Local Trade My 33 inch Nitto Terra Grapplers and Rims for your OEM Rubicon tires - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-17-2011, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Local Trade My 33 inch Nitto Terra Grapplers and Rims for your OEM Rubicon tires

Here is the deal.

I have 5 295/70/17 (full 33") Nitto Terra Grappler tires on 17X8 Cragar Soft 8 rims (5x5 Bolt pattern with either a 4 or 4.5" backspacing). These tires have about 7-8000 miles on them and have been on the vehicle since March of 2010. These are a decent tire and have served me well on the trail. One tire has been plugged as it had a nail through it. The tires were all road force balanced at Les Schwab just before New Years. They are currently installed on my JK Unlimited. New these tires and rims were about $1300.

I've shifted my focus and instead of any serious trail riding, I am just going to drive forest roads and do camping. These tires are a bit much for my needs, and I'd like to improve my gas mileage and ride a bit so I'm looking to get rid of them.

What I propose is a one for one swap. Looking for OEM 17inch rims and tires for a JK with comparable or less mileage. Would prefer the tires that come with the Rubicon.

Additionally, I also have a superchips programmer that would no longer be needed by me to reprogram your speedometer. I could probably resell this for $250 easy, but if you do the swap, I'll give it to you for $200

I have a torque wrench so we can make sure the swap is done right. We can work out the details of when and where to do the swap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-24-2011, 09:28 AM
Granite Guru

Probably a little older/worn than you're looking for but hey, I'll thrown my hat in...I have my set of stock BFG's and rubi rims. They are on my jeep as well. probably at 50% tread though. One tire has a plug but the spare is brand new. I can get a better pic...since I've owned it I've kept up on the rotations and PSI.

Go Play Outside.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-30-2011, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Sorry, thought I deleted this. I found a set from another local guy. Nice Jeep BTW. I have the Rugged Ridge full width bumper on and the same Northridge sticker across my front window too.

What brand of roof rack are you running with? I'm looking into them and may eventually pick one up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-31-2011, 09:33 AM
Granite Guru

LOL I figured it was a long shot on the tires but I had to offer...I'm running the wilderness rack from Garvin. It's nice and sturdy but if I were to do it all over again I'd get the Gobi stealth.

Go Play Outside.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-08-2011, 03:52 PM

What did you end up with for tires? I hate we missed the backcountry run in February. Hopefully we can try to get a run at it again when you get back.

Bob K.

Last edited by nwbronco; 03-08-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode