Seattle guys, recognize me? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 08-20-2012, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Seattle guys, recognize me?

I picked this up from a local dealer who got it from auction out of Seattle. I'm just trying to see if anyone recognizes it by chance, or can answer a few questions about it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 08-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Rock God

Looks like your standard low budget mall crawling sport...

2010 JK Rubicon- meh 2dr sold
2012 JKU Rubicon- bored sold
2015 JKU Rubicon- 3rd times a charm?
post #3 of 30 Old 08-20-2012, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

LOL... well, I didn't do the modding. But I guess cause the 33's are not 37's it's a mall crawler. Gotcha.

I wouldn't say the guy went low budget on it either.
Procomp 4" lift.
Procomp rims. Dick Cepeck 33's.
Shittybuilt bumper I believe. (not my taste, needs changed)
Warn winch
Rock rails
Rear diff skid
Full intake/shorty headers/exhaust mods (one of the questions I have about it, see below)

Anyhow, not my point, I'm just trying to get some info on it.

Questions I'm trying to answer:
My superchips tuner says the current ECU file is not stock, therefore I can not change stuff with my tuner. I'm trying to figure out if its tuned already, or just a footprint that my tuner see's therefore is defaulting to not let me tune it.

It's peppy with the 33's and the diff's have been opened previously. So is it regeared (I can manually figure it out, but too busy to do so) or just a product of a possible tune on it already?

But hey, thanks for no contribution to this thread. I'll PM you when I slap 60's under it, 54" boggers, and a blown 6.4.
and by that, I mean I don't give a shit what you think, as I didn't build it, it's used, I'll change it to suit my needs

Last edited by D94R; 08-20-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 08-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwapache View Post
Dang. Bad day? So much hate! Dude gets a new jeep and you Not all of us are balling out of control.

To the original post. I've not seen it before. Sorry for mucking up your thread. Good luck finding info. In regards to the Superchip. Is it saying its not stock or a not supported file. If it shows not supported you might try to go online to superchips.com and download their updater software and update the programmer. It may just not have your vehicles file in it.
post #5 of 30 Old 08-20-2012, 09:56 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Jeep.

Follow the post above for more information on that Superchips. Did they give you the tuner with it or did you purchase a Superchips after you bought the Jeep?

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 30 Old 08-20-2012, 10:04 PM
Wheeler

Hey I am still running 32"s on stock rims. Mine is an X but you would never know it from looking. Hav shorty front bumper, warn winch mount with "generic" winch. 2" lift and cold air "airaid" intake. Very capable Jeep. Let's get together sometime. Check out the "WA meet and greet" thread
post #7 of 30 Old 08-20-2012, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Thanks for the welcome and replies.

As a side note, sorry but I'm in Utah, the dealer I bought it from got it out of auction from Seattle. Since it's decently built I figured the guy might have some sort of connection with someone here that might recognize it.

About the tuner. I bought it after buying the Jeep, it was not supplied. I joined the SC forum to get some input as well. It says my file is not stock, and Ron over there says that it means there is a tune on it already or there is an electronic fingerprint left from a previous tuner even though the tune might be back to stock. If that's the case the SC tuner won't over write the ECU to prevent possible tuning an already tuned ECU, which could be catastrophic.

The ultimate fix is to have the dealer reflash the ECU to make it 100% stock, but I don't have the time. Well that's not totally true, it is going to the dealership Wednesday to have the fuel filler pipe replaced under warranty, but I'm unsure if they'll do an update/reflash then or if I'll have to pay for it. We'll see.

Hopefully someone will recognize this jeep and shed some light.

Last edited by D94R; 08-20-2012 at 10:34 PM.
post #8 of 30 Old 08-21-2012, 08:37 PM
Wheeler

I have a Hypertec tuner for my JK. Each time that I take my Jeep to the dealer I have to connect my tuner to the Jeep and return it to stock settings. I forgot once and when I got it back all was back to factory settings. I had to hook back up and reset everything. Be sure to check your odometer if your tires are not stock size. It very possibly could be off by quite a bit.
post #9 of 30 Old 08-24-2012, 08:38 AM
Granite Guru

Doesn't look familiar to me but congrats on the new jeep. Good luck on sorting out the tune and gear ratio. And don't worry about the wise guy with the mall crawler comments, his mom never tought him any manners aparently. Everyone has to start somewhere. Hell I have a mall crawler sahara

Secure Concealed Storage for all models of Jeep JK with a hard top, Tactical and expedition gear, Front Runner Vehicle outfitters dealer.
post #10 of 30 Old 08-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychosquirrel View Post
Hell I have a mall crawler sahara
Your too modest! That thing is no mall crawler.

Northridge 4x4 Krawl Off-Road PolyPerformance/Synergy Suspension
RockKrawler

08 JK unlimited - No groceries allowed
post #11 of 30 Old 08-27-2012, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

OR tata: the tire size vs speed is what also throws me for a loop.

I have verified from GPS and the stationary radar's around here that I read about 10% fast. (actually doing 50 when speedo says 55).

So, either an existing tune has the wrong tire size. Or it's regeard. If it was stock tune, stock gears, with 33's it should read slower than it did from the factory.

It has the tow package, so it might have 4.10's being an 07. But slightly larger tires, and a regear from stock to the optional 4.10's might explain it all too.

Anyhow, I missed last Wednesdays appointment cause the dealership is retarded. It goes back in this Wed. with specific instructions to reflash the ECU to stock along with the other work.

And asking if any Northwest guys recognized her was a long shot... but maybe.

Last edited by D94R; 08-27-2012 at 09:03 PM.
post #12 of 30 Old 08-28-2012, 05:43 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

I think I saw it on a wanted poster for a hit and run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #13 of 30 Old 08-28-2012, 05:49 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

wasn't me
post #14 of 30 Old 08-28-2012, 09:27 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D94R View Post
OR tata: the tire size vs speed is what also throws me for a loop.

I have verified from GPS and the stationary radar's around here that I read about 10% fast. (actually doing 50 when speedo says 55).

So, either an existing tune has the wrong tire size. Or it's regeard. If it was stock tune, stock gears, with 33's it should read slower than it did from the factory.

It has the tow package, so it might have 4.10's being an 07. But slightly larger tires, and a regear from stock to the optional 4.10's might explain it all too.

Anyhow, I missed last Wednesdays appointment cause the dealership is retarded. It goes back in this Wed. with specific instructions to reflash the ECU to stock along with the other work.

And asking if any Northwest guys recognized her was a long shot... but maybe.
My hypertec tuner also has a function that corrects speedo in accordance with tire size and gear ratio. I also have a gps that I rely on more for my speed than my odometor. (although the GPS and ODO are pretty close after the Hyperte tune) you mentioned that you have a tuner yourself, I am guessing that it also has a function to correct your speedo. Once you get it back from dealer with factory settings, reconnect your tuner and follow the prompts. BTW I agree with "Rockaddiction" your rig is not a "mallcrawler"....
post #15 of 30 Old 08-30-2012, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Yes, my superchips tuner has the ability to correct the speedo. Unfortunately, the dealer was not able to relash the computer for some reason. They are looking into it though.

The superchips guy said to have the try programming back to the as-built-data, so maybe I'll see what they say about that and go from there.

Based on the JK gearing charts floating around though, I have 4.10 gears (just a hair over 2000 rpm at 70mph). Doesn't explain reading fast though unless it had 3.73's in it factory.
post #16 of 30 Old 10-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
LOL... well, I didn't do the modding. But I guess cause the 33's are not 37's it's a mall crawler. Gotcha.

I wouldn't say the guy went low budget on it either.
Procomp 4" lift.
Procomp rims. Dick Cepeck 33's.
Shittybuilt bumper I believe. (not my taste, needs changed)
Warn winch
Rock rails
Rear diff skid
Full intake/shorty headers/exhaust mods (one of the questions I have about it, see below)

Anyhow, not my point, I'm just trying to get some info on it.

Questions I'm trying to answer:
My superchips tuner says the current ECU file is not stock, therefore I can not change stuff with my tuner. I'm trying to figure out if its tuned already, or just a footprint that my tuner see's therefore is defaulting to not let me tune it.

It's peppy with the 33's and the diff's have been opened previously. So is it regeared (I can manually figure it out, but too busy to do so) or just a product of a possible tune on it already?

But hey, thanks for no contribution to this thread. I'll PM you when I slap 60's under it, 54" boggers, and a blown 6.4.
and by that, I mean I don't give a shit what you think, as I didn't build it, it's used, I'll change it to suit my needs
Procomp lift? That was budget all the way dude!

Oh yeah, thats a mall crawler around the Cascades.

So it was probably married to another tuner. In order for you to revert back to a stock tune, you will need the original tuner used to rewrite the PCM before you can use your tuner.

If you cannot do that, then you will need to send your PCM here to have it erased and re written with the original OEM tune.

http://www.autoecu.com/asi-Chrysler-...M-Rebuild.html
post #17 of 30 Old 10-04-2012, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

That was a lot of words to say "No, I don't recognize".

I never claimed PC was my choice of lift, its what was installed by the PO, and somewhere to start for me. Budget is also a relative term and opinionated; something more than a levling kit and shocks isn't exactly "budget", but whatev. If you're gonna call something budget or mall crawler, then I wouldn't make threads claiming to be buying Rusty's parts.
post #18 of 30 Old 10-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
That was a lot of words to say "No, I don't recognize".

I never claimed PC was my choice of lift, its what was installed by the PO, and somewhere to start for me. Budget is also a relative term and opinionated; something more than a levling kit and shocks isn't exactly "budget", but whatev. If you're gonna call something budget or mall crawler, then I wouldn't make threads claiming to be buying Rusty's parts.
Pull your panties out of a wad yeah. The internet was just flipping you some shit.
post #19 of 30 Old 10-06-2012, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Yah, sorry. You know how hard sarcasm is to detect.
post #20 of 30 Old 10-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwapache View Post
youre an ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba_zenetti View Post
Procomp lift? That was budget all the way dude!

Oh yeah, thats a mall crawler around the Cascades.

So it was probably married to another tuner. In order for you to revert back to a stock tune, you will need the original tuner used to rewrite the PCM before you can use your tuner.

If you cannot do that, then you will need to send your PCM here to have it erased and re written with the original OEM tune.

http://www.autoecu.com/asi-Chrysler-...M-Rebuild.html
and youre a Douche

"Eat Liquid Gold"
post #21 of 30 Old 10-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NascarRubicon View Post
youre an ass

and youre a Douche
Well I guess that means I get to visit a lot of vagina. Thanks!
post #22 of 30 Old 10-07-2012, 08:18 PM
Granite Guru

@D94R
Welcome, that is a nice lookin rig. Don't pay any attention to those other folks. There are some pretty grumpy folks on this board.
Meanwhile if you need parts or advise Marcus who posted in this thread is the guy to go to!

2012 JK Crush, RK 2.5 max travel, Bilstein 5100's, 35" MT/R with K, AFE Y-pipe, Spidertrax 1.5" spacers, VDP stubby bumper kit, handmade dead pedal, handmade aluminum rails
post #23 of 30 Old 10-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Granite Guru

Gear ratio doesn't effect the speedo, only tire size does.

It uses the wheel speed (abs) sensors to determine speed.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
post #24 of 30 Old 02-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wubicon View Post
Gear ratio doesn't effect the speedo, only tire size does.

It uses the wheel speed (abs) sensors to determine speed.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
don't know who you have been talking to, but the last time I looked gear ratio had just as much to do with "screwing up" your speedo as taller tires do. In order to correct your speedo after changing tire size, OR gear ratio change you have to have the programer.
post #25 of 30 Old 02-16-2013, 12:28 PM
Wheeler

And there is nothing wrong with a procomp lift either, no it;s not an RK, but just because they didn't get popular like the terrashit lifts, does not mean they are not good! Procomp has years in developing lifts and know what they are doing. For >1K I would go procomp again in a heartbeat. For the time it suited me just fine, of course now I have very little of that lift left.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode