making a better D30 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-19-2010, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

making a better D30

WELL i bent my axle tubs and gussets so now i am going to add some things to the front axle and see if that will help. the JK D30 and D44 both have thin tubes and can be bent if you play to hard. so here is my fix. weld in 3/8 a steel tube in side the axle and weld on a gusset kit and see how that works. the tube kit is from teraflex.
pics.

gusset kit

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-19-2010, 05:13 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nice!

Take a bunch of pics, inner sleeves are on my short list. The rest is done.
post #3 of 10 Old 05-19-2010, 09:04 PM
Wheeler

Cmy, don't know if this would help you, but I'll have a d44 housing available soon if that is a direction you want to go. I don't know what if anything is directly swappable between the 30's and 44's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 05-20-2010, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnee View Post
Cmy, don't know if this would help you, but I'll have a d44 housing available soon if that is a direction you want to go. I don't know what if anything is directly swappable between the 30's and 44's.
thanks for the offer but i think i will be all right with this upgrade. if not then on to a bigger front end LOL D60 OR BIGGER
post #5 of 10 Old 05-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Rock God

I'm looking into doing this also, keep us informed please!

Kevin M.
2008 JK Sahara Unlimited, 3.8L, 3.5" Rubicon Express lift with (5) 35/70R17s' BFG KM2s' on Pro Comp Xtreme Alloys 7069 Series, Red Rock, Crystal Pearl, Galaxy CB Radio, Hella FF lights, Smittybilt XRC front and rear bumpers, Xenon Flat Fenders, 12K Mile Marker winch, front and rear Rugged Ridge diff guards, Mopar slush mats, and Vision X led rock lights, IPF 920H4 JK Headlights, Superchips flashpac, River Raider rock sliders, front/rear Coast 1310 driveshafts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 Old 05-21-2010, 09:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Re: making a better D30

Clint, I am officially calling you "Banger" from now on. LOL. BEER......
post #7 of 10 Old 05-21-2010, 09:06 AM
Rock God

Garage

I just did the same over the weekend... except I use ORE sleeves. Pretty painless. I dont have a lift so we pulled the front axle. One of these days, i'll post the pics we did take.

Joe -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
-
post #8 of 10 Old 05-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Rock God

Garage

NICE! I have the ORE sleeves/gussets/skids in my garage waiting to go in. Just have to wait for the RCV shafts and gears to show up.

Glad to hear it went smoothly. Looking forward to seeing the end result.

Jersey
Crew
JK retired Wednesday, March 21st, 2012.
07 X 6spd • Clayton 3.5 • OME LT • ORE Gussets/Sleeves • RCV Shafts • JKS Discos & Track • AEV Snorkel • FLW Rear Bumper • RRF Front• PSC Sliders • RROR Skids • Poly P. Ball Joints• Wood's Shafts• Yukon Gears • Maxxis Kreepy Krawlers • Superwinch epi9• Safari Straps
post #9 of 10 Old 05-21-2010, 12:57 PM
Rock God

Garage

okay so, we tend to get distracted by actually doing work instead of taking pics... I dont even have a finished shot... I'll have to see if my friend does:

My friend drilling the axle:

another friend doing the plug welds:

welding the inner seal:

finished all the welds:

Joe -
-
-
-
post #10 of 10 Old 05-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Rock God

Garage

probably took us 10 hours from the time I pulled in to the time I pulled out.

Joe -
-
-
-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode