Who wants a ride? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 10-19-2010, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Who wants a ride?

In a race car?

I am just getting back into Jeeps after a few years off. What drew me away was racing a Spec Miata on road courses.

On October 30th there is a play day at Bremerton where I can give rides in my race car. I'll have a loaner helmet, but feel free to bring your own, it may fit better. I'm putting in a passenger seat just for this event. Miatas are small so you will be cramped.

The idea here is to share my primary hobby with some of my future Jeep friends , and have an excuse to drive the car one last time before it gets put up for the Winter. I am slowly reentering the Jeep scene, and don't plan on wheeling my Jeep hard for a few years, just easy stuff and poker runs for now. So maybe someday I can ride with one of you at an event?

Most of you are probably unfamiliar with a Spec Miata so here's the basics.
1) 2300 pounds with driver
2) Lightly modifed engine 120 HP at the wheels
3) On the right track we see 120+ MPH (115 or so at Bremerton)
4) 1.2+ Gs in the corners
5) Full cage and regular race car safety stuff required

Not the fastest down the straights, but among the fastest in the corners. I joined the group because there are a lot of them and the racing is close. I didn't want to win a 1 or 2 car class, I wanted to race close with some good drivers.

Here's a link to a video that shows some of my car. Its the red one (a lot of them are red) with yellow stickers and the number 04.

Part 1
YouTube - dblnats 09 race1 part1
Part 2
YouTube - dblnats 09 race1 part2

Part 2 shows the close finish. All 4 cars are passing for position. Sadly my mistake cost me a few spots...

Its possible that it will be raining, and I plan to run anyway. I have an enclosed trailer and a grill so I think we can stay dry and possibly not starve.

This event has a loose schedule, so I can't say how many spots I'll have, but probably at least 4 or 5. They run from 9AM to dark.

Reply here or PM me so I can gauge interest.

Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-19-2010, 09:12 PM
Granite Guru

Wow, that is an awesome offer. I wish I was up in your area. I have always wanted to ride in a race car. I love driving fast. I have always been torn between off-roading and fast cars. That's why I own JK and an Infiniti G35. The Infiniti and my '70 Mach 1 help to satisfy my need for speed and acceleration.
post #3 of 12 Old 10-20-2010, 06:33 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Hey Greg, what a great invitation. I don't think I'd be able to fit in your car. I'm sure it would be fun to watch though. I'll have to keep it in mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 10-20-2010, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I am looking for the biggest seat I can find

Want to stop by on the 29th and see if you fit before I load the trailer?

What about your son?

I may be able to get you into a fast Mustang that will be pitted with me.

Greg
post #5 of 12 Old 10-20-2010, 11:15 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'll run the date past him, he would have a fricken blast in that thing.
post #6 of 12 Old 10-28-2010, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Car is ready.

Fitted the largest seat I could find.

Should be on track a little after 9 AM.
post #7 of 12 Old 10-29-2010, 04:15 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Hey Greg, we are planning on making it out. Told my boy to bring his helmet. Is it a rain or shine thing?

oh and what time do they serve Bloodys?

Last edited by BenDrinken; 10-29-2010 at 04:20 PM.
post #8 of 12 Old 10-30-2010, 02:39 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Thanks alot Greg, my son had a blast. Dont know if thats good or bad. Really cool. And I got to hit Tahuya for a little crawlin while we were over there. Good day for all.
post #9 of 12 Old 10-30-2010, 09:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

you know i had a dream a couple nights ago that i was driving the car in that vid

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #10 of 12 Old 10-31-2010, 05:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDrinken View Post
Thanks alot Greg, my son had a blast. Dont know if thats good or bad. Really cool. And I got to hit Tahuya for a little crawlin while we were over there. Good day for all.

Wow, thought I came out ok until I looked at the Jeep today. More pin striping. Got to love it.
post #11 of 12 Old 11-02-2010, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Good to see you again Ian. The second run was better since they opened up the turns and it was raining harder. I stayed on slicks out of laziness and it was fun.

I got to take my three year old for a cruise in the back part of the facility and do a few burnouts. He loved it. I never have a passenger seat in the car so it was a real treat for us both.

There may be one in May, so maybe I can get you in the car....
post #12 of 12 Old 11-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Wheeler

Send a message via Yahoo to M. Hoyt

Wish i was around then, sounds like you all had, hope to see you out wheelin, I'll be the silver 2 door runnin 20" crome, can't miss the stupid lookin thing

07 2dr X silver, 35x12.5x20 Toyo O/C MTs, I know... trying to get rid of the 20's for some 15's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode