pull-a-part/junkyard with JK's? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 05-23-2012, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

pull-a-part/junkyard with JK's?

Long story short, I thought I was getting RCV's from my brother as a gift for the past few weeks, very nice brother I know! He recently had some unexpected bills arise and informed me that he doenst have the funds right now but he will get them for me in the near future. In the meantime, I'm down a front D30 passenger sice (long side) axle shaft and I just need a temporary stock shaft until the RCV's arrive.

Also I have been looking for a passenger side front door, but I dont want to spend the dime on a new one. It is dented pretty good from a tight squeeze up at walker valley. The dent or the door handle not working doesnt bother me at all, but me having to open the door from the inside is starting to bother the girlfriend, haha.

Anyone ever seen one or know of one that may have some JK parts? If not, is there anyone local who perhaps upgraded their shafts from a D30 and has a passenger side shaft I can purchase? I have alot of factory take off parts if you need anything or if interested in trading. Feel free to reply or PM me.

Thanks and I hope to see you all on the trails, or the streets. But hopefully the trails!

Northridge 4x4 Krawl Off-Road PolyPerformance/Synergy Suspension
RockKrawler

08 JK unlimited - No groceries allowed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 05-24-2012, 10:26 PM
Wheeler

http://www.spaldings.com/

Check there, it's in Spokane so a little ways a way, but they usually have tons of stuff.

Smittybuilt SRC side armor; Body armor roof rack/cargo basket; Body armor tire swing rear bumper; KC Daylighters, and rack lights; Daystar switch panel; Warrior Product rear armor, round LED tail and backup lights; Cheap ass ultra wheels and 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers, Superchips, Purejeep front hoop/stinger bumper, 3.5" Rough Country lift, Smitty winch... the parts keep rolling in...
post #3 of 16 Old 05-25-2012, 05:52 AM
JKO Addict!

IMO, they are way too new to find in a pick-n-pull lot. Most will go to scrap yards that will part them out and sell the parts themselves.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 05-25-2012, 06:09 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
IMO, they are way too new to find in a pick-n-pull lot. Most will go to scrap yards that will part them out and sell the parts themselves.
The JK has been out for over five years, now, and I have yet to find one in a junkyard anywhere in Maine.

2008 Unlimited Rubicon Automatic
post #5 of 16 Old 05-25-2012, 07:24 PM
JKO Addict!

I am in need of a front passenger door as well.if you find one, can I get your old dented one?
post #6 of 16 Old 05-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Granite Guru

There was a silver front passenger door on the seattle craigslist just within the last month....On the axle...maybe call the guys out at Northridge and see if they have one hanging around the shop?

Go Play Outside.
post #7 of 16 Old 05-29-2012, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate it. I havent checked anywhere yet still as I just returned from the sand dunes in Moses Lake for Memorial Weekend. I'll check around and let everyone know what I find just in case someone else is wondering for the future.

Fnord5 - If or when I replace my door, I will be sure to let you know!

RockKrawler

post #8 of 16 Old 05-29-2012, 10:35 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Good luck with your search... there are the national used parts locators I've heard mentioned before. Never used them but the one that comes to mind is carpart.com or something like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjenx View Post
The JK has been out for over five years, now, and I have yet to find one in a junkyard anywhere in Maine.
Yeah the Wrangler has always been unique in that manner. I have never seen one in a junkyard... other than once there were five decommissioned mail Jeeps in a row at the Norcross pull-a-part, in-tact and untouched. That was kind of sad to see.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #9 of 16 Old 05-29-2012, 10:41 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Yeah the lots around here rarely get them and when they do, they aren't allowed to sell the parts off of them.

☠ ☠ Don't let fear and common sense stop ya. ☣ ☣
post #10 of 16 Old 05-31-2012, 03:47 PM
Granite Guru

I have a passenger side axle Out of my Dana 30 if you still need one. Let me know. Btw I am in Auburn.

Secure Concealed Storage for all models of Jeep JK with a hard top, Tactical and expedition gear, Front Runner Vehicle outfitters dealer.
post #11 of 16 Old 05-31-2012, 06:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
Good luck with your search... there are the national used parts locators I've heard mentioned before. Never used them but the one that comes to mind is carpart.com or something like.

Yeah the Wrangler has always been unique in that manner. I have never seen one in a junkyard... other than once there were five decommissioned mail Jeeps in a row at the Norcross pull-a-part, in-tact and untouched. That was kind of sad to see.
I got a quote from one for a door. 1200 shipped. Told him to fuck off and that I would rather buy new.
post #12 of 16 Old 06-01-2012, 03:43 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockAddiction View Post
Also I have been looking for a passenger side front door, but I dont want to spend the dime on a new one. It is dented pretty good from a tight squeeze up at walker valley. The dent or the door handle not working doesnt bother me at all, but me having to open the door from the inside is starting to bother the girlfriend, haha.
Wow, word for word, exact same situation for me.
Hit a tree while the Jeep side-slided down a rock and the front passenger door hit a tree.
The top part is dented and the handle does not work from outside but from inside it's ok...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnord5 View Post
I am in need of a front passenger door as well.if you find one, can I get your old dented one?
Everybody hits the same spot!!!
post #13 of 16 Old 06-01-2012, 03:50 AM
Apt
I Put the FU in FUN

Garage

copart.com for wrecked vehicles at auction - you could possibly get an entire front end write off for 10K and have a rubi transfer case if you don't already have one and there is the odd built jeep on here. My friend/neighbor has bought about 15 cars off here and rebuilt them for profit. It's the real deal.
Doesn't help you with your door, but might help others.

carpart.com for parts.
I'm not having any luck finding parts off of carpart right now for JK's.
Hood, door, fender, grille, transmission, nothing came up.
I might call them and see if someone live can offer some help in my search parameters for JK parts.
post #14 of 16 Old 06-01-2012, 11:52 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoxxis View Post
Everybody hits the same spot!!!
Nah. My door is 100% intact, save for literally the top part of the window frame. I would be happy with someones scrap from a half door build.

The vertical parts are fine, but not the top.
post #15 of 16 Old 06-02-2012, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychosquirrel View Post
I have a passenger side axle Out of my Dana 30 if you still need one. Let me know. Btw I am in Auburn.
I'll take you up on your offer! I'm out of town right now and returning on Monday. I'll send you a pm so we can get in touch this week if that works for you.

RockKrawler

post #16 of 16 Old 06-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Granite Guru

Sounds good.

Secure Concealed Storage for all models of Jeep JK with a hard top, Tactical and expedition gear, Front Runner Vehicle outfitters dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode