As Things Change, the More They Stay the Same.. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 05-31-2013, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
As Things Change, the More They Stay the Same..

For anyone not in the UG, here's a recent press release:

"Well, you may have seen me post, or talk a little about the house, and selling it. Looks like things are starting to come together. Hoping to go into contract this afternoon, and set the closing date for 7/26/13. After many ideas and much thought, we will be moving out of state. We had visited Huntersville NC a few months ago, and that's where we are going to end up, for now. We'll actually be about 5 mins from ABadJeeper (Jeremy), so we will definitely rock and represent the bones well.

Depending on how packing, and the logistics of the move go, I am hoping/planning on getting out at least once more with all of you before we move. I will be up at Rausch next weekend for Freaks. After that, either the Pines or again out at RC to catch up with everyone. We plan to travel up to NJ a few times a year, and when possible, I will make my way down and get dirty and enjoy some wings any chance I get.

Now, what does this mean, what's going to change? In my opinion..Nothing. As long as you will have me, I will continue to be your 'crack dealer' as some of you call it..in fact, once we transfer the business to NC, I'll be able to go deeper on some discounts, cause I won't have the 7% sales tax hanging over my head.. As I have said before, I truly appreciate all that everyone has given me, and I hope I have done the same for you.

Anyway, busy weekends for the next two months..a (work) trip to Vegas towards the end of June, will start to complicate things, but we'll figure it out. Once I know more about what weekends I will have free, I'll post up a Saturday run, ending at the Pic, for Wings, courtesy of #JJG!

Thanks as always, Christian"

a.k.a. Christian - 2011 Black Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon
37" MTRK, RK 3.5 X-Factor (3-Link Rear) and other stuff..
Owner/Manager -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and other Web Properties

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 05-31-2013, 12:00 PM
Rock God

This is going to be fun now maybe I can get a few of the Crew to make a road trip. We can get out and wheel a few places I know. The biggest problem is finding a place that replaces the Pic to eat at afterwards. There is just nothing like it down here.

09 Rubicon Unlimited on 42's with some stuff

post #3 of 26 Old 05-31-2013, 12:20 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abadjeeper View Post
This is going to be fun now maybe I can get a few of the Crew to make a road trip. We can get out and wheel a few places I know. The biggest problem is finding a place that replaces the Pic to eat at afterwards. There is just nothing like it down here.
I'm in for a road trip

"Eat Liquid Gold"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 Old 05-31-2013, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NascarRubicon View Post
I'm in for a road trip
You are, or will be, my first target.

Owner/Manager -
and other Web Properties

post #5 of 26 Old 05-31-2013, 12:32 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
I'm in too. There has to be a good BBQ joint or something somewhere down there.

Jersey
Crew

post #6 of 26 Old 05-31-2013, 01:53 PM

I've driven further for less!
post #7 of 26 Old 05-31-2013, 02:05 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by artayay View Post
You are, or will be, my first target.
8 hours to uwharrie? That'll do

"Eat Liquid Gold"
post #8 of 26 Old 05-31-2013, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
8 hours to uwharrie? That'll do
From DE? 6.5-7 Max

Owner/Manager -
and other Web Properties

post #9 of 26 Old 05-31-2013, 02:11 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
From DE? 6.5-7 Max
Fine with me

"Eat Liquid Gold"
post #10 of 26 Old 05-31-2013, 03:13 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve31 View Post
I'm in too. There has to be a good BBQ joint or something somewhere down there.
Quote:
Jeremy you might just have to take them 45-60min to Lexington for BBQ(proclaimed BBQ capital of world), it would be worth the ride. There is NOTHING close to Uwharrie to eat except the Eldorado and thats really just something to hold you over lol. You guys could stay at the Uwharrie cabins or camp at Badin Lake or everyone crash at Christians house Oh yeah if you want beer get it before you get to Uwharrie.

go in October for the festival
http://barbecuefestival.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #11 of 26 Old 05-31-2013, 04:00 PM
Rock God

Just make sure you vote pro 2a if you move down here and you are good to go. If you are moving closer to Jeremy, I'm sure I'll run into ya.

I have a jeep and it goes over shit.
post #12 of 26 Old 05-31-2013, 06:01 PM
Rock God

We have a good BBQ place within 5-10 minutes of our houses. There are plenty of reasonable hotels in the area too.

We may have to hit LevellineBrad up for a ride at his clubs property. It's some of the best wheeling around. We could do URE one day and then a ride on some forest service roads in the mountains or a ride at one of the private parks.

FYI It takes me 8.5 hours to Atco in my JK.

post #13 of 26 Old 05-31-2013, 06:03 PM
Rock God

Nascar - I'm guessing you like Nascar so I may be able arrange a couple tours.

post #14 of 26 Old 05-31-2013, 06:04 PM
Granite Guru

Good luck with the move and all future endeavors.

.................................................. ......................
08 detonator yellow JK rubi.RIPP super charger 3.5" Rock Krawler X factor long arm, with 2.5 remote res Coil overs, 37" mtr/k's,. With a bunch of other fun stuff!
post #15 of 26 Old 05-31-2013, 06:33 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Yea buddy!

"Eat Liquid Gold"
post #16 of 26 Old 05-31-2013, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Quote:
Yea buddy!
That was gonna be the hook to get him to make the trip..good to know!!

Fo realz, tho.. If there is (NJ) Crew willing, this could be a pretty cool trip. I'm not even down there yet, and I'm already excited for a wheeling weekend.

Jeremy, def gotta see what else is around besides URE..

Owner/Manager -
and other Web Properties

post #17 of 26 Old 05-31-2013, 07:18 PM
Rock God

There's a bunch of fire roads throughout the mountains. Nothing like Wharton but the views are a little better. A lot of the private property here I would equate to the harder stuff at RC. I just like to get out so I don't care where I go. If you guys come we'll have fun for sure one way or another. We can do an open house at the shop too so we can all have a place to hang or we can do it at my house too. Crew is always welcome down here.

post #18 of 26 Old 05-31-2013, 07:19 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:

Fo realz, tho.. If there is (NJ) Crew willing, this could be a pretty cool trip. I'm not even down there yet, and I'm already excited for a wheeling weekend.

My autumn is open for camping and wheeling.

8 hours seems very reasonable.

Ryan

BAM. Me, "wonder what that was?" Tom, "pretty sure it was the top of something coming into contact with the bottom of your Jeep."
Jersey
Crew
post #19 of 26 Old 05-31-2013, 08:31 PM
Wheeler

Good luck with the move and everything that comes along with it.
post #20 of 26 Old 05-31-2013, 08:44 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJKU12 View Post
My autumn is open for camping and wheeling.

8 hours seems very reasonable.
Maybe at least on the way down hit up Skyline Drive as a halfway point / 1st night camp?

post #21 of 26 Old 06-01-2013, 08:01 AM
Granite Guru

Good luck with the move Christian.
post #22 of 26 Old 06-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Rock God

Someone say...road trip?? I'll drive.

EX-Jersey
Crew

Find us at www.disconnectedoffroad.com
post #23 of 26 Old 06-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Rock God

Garage

Mixed feelings man. I'm happy you're following your dreams but sad that you're gonna be so far away. Maybe I can do a road trip this fall.

I'm a JKO Reject
post #24 of 26 Old 06-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Banned

Only 8 hours? Shit, I could do that standing on my head right about now.

I jut did the skyline, blue ridge and A1A all in one trip. Only took 25:15 hours of ass in seat time.

post #25 of 26 Old 06-03-2013, 07:45 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:

Let me get through this new baby thing and I'm in for a road trip: truck, trailer, jeep and family.

aka- Brian

08' JKU on 38's... parted out and SOLD
13' JKU Rubi... On HOLD, 04' LJ to suppliment
Rise and Rise Again Until Lambs Become Lions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode