JKOwners Forum banner

Anyone with a stick want to convert to auto

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  bubba_zenetti 
#1 ·
If there is anyone here in the PNW who would like to convert over to an automatic trans by swapping theirs standard trans and goodies with my automatic goods please contact me.

I have 2 42RLE transmissions. One is in my rig and it has under 10,000 miles on a completely rebuilt core that I rebuilt myself (I am a mechanic with 30 years of experience) and another sitting on my workbench about to be rebuilt.

I use Transtar components. Both units have/will have brand new solenoid packs, Transgo shift kits and rebuilt converters. The unit on the bench now will have 0 miles.

I will trade you my 2 automatics and all the hardware needed to convert your rig to an automatic from my rig for your 6 speed and all of its required hardware to do the swap. Your unit must have fairly low miles and functional. I can perform the swap for you if you are not handy with tools.

I live in Washington state. If you are interested please contact me via PM or this thread and lets talk!

#3 ·
^^ And I would love to have a stick because I cant stand automatics. I want to shift when I want. I drive this thing with my hand on the lever because I am so used to driving a stick, I find myself looking for a clutch and holing a shift knob all the time *LOL*

My girl made me get the auto so she can drive it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.