Petoskey Michigan - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 08-01-2012, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Petoskey Michigan

Hello fellow jeepers,
I recently installed a 2.5 lift and added 33 M/T tires to my 2011 JK 2 DR Sahara.
I am from Windsor Ontario and my girlfriend lives in Petoskey. I will be visiting her the week of August 20th she works afternoons Mon-Wed and was wondering if anyone knows of any good mud trails Or seasonal roads. Or if anyone wants to get Together and get muddy! Any help would be great! Cheers.

-Jake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-07-2012, 09:49 AM
Rock God

Twisted Trails (park) is not too far

Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ACE Engineering
586-806-6641
[B]
post #3 of 4 Old 08-07-2012, 03:36 PM
JKO Addict!

There really isn't anything legal near Petoskey as for state land. As mentioned, Twisted Trails is a private park and is a little over an hour away. On the other hand, I'd go the opposite way and hit Drummond Island. It's a bit further, and requires a ferry ride, but there are about two solid days worth of wheeling to be had there. Its a nice area and a great place to spend a weekend. It's also the premier location for state land wheeling in Michigan. For more challenge, there is also Turtle Ridge offroad park on the island as well.

The other option would be to go further south and hit some of the trails around Grayling, which are ok, or further yet down towards West Branch / St. Helen. The Grayling trails are mostly forest roads and many are used for military training. The ones around West Branch / St. Helen offer tighter trails.

No matter where you go, Michigan only offers at most about 1900 ft of elevation change and only about 1500 ft variance in the lower half. The DNR isn't exactly pro-wheeler either so public land doesn't exactly offer a challenge so if you are looking for that head straight to the parks. If you are looking for some nice scenery and some fun exploring, then you'll have lots of fun on the state land.

Support the sport. GLFWDA.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-08-2012, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks a lot guys I appericate the info. Ya I don't think I could get away leaving for a couple day without her to go to The island.. I originally thought about that but since we leave far away I couldn't risk the fact of not getting any tail by ditching her LOL...... I was just seeing if anyone knew of a mud pit of some nice seasonal roads nothing extremely challenging.... I do have to drive couple hours at the end of the week cause we are gonna camp thinking of silver lake sand dunes not sure yet tho... Thanks for the info...

2011 Jeep Jk 2 Door
33" Toyo Open Cpuntry M/T"s
18" XD Rockstar
2.5" Rough Country Lift & Quick Disconnects
Gibson Dual Exhuat & Mopar CAI
And alot more...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode