New around here - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 06-05-2013, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

New around here

I was at my dad's wedding last weekend talking to Dave and Reggie (who watched me grow up and taught me how to shoot) and Dave turned me on to this forum and the Jersey Crew one, so i figured that i would check it out.

Anyway, I'm Josh, I grew up in South Jersey my whole life and currently live in Buena. I've had a TJ and a few lifted Chevys over the last 5 years so i may have ran into a few of you in wharton during clean-up or just trail riding. I dont have anything lifted right now but i'm hoping to have a JK or TJ soon, it just depends on how eager i get and what i can afford when i reach my breaking point.
I work on F-16 Jet Engines for the Airforce so i know my way around a tool box pretty well and I'm always willing to lend a hand. I also have a GMC Sierra and a car trailer and would never leave anyone on the side of the road or in the woods (as long as i can get there haha).

Hopefully ill find my way into a Jeep soon and will be able to come out and play. Here are a few pics of my old rides.

Me on the left
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 06-05-2013, 05:19 PM
Granite Guru

Welcome! A friend of theirs is a friend of mine.
post #3 of 24 Old 06-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Wheeler

Wassup Bro. Hmm. A turbine powered rock crawler? I like it! Except it probably burn the forest down all around us.

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 06-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Rock God

Garage

Welcome, now get your ass in a jeep!

a.k.a. Christian - 2011 Black Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon
37" MTRK, RK 3.5 X-Factor (3-Link Rear) and other stuff..
Owner/Manager -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and other Web Properties

post #5 of 24 Old 06-05-2013, 06:52 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

welcome....I like the muddy pickups!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #6 of 24 Old 06-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Rock God

Hey Josh!!!!! Had a blast hanging out with you Saturday!
Great pics, I remember some of those sweet rides you've had.

Welcome to JKO, cannot wait to get you out wheeling in a Jeep!

No good deed goes unpunished.

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
post #7 of 24 Old 06-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Fight To Live View Post
This x2. Welcome to the madhouse.

~ Dave G. ~
Jersey
Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsub View Post
I'll see you in hell with the rest of the Crew.
post #8 of 24 Old 06-06-2013, 04:53 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobbs_77 View Post
Wassup Bro. Hmm. A turbine powered rock crawler? I like it! Except it probably burn the forest down all around us.
I definitely wouldn't try to pull anyone out with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecollector View Post
Hey Josh!!!!! Had a blast hanging out with you Saturday!
Great pics, I remember some of those sweet rides you've had.

Welcome to JKO, cannot wait to get you out wheeling in a Jeep!

No good deed goes unpunished.
It was definitely awesome to see you guys. Hopefully you'll be seeing me up on some 37s again soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsub View Post
Josh missed this last night. Welcome to JKO. With a name like Bone your a natural for the Crew. It was good seeing you at your dads wedding.
Thanks for telling me about this, it seems like you guys have a tight group here. I'm definitely looking forward to coming out
post #9 of 24 Old 06-06-2013, 05:05 AM
Rock God

Garage

Welcome Josh, Friend/Family to Dave and Reg is more than a Friend/Family member to me. Welcome!! How many years have you put in with the Airforce? Career?

Oh yeah, GET A DAMN JEEP!!! We already have Jeepless Jay we dont need Jeepless Lil'bone....

JERSEY
CREW
Better to be Judged by 12 than to be Carried by 6...

post #10 of 24 Old 06-06-2013, 05:39 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf Actual View Post
Welcome Josh, Friend/Family to Dave and Reg is more than a Friend/Family member to me. Welcome!! How many years have you put in with the Airforce? Career?

Oh yeah, GET A DAMN JEEP!!! We already have Jeepless Jay we dont need Jeepless Lil'bone....
I've been in 8 years now but I'm starting to second guess whether or not this is the career for me. thinking about law enforcement.

I usually get what i want when it comes to vehicles, even if it means eating Ramen noodles for a few weeks, so i cant imagine that ill be jeepless long.
post #11 of 24 Old 06-06-2013, 05:56 AM
Wheeler

So you're the one with the big truck who rutted out that mud hole getting me stuck for an hour....LOL! Welcome Josh, your previous rigs look awesome and I look forward to meeting you down the road.

Jersey
Crew
post #12 of 24 Old 06-06-2013, 06:15 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Fight To Live View Post
^^^This x3

Welcome

Jersey Crew

post #13 of 24 Old 06-06-2013, 07:50 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBone View Post
I've been in 8 years now but I'm starting to second guess whether or not this is the career for me. thinking about law enforcement.

I usually get what i want when it comes to vehicles, even if it means eating Ramen noodles for a few weeks, so i cant imagine that ill be jeepless long.
Im sure things are getting just as stupid in all of the military branches. Main reason I left and that was back in 05. Law Enforement is a great career choice but remember it isnt necessarily your back ground in NJ but more of who you know. Kind of ass backwards nowadays. With the technology you worked on I would suggest something along the lines of Aircraft mechanic for one of the airlines. One of my buddies does it and he travels all over the world for free for 2-3 day mini vacations. He flys to ireland about every three months just to play golf. lol. Best of luck with what ever you decide to do. Getting out of hte military is a trip. Good Luck!

JERSEY
CREW
Better to be Judged by 12 than to be Carried by 6...

post #14 of 24 Old 06-06-2013, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf Actual View Post
Im sure things are getting just as stupid in all of the military branches. Main reason I left and that was back in 05. Law Enforement is a great career choice but remember it isnt necessarily your back ground in NJ but more of who you know. Kind of ass backwards nowadays. With the technology you worked on I would suggest something along the lines of Aircraft mechanic for one of the airlines. One of my buddies does it and he travels all over the world for free for 2-3 day mini vacations. He flys to ireland about every three months just to play golf. lol. Best of luck with what ever you decide to do. Getting out of hte military is a trip. Good Luck!
Yeah, I'm actually a federal military technician so I'm dual status military which is a little bit different than active duty. I've also been over to the sand box twice so vets status should help me.. and that fact that i applied for Camden Metro police... haha. I would rather turn wrenches as a hobby than do it for the rest of my life as my career. What did you do while you were in?
post #15 of 24 Old 06-06-2013, 08:11 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Welcome to the mad house, stay in do your 20, your young and you can do 12 more standing on your head. After that you will have alot of doors open to you and you'll be young enough to step into them. (just my $.02)

" I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots" Albert Einstein
post #16 of 24 Old 06-06-2013, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDAM View Post
Welcome to the mad house, stay in do your 20, your young and you can do 12 more standing on your head. After that you will have alot of doors open to you and you'll be young enough to step into them. (just my $.02)
Thanks. Being a federal military technician means that i cant collect after 20. I cant collect until I'm 62 though. There's a grey area between being military and a civilian and that's where i fall. I definitely have a lot of thinking to do though.
post #17 of 24 Old 06-06-2013, 08:46 AM
Granite Guru

Welcome

Jersey crew
post #18 of 24 Old 06-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Rock God

Welcome aboard.
post #19 of 24 Old 06-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Granite Guru

Welcome Josh!
A Jeep and Chevy guy, I like it! A few too many Ford guys around here, if you ask me...
post #20 of 24 Old 06-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Yeah, I'm actually a federal military technician so I'm dual status military which is a little bit different than active duty. I've also been over to the sand box twice so vets status should help me.. and that fact that i applied for Camden Metro police... haha. I would rather turn wrenches as a hobby than do it for the rest of my life as my career. What did you do while you were in?
Are you down in AC?

post #21 of 24 Old 06-06-2013, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klink View Post
Are you down in AC?
yup, at the 177th Fighter Wing.
post #22 of 24 Old 06-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Granite Guru

Welcome josh, I know your friend in that pic of you. Jay

'99 TJ - DPG Ultimate Lift,Ome,JKS,Rokmen arms,35's
Alloy rear axles,detroit locker,Tatton,G2 front axles,Lockrite
'12 Arctic Edition Unlimited- stock for now
'99 XJ 3.5 RE lift and 32s
post #23 of 24 Old 06-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
yup, at the 177th Fighter Wing.
You know Tim Smith?

post #24 of 24 Old 06-07-2013, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Small world, and yes I know Tim smith. He works across the street from me in metals tech. He takes care of me when I break tools haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode