Another moving to WA thread - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 09-04-2011, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Another moving to WA thread

Looks like you guys are gonna have another JK in Seattle. Any advice on areas not to live that my family would hate me for; I want to live somewhat close to work (office at Boeing Field) but not close enough where the overhead air traffic would be dumping blue ice balls on my roof. Looking so far in the Bellevue, Kent, Auburn areas. We have three kids; two in High School one in JR High. We will be renting for a while but I want my family to feel like they can go outside and enjoy the green (when its not raining) without catching a stray bullet. Any advice would be helpfull; we have never spent any time in Seattle, so some local insight would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 09-04-2011, 05:30 PM
Rock God

Garage

First off, welcome to WA! What a huge change from AZ....

As for housing, Im north of Seattle so I wont be much help but I would suggest looking at Maple Valley and Issaquah.

Let us know when you are settled in and ready to go wheeling PNW style!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 27 Old 09-04-2011, 08:55 PM

Welcome, we just moved to the NW a few months ago as well. I am near the other Boeing field in Everett/Mukilteo.

My Wife and I have two JKU Rubi's so add a coupe more JKs to the list.

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 09-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinejk View Post
Welcome, we just moved to the NW a few months ago as well. I am near the other Boeing field in Everett/Mukilteo.

My Wife and I have two JKU Rubi's so add a coupe more JKs to the list.

Scott
Hi Scott, welcome to you as well.

Are you and your wife on the local Jeep club forum?

post #5 of 27 Old 09-05-2011, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks for the welcome, we were gonna look at a house in Mukeltio, how is that area? How far from the other boeing field?
post #6 of 27 Old 09-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychosquirrel View Post
Thanks for the welcome, we were gonna look at a house in Mukeltio, how is that area? How far from the other boeing field?
Mukilteo is a very nice area and is about 30-40 minutes north of Boeing Field in Seattle. The "other" Boeing field, which is actually Paine Field sits in between Everett and Mukilteo. Infact, the north end of the field is in Everett and the south end is in Mukilteo....

post #7 of 27 Old 09-08-2011, 06:31 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Places to stay away from??? Rainier Valley / Central district, White Center / west seattle, although I hear its starting to clean up. There's going to be pockets of shit no matter where you go but those places I try to avoid at night.
post #8 of 27 Old 09-08-2011, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks for the tip!
post #9 of 27 Old 09-08-2011, 09:08 AM
GKR
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDrinken View Post
Places to stay away from??? Rainier Valley / Central district, White Center / west seattle, although I hear its starting to clean up. There's going to be pockets of shit no matter where you go but those places I try to avoid at night.
Weird, those are all the places I find myself at night...................
post #10 of 27 Old 09-08-2011, 11:01 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDrinken View Post

Welcome to the NW

And absolutely agree on the above.
post #11 of 27 Old 09-08-2011, 11:02 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR View Post
Weird, those are all the places I find myself at night...................
NICE!! LOL
post #12 of 27 Old 09-19-2011, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Me and my wife are driving out this friday to find a house; 1500 miles
post #13 of 27 Old 09-20-2011, 11:25 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Me and my wife are driving out this friday to find a house; 1500 miles
My wife is a Real Estate Agent for Keller Williams and she has been doing it for about 6-7 years now if you need a agent give her a call Debi Braulik 206-949-4785 and Obviously she likes Jeeps
post #14 of 27 Old 09-21-2011, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks!
post #15 of 27 Old 09-28-2011, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Looks like we will be staying in Auburn, flying back today to load the moving truck and head back out on saturday:
post #16 of 27 Old 09-28-2011, 10:00 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

See ya on the trails soon.
post #17 of 27 Old 09-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

How was the drive up?

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #18 of 27 Old 09-29-2011, 11:17 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Looks like we will be staying in Auburn, flying back today to load the moving truck and head back out on saturday:
What part of Auburn? I live in Lakeland Hills (part of Auburn) and work in downtown Auburn.
post #19 of 27 Old 09-29-2011, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

The drive up was awesome, we drove up the coast of cali, went to the redwood forest natl park. We found a house in Vintage hills (I think thats the name) Lea hill area, near Auburn mountain High.
post #20 of 27 Old 09-29-2011, 06:02 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
The drive up was awesome, we drove up the coast of cali, went to the redwood forest natl park. We found a house in Vintage hills (I think thats the name) Lea hill area, near Auburn mountain High.
I need to get back up there would be a cool trip again

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #21 of 27 Old 10-03-2011, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Well here we are sitting on 90 west for almost an hour away from the house so they can blow some rocks off of the mountain &&$)@@"" On top of that, the damn trailer axle slipped back on the leaf spring 4 hours into the trip. Damn uhaul. So close yet so far!
post #22 of 27 Old 10-03-2011, 10:25 PM
GKR
Granite Guru

Well, welcome neighbor!! I just live north of ya just off 124th sounds like. Hope ya got the rest of the way home by now.
post #23 of 27 Old 10-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Wheeler

I like right off Hwy 18 in Federal Way give me a ring if you need any help with anything 206-327-0075
post #24 of 27 Old 10-05-2011, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Well we made it in on Monday night around 8 pm, ended up sleeping on sleeping. Bags in front of the fireplace, indoor camping!,got the truck and both trailers unloaded yesterday and now the fun begins; finding where I put shit!
post #25 of 27 Old 10-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Well we made it in on Monday night around 8 pm, ended up sleeping on sleeping. Bags in front of the fireplace, indoor camping!,got the truck and both trailers unloaded yesterday and now the fun begins; finding where I put shit!
Take some pics of the area, have fun unloading! HA

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode