Dynamic Off Road in Palatine IL - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 08-05-2012, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Dynamic Off Road in Palatine IL

Has anybody had any work done by these guys? Good / bad experiences? I'm considering having them do my gears.

Thanks,

DonC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-06-2012, 07:33 AM
JKO Addict!

Interested to hear what guys say about this, as I need to get my gears done. I heard good things about attitude performance an they quoted me $700 to install the gears.

2010 Mango 2dr 6spd Rubicon
PSC BFH front and rear, Warn 9.5cti with viking synth line, Rigid duallys, RROR full skid,
RK 2.5 max travel pro with RRDs, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Tera 44 front, Tera 60 rear with 4.88s
post #3 of 11 Old 08-06-2012, 07:45 AM
Wheeler

I can't comment on those places but I had my gears and C gussets done at CNC Offroad in Kenosha...I would go back

2010 JKUR, TF 2.5", 35" MTZs, 5.38s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 08-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by freejeep View Post
Has anybody had any work done by these guys? Good / bad experiences? I'm considering having them do my gears.

Thanks,

DonC
Never heard of them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguyhasadd42 View Post
Interested to hear what guys say about this, as I need to get my gears done. I heard good things about attitude performance an they quoted me $700 to install the gears.
Did you check Suburban Driveline in Villa Park? They make great driveshafts too.

'96 Dodge 2500 12v
'15 JKU-R
post #5 of 11 Old 08-09-2012, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks for the replies, will check those places out too
post #6 of 11 Old 08-09-2012, 06:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFR2212 View Post
Did you check Suburban Driveline in Villa Park? They make great driveshafts too.
Nope I'll have to check them out. Thanks.

PSC BFH front and rear, Warn 9.5cti with viking synth line, Rigid duallys, RROR full skid,
RK 2.5 max travel pro with RRDs, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Tera 44 front, Tera 60 rear with 4.88s
post #7 of 11 Old 08-26-2012, 07:20 AM
JKO Addict!

I've got a buddy who does gears, price is on par with what Attitude charges but you get a little more than just swapping gears for the money.

Also, the tolerances he allows for are tighter than what Matt at Attitude allows for in his gear jobs. How do I know this, he worked at Attitude for a few months and back in 2010 and was surprised by the slop that was allowed to pass by. Not that there was anything wrong with the work mind you, but the quality of work that left Attitudes garage would never have left my buddies garage.

My buddy is an independent, working out of his garage at home but that doesn't mean he doesn't know his shit. He's built himself a nice race truck and a solidly built long armed TJ that has stood the test of over 150k mile of hard wheeling and daily driving.

Here's a pic of a D44 he recently built from scratch.

If you want more info let me know.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 11 Old 08-27-2012, 12:27 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkuntz01 View Post
I've got a buddy who does gears, price is on par with what Attitude charges but you get a little more than just swapping gears for the money.

Also, the tolerances he allows for are tighter than what Matt at Attitude allows for in his gear jobs. How do I know this, he worked at Attitude for a few months and back in 2010 and was surprised by the slop that was allowed to pass by. Not that there was anything wrong with the work mind you, but the quality of work that left Attitudes garage would never have left my buddies garage.

My buddy is an independent, working out of his garage at home but that doesn't mean he doesn't know his shit. He's built himself a nice race truck and a solidly built long armed TJ that has stood the test of over 150k mile of hard wheeling and daily driving.

Here's a pic of a D44 he recently built from scratch.

If you want more info let me know.

I'd love to see photos of the work. I'm not saying Matt does perfect work at AP, but to say your guy does work that's better and post a photo that well.... I can build an axle that looks like that in a few hours. I'm not doubting his work, but photos of gear patterns/paint would be more convincing. That said, I can't imagine Matt would allow too much "slop" in his setups. He's been around for plenty of years and the magazines continue to come back to him for installs/articles.

But then again, EVO makes good products but I've read plenty of people who've had issues with them... So who knows....

'96 Dodge 2500 12v
'15 JKU-R
post #9 of 11 Old 08-27-2012, 09:47 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFR2212 View Post
I'd love to see photos of the work. I'm not saying Matt does perfect work at AP, but to say your guy does work that's better and post a photo that well.... I can build an axle that looks like that in a few hours. I'm not doubting his work, but photos of gear patterns/paint would be more convincing. That said, I can't imagine Matt would allow too much "slop" in his setups. He's been around for plenty of years and the magazines continue to come back to him for installs/articles.

But then again, EVO makes good products but I've read plenty of people who've had issues with them... So who knows....
I understand where you're coming from wanting to see pic's of the work in progress. Ed's focus when he's in the thick of things is getting the work done. As for Ed's tolerances compared to Matt's, trying to remember off the top of my head, I think it was maybe a difference of 100th's or 1000th's. Both were within an acceptable level, but Ed's standards were a little tighter.

With Ed, he must be doing something right considering the steady flow of vehicles of all kinds going through his garage. Hell it took me 6 weeks to get into his garage for help with stuff and I'm a friend.

The spec's on the axle in the pic. He built that axle for another club member, he's been running the same set up in his TJ and has well over 100k miles on it without any issues.

Quote:
Rear: Dana 44 non rubicon
35 spline axle shafts (dana 60) (alloy shafts)
arb
4:56 gears (yukon)
improve oiling
welded tubes
Ford Explorder rear disk brakes

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kkuntz01; 08-27-2012 at 12:20 PM.
post #10 of 11 Old 08-27-2012, 01:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Hey Kevin would i be able to drop my jeep off there or just the axles? I really need to get my gears in these 37s are killing me.

post #11 of 11 Old 08-27-2012, 06:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguyhasadd42 View Post
Hey Kevin would i be able to drop my jeep off there or just the axles? I really need to get my gears in these 37s are killing me.
You can drop the whole jeep off to him and he'll do his thing. Let me know if you need his number again, I'll send it over to you.

If you're going to have Ed do your gears get the call into him to get on his schedule. IIRC, his schedule was pretty booked, so the sooner you get that set, the sooner you can get them done.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode