Member With Well Built Steel Blue JK With Cut Flares - Question Please - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-06-2016, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Member With Well Built Steel Blue JK With Cut Flares - Question Please

I feel like a 12 year old writing this.. However, I am looking to talk to a local member here if I can find him. I stumbled across a very nicely built and pretty new JK on the 4th of July (afternoon) at the Muckleshoot reservation buying fireworks. The Jeep had a LA kit, beadlocks, I think 37" BFGs, aftermarket axles, JK Owners sticker, and had the flares cut so beautifully, it changed my mind about not wanting to cut my flares vs. buying aftermarket.

Anyway, if anybody may know who that is or if you see this, I would love to talk to you about your flares and maybe take some photos of it if you are around! Cutting flares on a JK is a hell of a lot more work than a TJ!

- Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-08-2016, 04:30 PM
Wheeler

No idea - but I live just North of Auburn area, so I'm going to have check it out if I spot it. Of course there is a LOT of jeep JK's around here, just Yesterday, saw a setup white 4 door, that said "battlewagon" on the hood.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-08-2016, 08:43 PM
Rock God

I think I know who you're talking about. I used to be stationed in Columbus ga and rode with a lot of guys. Let me try and find him and I'll post a pic of his jeep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-08-2016, 08:46 PM
Rock God

Maybe not the same guy but here's his jeep. This was from a couple years ago mind you.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-11-2016, 06:52 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for the responses guys. The photo above looks like it was done pretty well too. For every 20 fender chop jobs I have seen, only a couple look how I would like it, and this dang elusive Jeep is one of the ones I have seen done beautifully and I honestly just want to copy it It is a little like Project JK's version, just a little cleaner IMO. I have spent way too much $$ on my Jeep the past few months to justify aftermarket flares, I just got full soft doors yesterday in fact I can't stand wheeling with full doors.

The guy with the Jeep with Battlewagon on the hood (apologies, I don't remember his name), I met wheeling on a snow run up in Greenwater last winter. He has a well set up Jeep with a ton of money into it. Looking at it, he uses it well too. His dad actually has a 2 door JK with a similar setup and they wheel together, I think from the south end Maple Valley area.

Thanks for the responses! If anybody has any real clean looking flare chop jobs, post 'em!

- Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode