New Here, just wanted to say hi. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 Old 05-14-2013, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

New Here, just wanted to say hi.

Well it's nice to see a thread just for NJ, but being from here that really doesn't surprise me. But anyway, just wanted to say hello and hopefully you guys have some meet ups and runs during the week say like Monday and Tuesday when I'm off. But by the looks of things I have a ways to go before I would be able to keep up with the rigs most of you are running. Anyway, thanks for reading. Cheers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 Old 05-15-2013, 01:49 AM
Rock God

Welcome aboard.
post #3 of 51 Old 05-15-2013, 03:24 AM
Wheeler

Greetings Chefs!

First of all, is that a brand new Jeep? If so, nicely done.

As for keeping up with other Jeeps, you will be amazed at the capabilities of a stock Jeep. A wolf in sheep's clothing, I tell you. Once it's time to upgrade, feel free to drop by the Jersey Crew thread. We've got enough modded rigs that just about every good and bad mod is covered. In other words, learn from the mistakes of others. It'll save you time and money.

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 51 Old 05-15-2013, 03:50 AM
Rock God

Garage

Yo Chefs, welcome aboard new guy. We always love fresh meat for the grinder... Judging by your name I would assume you do as well.. BA Dum... ehh never mind.

Welcome aboard!

JERSEY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CREW
Better to be Judged by 12 than to be Carried by 6...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 51 Old 05-15-2013, 03:51 AM
Rock God

Garage

Welcome. Hang around, read all you can, offer help if possible..you'll get there.

a.k.a. Christian - 2011 Black Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon
37" MTRK, RK 3.5 X-Factor (3-Link Rear) and other stuff..
Owner/Manager -
and other Web Properties

post #6 of 51 Old 05-15-2013, 03:53 AM
Granite Guru

Welcome what party of Jersey are you from?

Hint: central Jersey doesn't exist.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
disconnected

post #7 of 51 Old 05-15-2013, 04:28 AM
Granite Guru

Welcome! There are plenty of us stock Jeeps around, come on out!
post #8 of 51 Old 05-15-2013, 04:34 AM
Rock God

Garage

Shiny new Jeep, how do you feel about mud and sand and the paint on the side of your doors?

Welcome. There are a few with weekday weekends. Most rides happen on Saturday or Sunday, but there are always folks that feel the urge to get muddy during the week. Hope to see you on a trail sometime soon.

Ryan

BAM. Me, "wonder what that was?" Tom, "pretty sure it was the top of something coming into contact with the bottom of your Jeep."
Jersey
Crew
post #9 of 51 Old 05-15-2013, 05:30 AM
Rock God

Welcome to the madness

Jersey
Crew
Dont like im still here? Tough shit! Shut Up & Wheel!
post #10 of 51 Old 05-15-2013, 05:38 AM
Granite Guru

Welcome, and good luck.

You will be surprised what your stocker can do!

Jersey
Crew!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerdog View Post
Steph, you are the spicy mustard that binds this sausage fest together.
"You cant stop me, you can only try and contain me.."
post #11 of 51 Old 05-15-2013, 05:38 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Welcome to JKO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #12 of 51 Old 05-15-2013, 05:53 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJKU12 View Post
Shiny new Jeep, how do you feel about mud and sand and the paint on the side of your doors?

Welcome. There are a few with weekday weekends. Most rides happen on Saturday or Sunday, but there are always folks that feel the urge to get muddy during the week. Hope to see you on a trail sometime soon.

Well put it this way, that is the pic that was taken when I got it home, about and hour later it was covered in mud, best I could with stock tires and I got stuck in a pretty deep hole, but 4Lo managed to get me out nicely. I feel the only way to see how something works is to try it out. 3 weeks later I have scratches all over the place and to be honest, it doesn't even bother me. I bought it to go offroad with, if I wanted to stay on the road I would have bought a car.
post #13 of 51 Old 05-15-2013, 05:53 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGTom View Post
Welcome what party of Jersey are you from?

Hint: central Jersey doesn't exist.
Im from South Jersey, near LBI.
post #14 of 51 Old 05-15-2013, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobbs_77 View Post
Greetings Chefs!

First of all, is that a brand new Jeep? If so, nicely done.

As for keeping up with other Jeeps, you will be amazed at the capabilities of a stock Jeep. A wolf in sheep's clothing, I tell you. Once it's time to upgrade, feel free to drop by the Jersey Crew thread. We've got enough modded rigs that just about every good and bad mod is covered. In other words, learn from the mistakes of others. It'll save you time and money.
Yeah it had 1 mile on it, I picked it up coming off the delivery truck. And if you knew what I went through before this Jeep, you would understand why I just bought a new one. But put it this way, I had a 2011 Ram I bought in Sept. And traded it in with only putting 4000 miles on it. Long story short, I was duped with the Ram.
post #15 of 51 Old 05-15-2013, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf Actual View Post
Yo Chefs, welcome aboard new guy. We always love fresh meat for the grinder... Judging by your name I would assume you do as well.. BA Dum... ehh never mind.

Welcome aboard!
Nice!!
post #16 of 51 Old 05-15-2013, 05:58 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefsSvx View Post
Well put it this way, that is the pic that was taken when I got it home, about and hour later it was covered in mud, best I could with stock tires and I got stuck in a pretty deep hole, but 4Lo managed to get me out nicely. I feel the only way to see how something works is to try it out. 3 weeks later I have scratches all over the place and to be honest, it doesn't even bother me. I bought it to go offroad with, if I wanted to stay on the road I would have bought a car.
Very solid answer! I think you may have found some like minded individuals

Ryan

BAM. Me, "wonder what that was?" Tom, "pretty sure it was the top of something coming into contact with the bottom of your Jeep."
Jersey
Crew
post #17 of 51 Old 05-15-2013, 07:07 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

welcome aboard...time to post the test.....Ryan????

" I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots" Albert Einstein
post #18 of 51 Old 05-15-2013, 10:45 AM
JKO Addict!

Welcome.

Greg
post #19 of 51 Old 05-15-2013, 10:51 AM
Rock God

Garage

Welcome to JKO. You chose the correct color IMO for wheeling tight trails - silver hides the scratches better. Check out the Jersey Crew thread for info on local rides and events. Most rides are open to non-members, so you can decide whether you want to belong after you've experienced the insanity in-person.

I'm a JKO Reject
post #20 of 51 Old 05-15-2013, 02:23 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
^^^^this ......my rubi touched mud at 25 miles on the clock.... nice to meet you man
Btw Im off on Sunday and monday and rip through the woods as many weekdays and weeknights as I can
my normal stomping ground is in Jackson and your welcome to join in the fun : )

P.s welcome to the forum and get to know everyone well there are many knowledgeable people
here who will definitely save u time and money
post #21 of 51 Old 05-15-2013, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpInTheRoad View Post
Welcome to JKO. You chose the correct color IMO for wheeling tight trails - silver hides the scratches better. Check out the Jersey Crew thread for info on local rides and events. Most rides are open to non-members, so you can decide whether you want to belong after you've experienced the insanity in-person.
I work in the restaurant business in the kitchen. I am used to the insanity of people!!
post #22 of 51 Old 05-15-2013, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12jkoc View Post
^^^^this ......my rubi touched mud at 25 miles on the clock.... nice to meet you man
Btw Im off on Sunday and monday and rip through the woods as many weekdays and weeknights as I can
my normal stomping ground is in Jackson and your welcome to join in the fun : )

P.s welcome to the forum and get to know everyone well there are many knowledgeable people
here who will definitely save u time and money
Thanks much appreciated, I'm off Mondays and Tuesdays and I work at the end of Lacey Rd. So I wouldn't be that far out as it is. But first things first, definitely need to upgrade my tires. I'm thinking the Duratrac's since they are a good price and people seem to love them. But I am open to suggestions. I also just plan on keeping the stock wheels at the moment. Any other input would be more then welcome. It gets a bit confusing with all the different options and styles out there available, my mind is doing tumbles just trying to figure it all out!
post #23 of 51 Old 05-15-2013, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDAM View Post
welcome aboard...time to post the test.....Ryan????
What is this test I'm hearing about? Haha.
post #24 of 51 Old 05-15-2013, 07:25 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
What is this test I'm hearing about? Haha.
Introduce yourself on the Jersey Crew thread and it will come.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
disconnected

post #25 of 51 Old 05-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Rock God

Welcome.
My boss owns the dock Rd crab shack out by u.

EX-Jersey
Crew

Find us at www.disconnectedoffroad.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode