Detroit/ Novi Top Restaurants - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 09-15-2012, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Detroit/ Novi Top Restaurants

My job is sending me to Novi next week for training, im going to be staying at the Crowne Plaza in Novi. Im looking for some good places to eat dinner. Any top places i should check out? Not really looking for a 60-70 dollar fancy joint, just some places that the locals enjoy. Any leads would be appreciated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Eat Liquid Gold"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 09-15-2012, 07:55 AM
Granite Guru

No shortage of food joints in that area and their all close buy. Would think the hotel should have info/directory available when you get in. Safe trip!
post #3 of 16 Old 09-15-2012, 08:04 AM
JKO Addict!

With what your system does to food, save your money for mods and hit a Taco Bell.

Official sponsor of the Jersey
Crew

"Wasn't Me I was in Sweetwater"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 09-15-2012, 08:13 AM
Wheeler

Downtown Brighton has some quant places. Or head to Royal Oak, Birmingham just down 96 to 696 about ten minutes. Around the corner from your hotel is a nice local chain Andiamo. They changed some of the restaurants lately but some nits at the novi place had a comedy club I believe. It's on grand river down the street a mile just over 96 freeway.
post #5 of 16 Old 09-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Rock God

Send a message via Skype™ to mscedro2

Do Famous Dave's (on Novi road north of grand river). Great BBQ everything (awesome ribs). We hold our group M&G there!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I think I've stopped the bleeding caused by ----> J.E.E.P. A
it doesn't work!!
post #6 of 16 Old 09-15-2012, 06:09 PM
Granite Guru

In no particular order:
Penthouse 20771 W 8 Mile Rd, Detroit
Trumps 22909 W 8 Mile Rd, Detroit
Lake Pointe Yacht Club 37604 Ann Arbor Rd, Livonia

Youll thank me later.

2012 Rubicon Unlimited

Its almost done!!!!!!!!!!!
-Dan Jones
post #7 of 16 Old 09-16-2012, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

cool thanks guys...ill be there tomorrow ill see what i can find

"Eat Liquid Gold"
post #8 of 16 Old 09-16-2012, 08:21 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

do yourself a favor and take the drive out to clarkston...not too far from novi. Get some slammin bbq at the union wood shop in clarkston.

I've had a lot of bbq in my life, and this is the best pulled pork i have ever had.

http://unionwoodshop.com/

If you want an incredible burger, check out either the redcoat tavern in west bloomfield or go to miller's bar in dearborn. Miller's is a throwback to the old school. Beer still costs $2, you pay on the honor system, there's no menus. and the burger is just meat, cheese, and bun. Your options are raw onion or no raw onion. And it's constantly rated as one of the best brugers in the country. yeah, it is that good.

Man, I miss the food out in MIchigan....

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s

Last edited by Joneszj; 09-16-2012 at 08:23 PM.
post #9 of 16 Old 09-16-2012, 09:02 PM
Apt
I Put the FU in FUN

Garage

Bad brads bbq really good. I know of one un shelby. Not close but real good.
Sent from my severely warped brain
post #10 of 16 Old 09-16-2012, 10:02 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Right where you're staying in crowne plaza is a really good steak house - the No. VI chop house. Great steaks!

Go down Haggerty road to 7 mile by the home depot for some awesome Brazilian steakhouse at Gaucho. All you can eat meat for under $50.

Famous Dave's is good too if you like BBQ. It's right south of the I-75 freeway from you in the Novi town center.

Hope this helps!

Jeeping: The art of getting dirty and going broke while slowly heading nowhere, and taking all day to do it
2011 JK Sport. Detonator Yellow. RC 3.5 Series 2 lift, 35 inch BFG TA K/O's, RC front winch plate and Smitty XRC8 winch, bedlined tub, 5.13's, Aussie front, Truetrac rear, Teraflex Speedbumps... and NO STICKERS!
post #11 of 16 Old 09-17-2012, 03:48 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

You all need to quit recommending Famous Daves, that place is everywhere.

But I am no use as I dont live over that way and dont know the smaller establishments.
post #12 of 16 Old 09-17-2012, 04:40 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apt View Post
Bad brads bbq really good. I know of one un shelby. Not close but real good.
Sent from my severely warped brain
I agree!

I had a customer from out of town that wanted some good BBQ so I took him to Bad Brads the other night. He does a lot of traveling and was pretty imprssed by the menu and his meal. Plus I just missed running into Jamie that night.

2007 Sahara Unlimited (SOLD)
2.5 Rock Krawler Max Travel/Bilstein 5100's
17x9 AEV Savegres/35" KM2's
post #13 of 16 Old 09-17-2012, 08:26 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Hey famous Dave's is good!

If you're into ethnic cuisine too like sushi, try Ajishin in grand river between novi road and meadowbrook. Best sushi in town. For Korean barbecue go to bi bim bap. It's next to BD's Mongolian BBQ on grand river east of novi road.

All these places I'm mentioning are within 5 mins of your hotel.

Jeeping: The art of getting dirty and going broke while slowly heading nowhere, and taking all day to do it
2011 JK Sport. Detonator Yellow. RC 3.5 Series 2 lift, 35 inch BFG TA K/O's, RC front winch plate and Smitty XRC8 winch, bedlined tub, 5.13's, Aussie front, Truetrac rear, Teraflex Speedbumps... and NO STICKERS!
post #14 of 16 Old 09-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Wheeler

There is a burger place called Bagger Daves at the corner of grand river and novi road north east corner

08 JKU Rubicon
Mixed with a little Ford and a little chevy
post #15 of 16 Old 09-21-2012, 05:35 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

i hit up the chophouse. awesomeness

went down to gaucho..holy crap swords of meat goodness

couldnt get a rental car for cheap and the taxi's were crazy money

michigan lefts suck balls and make no sense what so ever

did not go to trumps or cosmo's 313

wanted to go down to american jewelry and loan, but the cab ride would have been well over 100 bucks

im coming back in a few months so ill see about getting a rental next time and going over to clarkson. my instructor lives there and he said the bbq place there is awesome.

again, michigan lefts are so dumb

"Eat Liquid Gold"
post #16 of 16 Old 09-24-2012, 09:55 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Hey glad those spots worked out for you. Gaucho is my favorite. I try to make it down there once a month. It's crazy how much they feed you.

And yes Michigan lefts are dumb. If you drive around in a rental, you'll eventually come across roads that for no reason, just blend into another road only to come back into existence a mile or so later. There's a ton of fun here in metro Detroit. Cya next time!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode