Lake Wenatchee area - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 08-24-2010, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Lake Wenatchee area

Hello Everyone,

My wife and I have been staying at Lake Wenatchee for the last couple of months. I have been riding the great single track trails on my dirtbike, riding the twisty paved roads on my Ducati, and exploring the forest roads on my supermoto bike, and in the Jeep.

The two track roads around here are in too good of shape to really be exciting in the Jeep. The only scary part is that most of them are as wide as my track on the Jeep with sheer cliffs. They are also very overgrown and I have added to my pinstripes considerably. I am tired of driving up a road only to find it no longer goes anywhere and then backing down a half mile of narrow road with bushes on either side and usually a drop off on one side. Scary, but not fun scary.
We have found a bunch of nice drives over the hills to Entiat from the lake, but nothing that even requires putting it in 4WD.
Can any one suggest some trails over here that are washed out rocky and rutted, and that actually go somewhere with out ending at a landslide or gate?

Even though we are on vacation, I ended up getting a job helping with the restoration of a vintage Bell 45G helicopter at the Chelan municipal airport. I have also been doing flight training there. Instead of driving the 80 miles on HWY 2 and 97, I commute of some old forest roads and turn it into a 20 mile drive. Fun for a commute, but it is more rally style driving than it is Jeeping.

Any suggestions on some good trails would be appreciated.

DesertJK (David)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 08-24-2010, 09:58 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Naches is NB on 410 out of Yakima. Great area. Ask anyone in the Yakima area where to head to, and grab a map. Lots of terrain. PNW meet and greet at Naches Sept 10-11 as well. The NW JKOers will be there.

Link to mapping: http://www.nwjeepn.com/WAtrails.htm

Hope to see ya
post #3 of 27 Old 08-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Wheeler

Send a message via Yahoo to M. Hoyt

gggrrrrrrr .... I'll be home but already have plans for that weekend, maybe i'll catch up to you guys some other time

07 2dr X silver, 35x12.5x20 Toyo O/C MTs, I know... trying to get rid of the 20's for some 15's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 08-24-2010, 10:40 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Sounds good.

If you end up WB on 90 near Snoqualimie Pass, Liberty is there as well. Same mapping link.
post #5 of 27 Old 08-24-2010, 12:07 PM
Wheeler

If there are more details somewhere on the Sept 10-11 thing, I might be able to plug that into my calendar. Would be fun for me and the boy to do on the way to the Seahawks game on the 12th.
post #6 of 27 Old 08-24-2010, 12:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Sorry, it is the 11th and 12th, Sat and Sun. I believe the PNW4WD Association is putting it on.
post #7 of 27 Old 09-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Wheeler

Found it... taking the kids.

PNW Jeep Meet and Greet

Smittybuilt SRC side armor; Body armor roof rack/cargo basket; Body armor tire swing rear bumper; KC Daylighters, and rack lights; Daystar switch panel; Warrior Product rear armor, round LED tail and backup lights; Cheap ass ultra wheels and 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers, Superchips, Purejeep front hoop/stinger bumper, 3.5" Rough Country lift, Smitty winch... the parts keep rolling in...
post #8 of 27 Old 09-07-2010, 11:28 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nice. I've never personally attended this meet, but supposed to be a good time.

We have a group of approximately 6 meeting at the Emunclaw Safeway at 8am Saturday. We are then running the Naches Trail West to East, ending in the Naches area for the meet.

Hope to see you there.
post #9 of 27 Old 09-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Wheeler

Sounds fun. Im heading there Sat. morning from Ephrata. Going to stay the night, then hit Qwest field for the Swahawks home opener. Very convienient that this event is 'on the way' lol. I have my silver JKOwners decals on the jeep. Might make me easier to spot.

Smittybuilt SRC side armor; Body armor roof rack/cargo basket; Body armor tire swing rear bumper; KC Daylighters, and rack lights; Daystar switch panel; Warrior Product rear armor, round LED tail and backup lights; Cheap ass ultra wheels and 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers, Superchips, Purejeep front hoop/stinger bumper, 3.5" Rough Country lift, Smitty winch... the parts keep rolling in...
post #10 of 27 Old 09-08-2010, 08:34 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

We should be a group of: black, yellow, forest green and silver 4doors and a red 2dr. Big black 4dr has JKO Just below windshield lights and Heros Fastback top.

See ya
post #11 of 27 Old 09-08-2010, 12:54 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Isn't there going to be a massive amount of people on this run? I'm just thinking it could take along time to run the trail. And you guys are running it East to West now? Still debating, I had a blast last time I did it.
post #12 of 27 Old 09-08-2010, 12:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Corrected my last On direction: west to east.
post #13 of 27 Old 09-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Wheeler

Supposed to be lots of people, and lots of trail options. Im going more to check out rigs, and find new ways to go broke. Also camping with the kids is always fun. Put a new bumper/swing arm on today, and a rack going on hopefully tomorrow. Fun stuffs!

post #14 of 27 Old 09-11-2010, 01:33 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Good for you Tak, I had to bail, Father inlaw hit the emergency room there for I have to spend some quality hospital time. Hope everything went well. That a great trail. The wife did tell me we can do it together soon though.
post #15 of 27 Old 09-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Wheeler

Great time. Lotsa swag given away, unfortunately I didnt win any. Steaks were tasty, kids had a blast.

Probably do it again next year.
Hope your family member is ok. Stay safe yourself.

post #16 of 27 Old 09-13-2010, 09:26 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Our group of 9 rigs ran the full Naches Trail, then headed over to Funny and Moon Rocks. Only saw one other JKOer (red rock 4dr with a Gobi rack) heading westbound on the trail. Never saw the Meet and Greet area.
post #17 of 27 Old 09-13-2010, 10:11 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Got any pics? Wish I could have made it.
post #18 of 27 Old 09-13-2010, 10:16 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I believe James and Mike have some pics. Tough to take pics on the trail in; narrow and very few open areas. There is some video and pics from Rocks. I didn't make it to that area, got sidetracked on some other trails. Rest of the group hungout at Rocks.
post #19 of 27 Old 09-13-2010, 04:59 PM
Wheeler

I was camped next to the gobi rack guy. Got there too late to do any of the runs. Too bad ya didnt make it to the camp. Good times.

post #20 of 27 Old 09-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Wheeler

Send a message via Yahoo to M. Hoyt

Ben, we gotta get together and wheel One of my army buddies just got his rig back from the shop, added lift/tires, bumpers and a winch and is ready to take it out

07 2dr X silver, 35x12.5x20 Toyo O/C MTs, I know... trying to get rid of the 20's for some 15's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #21 of 27 Old 09-17-2010, 05:32 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Let me know when you wanna go. I think Tahuya would be about the closest to you. I've been there a couple times but don't know the trails all that well. I guess last time we were running some quad trails for a while never remembered the trails being so tight. But we could figure it out. I know I have to be out of the house on the 26th, wife is having a candle party.

Last edited by BenDrinken; 09-17-2010 at 01:14 PM.
post #22 of 27 Old 09-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Wheeler

Anyone up for some trails sunday... My jeep if pretty stock but it would be nice to follow some folks who know the trails. We hit Tahuya a few weeks ago but missed alot of the trails (got confused).
post #23 of 27 Old 09-23-2010, 07:42 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnichols2 View Post
Anyone up for some trails sunday... My jeep if pretty stock but it would be nice to follow some folks who know the trails. We hit Tahuya a few weeks ago but missed alot of the trails (got confused).
I'm down for something, I'm not super familiar with the trails but how much trouble could we get into.????
post #24 of 27 Old 09-23-2010, 11:02 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDrinken View Post
I'm down for something, I'm not super familiar with the trails but how much trouble could we get into.????
out of town this week how bout next sunday?
post #25 of 27 Old 09-25-2010, 09:00 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'll have to get back to you for next week end. I have a day pass from the wife for tomorrow 9/26 for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode