Hey guys - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-02-2017, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Hey guys

Came back to check if any of the old guys were still hanging around JKO. Kind of gather that a lot of shit went down, shame. Anyway if any of you are still here and still take trips through the pines let me know. Recently bought a JK again its still stock but would love to take a trip one of these days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-05-2017, 08:15 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws2 View Post
Came back to check if any of the old guys were still hanging around JKO. Kind of gather that a lot of shit went down, shame. Anyway if any of you are still here and still take trips through the pines let me know. Recently bought a JK again its still stock but would love to take a trip one of these days.
Pines are pretty well patrolled lately from what I gathered. You might be disappointed if you haven't gone down in years.
With that said I had fun last time I went but I probably could have had just as much fun in a 2wd truck.
basically they've cracked down a lot on going through water holes and crap like that. I couldn't find a single trail off the main roads that weren't marked up with atleast two separate signs which doesn't physically stop anyone but I saw a decent amount of park rangers too.

This is my Signature
post #3 of 7 Old 06-08-2017, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvjeeper View Post
Pines are pretty well patrolled lately from what I gathered. You might be disappointed if you haven't gone down in years.
With that said I had fun last time I went but I probably could have had just as much fun in a 2wd truck.
basically they've cracked down a lot on going through water holes and crap like that. I couldn't find a single trail off the main roads that weren't marked up with atleast two separate signs which doesn't physically stop anyone but I saw a decent amount of park rangers too.
Ah, that' s too bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-09-2017, 02:16 AM
KJV
Granite Guru

Like anywhere, there is a set of rules to follow. They now have a MAP plan, that includes a map of routes/trails that are off limits and trails that are still vehicle accessible. Follow it and you are good....stray and pay if caught.

2010 JKU. 3.5 RK Flex, 37" Nitto Trail Grappler MT, Method 105's. Poly Drag link, Fusion 4x4 Tie Rod, DIY Hydro Assist, Ultimate Dana 44 Front, Rubi 44 Rear. Ten Factory Chromoly Axles, EVO RockStar Skids 5.13's, VKS Shorty V2 with Warn HS9500i, EVO rear D-ring mounts, VKS Prerunner Sliders, Synergy Cage
post #5 of 7 Old 06-09-2017, 10:07 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJV View Post
Like anywhere, there is a set of rules to follow. They now have a MAP plan, that includes a map of routes/trails that are off limits and trails that are still vehicle accessible. Follow it and you are good....stray and pay if caught.
The map is pretty crappy IMO. I'm pretty decent at following maps but some of the actual trails didn't match up to the MAP. Also some that seemed to be allowed on the map had signs on each side of the trial saying they were off limits.

Also the signs they post are unclear as well.

This is my Signature
post #6 of 7 Old 06-09-2017, 04:54 PM
KJV
Granite Guru

The signs are just posted randomly on trails, they are not specific to that particular road. The map is easy to follow. If you happen to have the Maplets app, you can download a copy that is GPS enabled and can see exactly where you are. If you are using the paper printed map and are caught in an area where you honestly thought you were legal, a written warning of the offense is usually all you will receive. Professional courtesy goes a long way. Act like a jerkoff and they will treat you as such. There are still plenty of decent trails to be driven on, just not the usual mud bogs.

2010 JKU. 3.5 RK Flex, 37" Nitto Trail Grappler MT, Method 105's. Poly Drag link, Fusion 4x4 Tie Rod, DIY Hydro Assist, Ultimate Dana 44 Front, Rubi 44 Rear. Ten Factory Chromoly Axles, EVO RockStar Skids 5.13's, VKS Shorty V2 with Warn HS9500i, EVO rear D-ring mounts, VKS Prerunner Sliders, Synergy Cage
post #7 of 7 Old 06-10-2017, 07:14 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJV View Post
The signs are just posted randomly on trails, they are not specific to that particular road. The map is easy to follow. If you happen to have the Maplets app, you can download a copy that is GPS enabled and can see exactly where you are. If you are using the paper printed map and are caught in an area where you honestly thought you were legal, a written warning of the offense is usually all you will receive. Professional courtesy goes a long way. Act like a jerkoff and they will treat you as such. There are still plenty of decent trails to be driven on, just not the usual mud bogs.
We did get passed by park rangers where we weren't sure if the spot we were at was legal. We weren't being a-holes so he just waved as we waved and went along his business.

This is my Signature
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode