Walker Valley - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-25-2011, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to joeglock
Walker Valley

any one interested in hitting up walker Valley around the first of the year?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-25-2011, 08:58 AM
Rock God

post #3 of 9 Old 11-25-2011, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to joeglock

sweet. what are the trails like there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 11-26-2011, 08:28 AM
Rock God

They range from cool to body bashing gnarly
post #5 of 9 Old 11-26-2011, 09:26 AM
Rock God

Garage

Walker sees a lot of traffic since Reiter closed which is tearing up the trails. Fortunately there are volunteer groups that regularly maintain the trails and have made a few new ones as well. As mentioned, wheeling at Walker ranges from mild to wild and is well worth the trip.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 9 Old 12-01-2011, 01:39 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Count me in
post #7 of 9 Old 12-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Wheeler

Sounds like fun let me know I would like to go

BDS 4 1/2" Lift 1" DayStar Body lift, 1 3/4" Rusty's Offroad Front & Rear Adjustable Trac Bar
ATLAS 5:1 Twin Stick Transfer Case
37" Cooper STT Tires
Moto Metal 17" Wheels
Rugged Ridge Front Bumper
LOD Stubby Rear Bumper
Warn Winch
Hella Offraod Lights/ PIAA Offroad LIghts
Gen Right Fenders
Poison Spyder Rockergaurds
AirRaid Intake
Superchip
Evo Front Sleeves & Gussets
EVO High Steer
HD Tie Rod
5.38 Yukon Gears
Solid Dana 44 Front & Rear Covers
Adams Front & Rear Drivelines
post #8 of 9 Old 12-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Granite Guru

I'd be down to go. I have been up a few times now with the JK, its a fun little place. I got some body damage last time being jammed between two trees on a little drop down because I could not make the turn which would have been a bypass, once I was stuck between the trees with my front wheels barely on the ground I started to hear some cracking noise. At that point the only way to go was forward. I made it out just fine, but you can see below that the tree did get my door, door handle, and upper rear door hinge. I even took a part of the tree home with me between the B pillar and my door hinge. It was jammed in there very well and bent my hinge back a bit.

Body damage can be avoided there, dont let this scare you. It happened at night and a buddy of mine who was in a cherokee made the turn to go to the bypass very easily, I must have just taken the wrong line. This trail in particular was new to me, I have been up about 6 other times with not one scratch on the jeep.

I was surprised with the reaction I got from other wheelers. I know boosted goes there with some other members every now and then, but everytime I go I get the same reaction from people who think its crazy to take a JK there.

Northridge 4x4 Krawl Off-Road PolyPerformance/Synergy Suspension
RockKrawler

08 JK unlimited - No groceries allowed
post #9 of 9 Old 12-14-2011, 06:14 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockAddiction View Post
I was surprised with the reaction I got from other wheelers. I know boosted goes there with some other members every now and then, but everytime I go I get the same reaction from people who think its crazy to take a JK there.
Im up there a lot and I still get this everytime....lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode