Moving to Fairbanks AK - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 12-13-2011, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Moving to Fairbanks AK

the wife and I are heading to Fairbanks in about 4 to 4 1/2 months the wife's report date is June 1st (shes an army nurse) but we plan on leaving a bit early from here so we can sight see and enjoy the drive up there. We look forward to making the move from Hell Paso to up North. So if anyone sees this thing running around its me. Look forward to wheeling with new people in new areas
Oh and if any of you have any good tips for the cold weather and these things that would be great im already going to install a block heater before we leave and i may end up getting a low wattage oil pan heater as well before we get up there. I still have somethings i want to put on it and add but all ideas and comments are appreciated thanks

thanks cody

EDIT: I KNOW IM WORKING ON THE STICKERS haha

Last edited by cdyspeed; 12-13-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-13-2011, 12:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

If you like hunting/fishing - you are going to be in heaven! There are four solid seasons in AK - Almost winter, winter, still winter and construction. My cousin moved there (from Hou) and I went up there to hunt several times.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-13-2011, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RonGilbert View Post
If you like hunting/fishing - you are going to be in heaven! There are four solid seasons in AK - Almost winter, winter, still winter and construction. My cousin moved there (from Hou) and I went up there to hunt several times.
yea i love to fish(haven't been since i moved here) and use to hunt a long time ago with my uncle so i plan to get back into that once i get up there. I like your description of the seasons haha i know its going to be a big change from here but we are ready
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

First off, welcome (or rather welcome soon enough!). I dont know a lot about Fairbanks, but I live in Anchorage and have enjoyed most of my time here so far. It is definitely a big change in weather from TX (I'm from Boerne, just north of SA)..

I don't have a block heater (I have a garage for mine though), but she seems to start pretty well, even into the negatives (we had some -10 to -20ish earlier this season and she did alright). If you're planning on doing any big mods, buy the stuff now, because the shipping to get anything up here is pretty outrageous... Not sure what offroad shops are in Fairbanks, but we only have a few here and none of them are very good....

I didn't get the chance to drive up here, as it was winter time when I reported, but I've heard the drive is amazing....

good luck with the move!

'08 Silver JKU - Grace

“We often miss opportunity because it's dressed in overalls and looks like work”
― Thomas A. Edison
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode