Whipsaw July 28-29 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 02-29-2012, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Whipsaw July 28-29

So I had asked about getting shown around Walker Valley before and was told I would be guided but in return they would like a guide thru Whipsaw up here.

Well a trip has/is planned for July 28-29th this year.

Here is the invite for those interested. It is a 2 day trip. No gas stations or stores or anything once we hit the trail. Just cool scenery, obsticles and good peeps. Bring what you need to camp over night. Some people may spend the friday night in a campsite in Manning park to have less driving the saturday.

Last year we ran into to much snow on July 10th weekend, so be prepared for any weather conditions. although we will keep an eye out for poeple doing the trail before then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 02-29-2012, 08:26 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I was part of the Whipsaw for Walker deal

I am interested in this trip. I need to check some scheduling first though. A Rubicon trip is the following week.
post #3 of 31 Old 02-29-2012, 10:16 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to sickchilly Send a message via Skype™ to sickchilly

w00t! I was in on the deal too. Rubicon has so been done, so I hope to make this.

2007 Jeep Green Rubicon 4-door with various bits 'n pieces... broken in but not even finished!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 02-29-2012, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

wish i could do Rubicon this year.
post #5 of 31 Old 02-29-2012, 10:52 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickchilly View Post
w00t! I was in on the deal too. Rubicon has so been done, so I hope to make this.
Don't be SCUURRED Trent. You made it home still.
post #6 of 31 Old 06-09-2012, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

bump.

back to the top. just checking in to see if anybody is going to be coming up for this trip.

bubblegoose Rubicon the next week isnt a reason to miss as i will have just returned from there the monday of the week we do Whipsaw.
post #7 of 31 Old 06-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Wheeler

Interested definitely, I need an adventure. ;-)
post #8 of 31 Old 06-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Rock God

Up you come then!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud manufacturers of TRAILMOUNTZ Top QUALITY aluminum mounts for LED lighting.
post #9 of 31 Old 06-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Rock God

Ok so who's interested in joining us for this run? The Whipsaw trail is a fairly moderate cross country trail which can be done by stock JKs without a problem. 20 miles of dusty fire road delivers the group to a cross country trail that is a point to point run of aprox. 30 miles.A few areas offer places to test out modified jeeps capabilities and the group always sticks together and travels at a comfortable pace for everyone. A few alpine meadows and gorgeous viewpoints make this trip worthwhile not to mention the fun of wheeling with a group of up to 20 JKs. Three options for departures available with a group leaving mid afternoon Friday, evening Friday or main group Saturday morning.It's a camp out affair Saturday night with no lodgings or amenities once on the trail which we take a leisurely two days to complete. You can be back on pavement in time to make it home Sunday night. Family rated, friendly group... good times. Bugs assured...possibility of a fire ban but that usually happens later in the season....there will still be patches of snow up there.

Come up and cross at the Sumas border crossing and you are right on track to meet up. Anyone interested should feel free to contact myself, bigD74 , Shayu, Starcat or likes2jeep here on JKO. We'd be happy to have you join us because a few of us would love to come down and wheel some of your local favorites as well.

You can always monitor the active thread in the Canada section on this board as well.

Cheers,

Pat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud manufacturers of TRAILMOUNTZ Top QUALITY aluminum mounts for LED lighting.
post #10 of 31 Old 06-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Granite Guru

How far would this be from Seattle Drive time?

Secure Concealed Storage for all models of Jeep JK with a hard top, Tactical and expedition gear, Front Runner Vehicle outfitters dealer.
post #11 of 31 Old 06-26-2012, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

seattle to border about 2 hours, border to whipsaw about 3 hours or so.
post #12 of 31 Old 06-26-2012, 06:14 PM
Rock God

Take your time and come up Friday and meet us right near the Sumas border crossing around midday...there's a group leaving at 2:00. I'll come down to the border to meet anyone who wants to join us and lead you up to the meeting place just 10 minutes away.

post #13 of 31 Old 06-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Granite Guru

I would like to make this. Sounds like a good trip.

Secure Concealed Storage for all models of Jeep JK with a hard top, Tactical and expedition gear, Front Runner Vehicle outfitters dealer.
post #14 of 31 Old 06-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Granite Guru

Tentative in for this. Got approval from my wife. Trying to talk my buddy mark into going. If I do come out it will be on friday leaving Seattle by 2:00.

post #15 of 31 Old 06-26-2012, 11:30 PM
Rock God

Cool! So you could join Bigd74 and a couple others heading up Friday evening type of thing.

post #16 of 31 Old 06-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychosquirrel View Post
Tentative in for this. Got approval from my wife. Trying to talk my buddy mark into going. If I do come out it will be on friday leaving Seattle by 2:00.
I'm thinking about it. Mentioned it to the wife, she doesn't care. I did some research to find out how to bring my dog into Canada too. So now I just have to convince myself that I want to drive up there. Also need to ask work to get an afternoon off. I'm gonna catch a for it. I'll keep you posted.

PS. This forum has really fun smileys.
post #17 of 31 Old 06-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Granite Guru

Exclamation

Sounds like too much fun to miss.

post #18 of 31 Old 06-27-2012, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdash View Post
I'm thinking about it. Mentioned it to the wife, she doesn't care. I did some research to find out how to bring my dog into Canada too. So now I just have to convince myself that I want to drive up there. Also need to ask work to get an afternoon off. I'm gonna catch a for it. I'll keep you posted.

PS. This forum has really fun smileys.
Bringing the dog into Canada is easy. I have brought mine into the USA many times. Just make sure you have proof of shots. Although I have never been asked for them either direction.
post #19 of 31 Old 06-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd74 View Post
Bringing the dog into Canada is easy. I have brought mine into the USA many times. Just make sure you have proof of shots. Although I have never been asked for them either direction.
That's exactly what I read. I was expecting to have to jump through a bunch of hoops.
post #20 of 31 Old 06-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Rock God

Uh....shouldn't it be the dog that has to jumps through the hoops...what am I missing?

post #21 of 31 Old 07-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Granite Guru

I was planning on making this, but we are having our engagement party that weekend unfortunatly. You guys will have to post some pics/vids cause I'll have to wheel vicariously through you all.

Northridge 4x4 Krawl Off-Road PolyPerformance/Synergy Suspension
RockKrawler

08 JK unlimited - No groceries allowed
post #22 of 31 Old 07-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Rock God

Oh there will be plenty of pics...we've even got a helicopter lined up for the event...mind you it's about three feet long and only goes a few hundred feet in the air but it's a chopper none the less. Congrats on the engagement ! Next time!

post #23 of 31 Old 07-19-2012, 10:18 PM
Wheeler

whipsaw

Getting close now. We will be leaving Tacoma on Friday. Need some basic direction and meet times. Looking forward to this!
post #24 of 31 Old 07-20-2012, 07:27 AM
Granite Guru

Not going to make it now; way too much going on

post #25 of 31 Old 07-20-2012, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnichols2 View Post
Getting close now. We will be leaving Tacoma on Friday. Need some basic direction and meet times. Looking forward to this!
what time you leaving Tacoma?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode