is he hanging out there to see if it can be fixed in a near by shop? Would a tj transfer case work?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Last edited by bigworm36; 07-23-2013 at 09:49 PM.
post #8 of 29 Old 07-23-2013, 10:00 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Push coming to shove, couldn't he just pull his shafts, throw a tow bar on it, and get a tow back from someone with a receiver? Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #9 of 29 Old 07-23-2013, 10:41 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Push coming to shove, couldn't he just pull his shafts, throw a tow bar on it, and get a tow back from someone with a receiver? Just a thought.
I'm actually trying to find a truck and trailer here but I'm not having much luck. U haul does not have the equipment and does not let there trucks go one way..go figure. I'm pretty much stuck in this hell hole for who knows how long? Thanks for everyone s. help I
It is appreciated. keep the ideas coming.

08 Wrangler Rubicon
RE 4.5 LA
37' Coopers
Bulldog Stubby Front bumper
Superior 5:13's
Riddler diff covers
Rigid LED lights
AEV Snorkel
9.5 SuperWinch W/ synthetic line
Superchip
Everything else is just fucked up!
post #10 of 29 Old 07-23-2013, 10:59 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWraith View Post
I'm actually trying to find a truck and trailer here but I'm not having much luck. U haul does not have the equipment and does not let there trucks go one way..go figure. I'm pretty much stuck in this hell hole for who knows how long? Thanks for everyone s. help I
It is appreciated. keep the ideas coming.
I'm talking about a Jeep towbar and someone else with a JK or a truck pull you back off their receiver. If you pulled your drive shafts, you could coast back the whole way under tow vehicle power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #11 of 29 Old 07-23-2013, 11:10 PM
Granite Guru

If you go to car-part.com you can search wrecking yards around the country that have a rubicon transfer case. Just put your information in and hit search. I dont know how fast they can get one to you but its worth calling around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudshovel
I have a Romulan cloaking device, but I am not willing to build more. I would use my flux capacitor, but I need a nuclear reaction to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity I need.

Last edited by Freaky; 07-23-2013 at 11:14 PM.
post #12 of 29 Old 07-23-2013, 11:21 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
I'm talking about a Jeep towbar and someone else with a JK or a truck pull you back off their receiver. If you pulled your drive shafts, you could coast back the whole way under tow vehicle power.
That will work,, just need someone willing. Hopefully I'm out of here tommorow. Just have to see what tommorow brings. I'm by myself with no other jeeps. Tucson is 300 miles home.

08 Wrangler Rubicon
RE 4.5 LA
37' Coopers
Riddler diff covers
Rigid LED lights
AEV Snorkel
Superchip
post #13 of 29 Old 07-24-2013, 04:31 AM
Granite Guru

That sucks... It seems like getting it to Tucson without fixing it would be most feasible. I haven't checked rates, but if someone had a day to spare, they could rent a truck and trailer from uhaul in Tucson and go get them and bring them back. Along those lines, if we could just scrape up a truck and trailer from people here, that would work too. Anyone know anyone with a tow rig?

Even if you found a t case, by the time it was shipped and installed, you'd probably be out more time and money

Also, I just posted up on UA's Offroad group. I know they often trailer rigs to glamis so it might be worth a shot. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2008 Steel Blue JK Unlimited Rubicon
RE 4.5" LA
37" KM2's on 17x8.5 MB72's
Poly Tie Rod, Poly Steering Relo, Poly Draglink
5.13's, C-Gussets
3-7" HIDx HID's
2-4" HIDx HID's
Crossed Up Offroad Custom Winch Bumper
sPOD system, Cobra 75
Mopar Transmission Cooler

Last edited by NGINIER; 07-24-2013 at 04:43 AM.
post #14 of 29 Old 07-24-2013, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I would have offered my truck up but it's scheduled to go into the shop next week for front wheel bearings that have been shot for a couple months now which is why I haven't been driving it. Have to charge the batts as they are dead too from sitting. I should have put it in the shop while we were gone but then I would have had to let one of my guys drive it and they would have just been using it for personal use too so I had to make a judgement call to let it sit till we got back. I hate that my truck has been so unable to do out of town runs. I think this may motivate me to get it gone through for the just in case things considering I really haven't had to do much to it for 9 years.

I'm gonna call Poison Sypder here this morning too. They are just up north a little in Banning. Maybe they have one laying around or have an idea of somewhere to get one.

If he can get it fixed there and put trailer rental and gas towards the new t-case he may be money ahead but I guess it all depends on how everything plays out...keeping fingers crossed here.

post #15 of 29 Old 07-24-2013, 07:47 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M's View Post
I would have offered my truck up but it's scheduled to go into the shop next week for front wheel bearings that have been shot for a couple months now which is why I haven't been driving it. Have to charge the batts as they are dead too from sitting. I should have put it in the shop while we were gone but then I would have had to let one of my guys drive it and they would have just been using it for personal use too so I had to make a judgement call to let it sit till we got back. I hate that my truck has been so unable to do out of town runs. I think this may motivate me to get it gone through for the just in case things considering I really haven't had to do much to it for 9 years.

I'm gonna call Poison Sypder here this morning too. They are just up north a little in Banning. Maybe they have one laying around or have an idea of somewhere to get one.

If he can get it fixed there and put trailer rental and gas towards the new t-case he may be money ahead but I guess it all depends on how everything plays out...keeping fingers crossed here.

Agreed, I was just looking for the quick fix. I don't know how flexible their work schedules are, so I thought getting back may be the top priority. Once its back, it could sit until we found a steal on one. I'll keep looking down both avenues.

Will keep looking...

2008 Steel Blue JK Unlimited Rubicon
RE 4.5" LA
37" KM2's on 17x8.5 MB72's
Poly Tie Rod, Poly Steering Relo, Poly Draglink
5.13's, C-Gussets
3-7" HIDx HID's
2-4" HIDx HID's
Crossed Up Offroad Custom Winch Bumper
sPOD system, Cobra 75
Mopar Transmission Cooler

Last edited by NGINIER; 07-24-2013 at 07:51 AM.
post #16 of 29 Old 07-24-2013, 07:49 AM
Granite Guru

Ok,, got a truck and trailer! Having jeep towed to u haul this morning. Should be on road within a few hours.,will let you know all know when I get moving. Thanks for your help

08 Wrangler Rubicon
RE 4.5 LA
37' Coopers
Riddler diff covers
Rigid LED lights
AEV Snorkel
Superchip
post #17 of 29 Old 07-24-2013, 07:49 AM
Rock God

I posted some club contacts for james in the other scal thred and also posted on Jeepforum. There is a tcase on azvjc but I ma having toruble getting logged in. Anyone (Rubiconquered) whi is active over there may be able to call out the azvjc rescue brigade.....I'm trying but not too active there.

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showt...-case-for-sale

its an 06 so no sure....

edit ah we were typing at the ame time.....Great News, so, see you at the gap in the kittycon?

Last edited by Catfish; 07-24-2013 at 07:51 AM.
post #18 of 29 Old 07-24-2013, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWraith View Post
Ok,, got a truck and trailer! Having jeep towed to u haul this morning. Should be on road within a few hours.,will let you know all know when I get moving. Thanks for your help
Okay, I won't make any more calls then till you get back. As you said, let us know when you are on the move back. Glad all is well and you're safe for the time being. See ya when you get back.

post #19 of 29 Old 07-24-2013, 08:22 AM
Rock God

James et al just FYI I did get a call from a Yuma4x4 (Perry) who offered to help and gave me his number! Let us know when your headed west

Last edited by Catfish; 07-24-2013 at 08:33 AM.
post #20 of 29 Old 07-24-2013, 09:56 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
James et al just FYI I did get a call from a Yuma4x4 (Perry) who offered to help and gave me his number! Let us know when your headed west
Oh I guess he is going back to San Diego? And you read maps for a living?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #21 of 29 Old 07-24-2013, 11:33 AM
Rock God

doh

actually I draw them and I'll face the north arrow any damn direction I please.....

jk

Last edited by Catfish; 07-24-2013 at 11:36 AM.
post #22 of 29 Old 07-25-2013, 06:29 AM
Wheeler

Jim in Undertakers has a Rubicon t-case for sale:
Rubicon T-case for sale out of an '05 TJ. np241 with the factory 4:1 low range. 1310 cv style yokes on both outputs. 23 spline output. $1200, Text or call 480-200-1274.

KOH 2014 finished 18th

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #23 of 29 Old 07-25-2013, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashman View Post
Jim in Undertakers has a Rubicon t-case for sale:
Rubicon T-case for sale out of an '05 TJ. np241 with the factory 4:1 low range. 1310 cv style yokes on both outputs. 23 spline output. $1200, Text or call 480-200-1274.
Cool, thanks Ash.

post #24 of 29 Old 07-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Rock God

Sounds like the same one I posted the azvjc link for below......I mean above.....north west whatever.....
post #25 of 29 Old 07-25-2013, 02:00 PM
Granite Guru

Is James on his way back yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudshovel
I have a Romulan cloaking device, but I am not willing to build more. I would use my flux capacitor, but I need a nuclear reaction to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity I need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode