NW Check-in - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 100 Old 05-23-2013, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Cool NW Check-in

This subforum is more dead than a door nail. I know we have some other people from around the Northwest.

JK-forum NW section is pretty active, but the crickets are always chirping over here.

So go ahead and check in. Let us know if you are going wheeling, what you're latest modification is, etc, etc.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 100 Old 05-23-2013, 08:28 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltz View Post
This subforum is more dead than a door nail. I know we have some other people from around the Northwest.

JK-forum NW section is pretty active, but the crickets are always chirping over here.

So go ahead and check in. Let us know if you are going wheeling, what you're latest modification is, etc, etc.

Hello from the North East and Rausch Creek... Sorry I am bored. Noone else cane out to camp tonight. Something g about rain scaring them...

Have a good one...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

JERSEY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CREW
Better to be Judged by 12 than to be Carried by 6...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 100 Old 05-23-2013, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Haha, maybe if the Jersey Crew gets it started over here the NW people might come too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 100 Old 05-23-2013, 08:46 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Haha, maybe if the Jersey Crew gets it started over here the NW people might come too
One can only dream I guess. I guess we are a bit of a rarity. Hope you guys can get that going. Nothing quite like 60 Jks showing up at one place just because you want to play in the mud and eat some hot wings...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

JERSEY
CREW
Better to be Judged by 12 than to be Carried by 6...

post #5 of 100 Old 05-24-2013, 03:11 PM
Wheeler

Yeah pretty dead around here. I've never wheeled with anyone that is on this board, nor met anyone with a JK in the area. Well, except the guy I sold my hard top to, but I don't think that counts.

Black, leather, auto, and full Nav 2012 JKU Rubi, Trektop NX, sPOD with air gauge, Warn Stubby Bumper, Warn M8000, Cobra 75wxst, Smitybilt sliders
Terraflex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50r15 Goodyear MTR/K, MB72 15in wheels, KC Apollo off road driving lights, ViAir system, XKGlow rock lights
post #6 of 100 Old 05-24-2013, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

^^ I still haven't had a chance to check out Tillamook. What kind of wheeling are you into? I am planning on taking a trip sometime this summer.

I wheel with a few people from JK-forum and am a casual member of a couple different clubs here in WA, but would like to connect with some of the JKO crew.
post #7 of 100 Old 05-25-2013, 08:29 AM
Wheeler

I'm done in Oly, wheeled with a few other jeeps, but not many JK's. Been to Elbe a few times too, Hard to get the NW section going for sure, but maybe with summer coming, people will come around more. I'm not on here as much as I used to be, due to the simple fact it is so quite and dead.
post #8 of 100 Old 05-25-2013, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09redjk View Post
I'm done in Oly, wheeled with a few other jeeps, but not many JK's. Been to Elbe a few times too, Hard to get the NW section going for sure, but maybe with summer coming, people will come around more. I'm not on here as much as I used to be, due to the simple fact it is so quite and dead.
Well, I am thinking about going wheeling next Sunday (June 2nd - maybe Elbe) and might be doing an install party in my garage on Saturday (June 1st). Anybody is welcome to either. I do recommend 35s because I like the harder trails.
post #9 of 100 Old 05-25-2013, 05:12 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Well, I am thinking about going wheeling next Sunday (June 2nd - maybe Elbe) and might be doing an install party in my garage on Saturday (June 1st). Anybody is welcome to either. I do recommend 35s because I like the harder trails.
go to aroundthesoundjeepclub.org.. you'll find us there.. about 35 of us raided tahuya this weekend, ..
post #10 of 100 Old 05-25-2013, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

I'm a part of Around the Sound Jeep Club, NWJK, RN Mountaineers, and do runs with various other folks. More just trying to get the NW section over here on JKOwners going.
post #11 of 100 Old 05-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
I'm a part of Around the Sound Jeep Club, NWJK, RN Mountaineers, and do runs with various other folks. More just trying to get the NW section over here on JKOwners going.
gotcha.. Missed a great run this weekend. I cut out early to engage my kids in something more constructive than xbox, .. but a few of us went down Thursday, did a little wheeling Thursday and most of Friday. I left this AM and they were ready to go hit the trails some more. I like ASJC as it caters to a lot of different styles. Some stock runs sometimes, and some wheeling at walker runs too, ..

ps.. if you are free tomorrow me and my cousin are hitting walker about 11ish..

look for me in this.. doing this..

Mark ASJC no doors cool, post egg rock - YouTube
post #12 of 100 Old 05-25-2013, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Nice vid. Can't come out this weekend, but am trying to get out the following weekend!
post #13 of 100 Old 05-26-2013, 09:48 PM
Wheeler

Running 285's on stock rims with 4 door springs and some small spacers for about 2" of lift, Have had no issues at Elbe yet, though have not run the Busy either. Have a steel front bumper but no winch. Also, usually run with my sway bar still connected and have no rubbing issues. Ill have to see about next weekend and see whats going on. If you do go to Elbe, PM me and Ill see what can happen. Might be able to get a XJ or another JK to tag along too.
post #14 of 100 Old 05-27-2013, 04:42 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Nice vid. Can't come out this weekend, but am trying to get out the following weekend!
we will likely be back up there next weekend. Yesterday was an epic day, we hit every trail at Walker... Rons Run is a mofo but managed it, and only had my wheels off the ground one time,

it was a mudbath up there for sure.. good thing my toyos are good and clearing mud.

Last edited by markwoodlief; 05-27-2013 at 04:55 AM.
post #15 of 100 Old 05-27-2013, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Running 285's on stock rims with 4 door springs and some small spacers for about 2" of lift, Have had no issues at Elbe yet, though have not run the Busy either. Have a steel front bumper but no winch. Also, usually run with my sway bar still connected and have no rubbing issues. Ill have to see about next weekend and see whats going on. If you do go to Elbe, PM me and Ill see what can happen. Might be able to get a XJ or another JK to tag along too.
Will do. Its not laid in stone yet, but if I end up going, I'll shoot you a PM
post #16 of 100 Old 05-27-2013, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Ron's run is one of the better trails.

I know those spots

post #17 of 100 Old 05-27-2013, 01:08 PM
Wheeler

Garage

CDA, Idaho area checking in.
Have yet to get into a club just seem so busy and when they are meeting I'm often at work. I have a JKU, CJ2a, and a 4Runner. We get out on our own a bit.
post #18 of 100 Old 05-27-2013, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNate View Post
CDA, Idaho area checking in.
Have yet to get into a club just seem so busy and when they are meeting I'm often at work. I have a JKU, CJ2a, and a 4Runner. We get out on our own a bit.
Any good wheeling out in Idaho?
post #19 of 100 Old 05-28-2013, 01:20 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Ron's run is one of the better trails.

I know those spots

nice pics, I'm 10 mins from Walker next time you want to go play a little let me know
post #20 of 100 Old 05-28-2013, 06:54 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
^^ I still haven't had a chance to check out Tillamook. What kind of wheeling are you into? I am planning on taking a trip sometime this summer.

I wheel with a few people from JK-forum and am a casual member of a couple different clubs here in WA, but would like to connect with some of the JKO crew.
Tillamook can be fun. My normal during the summer is trips to Naches and Liberty in central WA. I plan on attacking Rimrock this summer. I tend to wheel with a bunch of my old buddies that still live in the Seattle and Bremerton areas. I'm not much into mudding or sand, too much of a PITA to me to clean up. I stick to trails and rocks.
Last year my goal was Kaner and Shoestring bottom up, loop around to Milk Lake road and lilly pond bottom up. It was so much fun going that route I did it twice last year.
I am hoping to get away for a week or two this summer to do Rubicon as well.

Black, leather, auto, and full Nav 2012 JKU Rubi, Trektop NX, sPOD with air gauge, Warn Stubby Bumper, Warn M8000, Cobra 75wxst, Smitybilt sliders
Terraflex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50r15 Goodyear MTR/K, MB72 15in wheels, KC Apollo off road driving lights, ViAir system, XKGlow rock lights
post #21 of 100 Old 05-31-2013, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Late notice, but running to Liberty tomorrow.
post #22 of 100 Old 05-31-2013, 11:25 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Late notice, but running to Liberty tomorrow.
Where is liberty at? Doable on opens and 33's?
post #23 of 100 Old 06-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Wheeler

I'll check in. Did some exploring up and over Rat Trap Pass by Darrington last weekend.

post #24 of 100 Old 06-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Wheeler

I wish I was back in oregon. This Wyoming wind is driving me nuts. Never had a chance to wheel up there but hopefully on our summer vacation we will be able to do some exploring.
post #25 of 100 Old 06-01-2013, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Where is liberty at? Doable on opens and 33's?
It is out near Cle Elum on the other side of Snoqualmie pass. There are many trails that are doable with your set up as long as its dry. There are some tight spots and its grown in so expect some typical NW pinstriping. A lot of the hill climbs are pretty steep and rocky, which would make them pretty interesting for an open rig. There are some harder spots, but should be bypasses. I would have at least another rig and some tow straps and you'll be fine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode